makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like discount Catman

8656425-catman.jpg

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am still convinced Sony will announce a standalone Alistair Smythe movie at some point lol. If this is the price we have to pay for Spider-Verse...so be it.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't gonna watch it lol. Sony's superhero movies are usually bad but give off that nostalgic early 2000s superhero movie vibe that always draws me in.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The crazy thing with the lion blood powers is that, like, Kraven DOES have superpowers in the comics, he drinks magic herb tonics. Made by Calypso, who is also in this movie! She's right there! Black Panther did the same thing, you can just steal it! What a weird change.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
It looked fine. Not really good, but it could've been worse. Like, Michael Keaton could've appeared and said "Wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts." and then smiled the camera.

I like that Rhino is a rhino man and not a dumb robot suit like ASM2 and Insomniac Spider-Man.

Aug 31, 2019
Look I don't know anything about this character, and I appreciate they appear to have filmed that car chase in somewhere remotely real, but still. Ye gods. It's like a parody super hero trailer but with the jokes taken out

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Every time I watch trailers these days, I can't help but imagine Marvel editorial going "that's good, we can use that in our comics going forward."

Imagine this lame version of Kraven transitioning to the comics. Bleh.

dessertadmirer

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 5, 2022
They got an actual interesting director, JC Chandor who did Margin Call, and A Most Violent Year which are some of the best hollywood movies of the decade. Trailer seemed pretty generic though

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imma be honest, this looks better than any of the Venom movies and obviously that Morbius garbage, but that ain't a high bar to clear.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Kraven getting powers from a radioactive Lion I guess

Sure, why not. Sounds like something Sony would do
It's definitely not super over the top/dumb but it at least seems to be having more fun than Morbios. As I said before, it's a low bar but it's at least something.
Go back and watch the Morbius trailers and the whole "taking itself too seriously" is night and day here lol.
True

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
It's worth it for Spider verse.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
As long as it's better than Venom 2 and Morbius.

953.jpg

P.S. what is it always with these adaptations where they can't have regular humans be humans? Catwoman has to be breathed powers in by a cg cat. Kraven gets magical cg lion blood...

I thought Kraven wasn't a regular human? Doesn't he use a potion or something to be superhuman?

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Ayy lmao.
It looks hilarious. Hope everyone working on this has fun and got paid handsomely. Seriously, bitten by a radioactive lion?
I thought Kraven wasn't a regular human? Doesn't he use a potion or something to be superhuman?
He's a destitute Russian aristocrat that likes to hunt and do drugs. His superpower is that he is a crazy fuck.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
As long as it's better than Venom 2 and Morbius.

Kraven is currently a zombie running on the lifeforce of several spider people his wife and daughter killed to resurrect him

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Spider-Man getting bit by a radioactive spider makes comic book sense in that it's explained with pseudo science, and it's somewhat believable scientists would be experimenting on spiders. One can only hope Sony offers some kind of explanation why the Lion has magical blood that gives humans powers

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how he's going to hate or become a Spider-Man villain, but ok. I know this trash has nothing to do with the true kino of Morbius and HAVE SEX.