• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that the skin will drop on December 10th to coincide with TGA ahowing the trailer for GOWR PS5 (hopefully no PS4) sequel. The marketing is so predicatble.

If they can get Horizon 2 and Miles Morales running on the PS4, they can totally get God of War 2 running on it as well. Something tells me Sony isn't ready to give up on that player base just yet. 🤔

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting the youths interested in GoW before the new game hits.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
If they can get Horizon 2 and Miles Morales running on the PS4, they can totally get God of War 2 running on it as well. Something tells me Sony isn't ready to give up on that player base just yet. 🤔

I know (and that is what will happen sadly, no way they gonna give up on a platform that made them sell over 20 million copies of the first game), but at least for the love of true next-gen let us not kill that hope and dream. :'(

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Getting the youths interested in GoW before the new game hits.
I was once eviscerated on Era for suggesting that Fortnite is less of a game and more of an advertising platform ... but whatever lol. I still stand by what I said, and all of these licensing agreements make me feel like I wasn't too far off the mark.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was once eviscerated on Era for suggesting that Fortnite is less of a game and more of an advertising platform ... but whatever lol. I still stand by what I said, and all of these licensing agreements make me feel like I wasn't too far off the mark.
Companies obviously are using Fortnite for advertising. Era can be silly sometimes. I would bet anything Sony paid Epic for this rather than the other way around.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably buy him off the PS store. Hopefully you don't have to play on a PS console to unlock him.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OP missed a prime opportunity to have the title be: Kratos confirmed in big game full of crossovers.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting.

Is there a cross platform model, like Rocket League used?
They actually have the best cross platform model in my opinion. One account across all platforms and seamless partying with voice chat for all. Was hoping Epic's acquisition of Psyonix and Rocket league would lead to improvements in that department.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'd rather have Nathan Drake honestly, he fits the shooter gameplay better.
Its the reason I don't really use my Batman skins.

Kratos fits this season though much better than someone like Nathan Drake. Its mostly about bounty hunters/warriors. There's even a colleseum now.

I predict Wonder Woman turning up soon as well due to fitting in with this season also because of her new film release this month.

With Fortnite being cross-play across all platforms it's a bit more murky. I'm assuming he can only be USED on PS4/5, but if you ran into Kratos while playing on Switch Nintendo wouldn't censor him, lol.

He's likely only purchasable on playstation store but you'll be able to play as him on pc/switch/xbox if you link your accounts just like other characters have been done before.

So if I'm on Switch, playing a cross play match with someone on PS4/5 using Kratos, what will I see instead?

What will gamers see when playing on Xbox or switch?

They will see Kratos just like they see already other characters released for just phones and other consoles.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I'll probably buy him off the PS store. Hopefully you don't have to play on a PS console to unlock him.

Actually I am afraid you need to unlock him on PlayStation console to be able to play with him on other platforms. With all PS Plus exclusive skins and rewards you cna get them from PS Store or web store or app store but in order to make them effective, you need to get them started on PlayStation console. They are like V-Bcuks bought on respective platforms, you can only use them on that platform.

Will Kratos be included in the BP? I expect it to be a separate purchase.

Also, Kratos needs to come back to MK.

Yeha I think he will be soem sort of eclsuive PS Store deal. And yeah Norse Kratos is basically new person and needs to be back in MK.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
images

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
People think they are the video games they play for someone reason. It's not that hard to see that Fortnite is its own platform at this point.

Maxflier

Nov 22, 2017
Louisiana
As a Switch player, I can tell you that most of the other players just show up in game as default skins even though they aren't.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Actually Kratos makes sense I think he has been the most used guest character in various games. What is is left? Fortnite? Here we go!

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
As a Switch player, I can tell you that most of the other players just show up in game as default skins even though they aren't.
That's not how it works. Currently, every skin is viewable and playable on every console. There are skins that are exclusive to like PS Plus members. But once redeemed in your Fortnite account, they can be used on any platform. If you're seeing a default skin, that player is using a default skin.

It remains to be seen if Kratos will work the same as above or if he truly will only be viewable as Kratos to other players. Given that's never been the case before, I'm leaning towards him being playable on any platform once redeemed.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
Actually I am afraid you need to unlock him on PlayStation console to be able to play with him on other platforms. With all PS Plus exclusive skins and rewards you cna get them from PS Store or web store or app store but in order to make them effective, you need to get them started on PlayStation console. They are like V-Bcuks bought on respective platforms, you can only use them on that platform.
Darn, I did this before because I prefer the easier competition on Switch, but I ended up selling the PS4 and couldn't remember if I needed the console. Thanks for the confirmation tho.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome.

Now if only he could come to Smash.

:(

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Darn, I did this before because I prefer the easier competition on Switch, but I ended up selling the PS4 and couldn't remember if I needed the console. Thanks for the confirmation tho.

NP. I hope you will get a PS5 before the deal ends (like before the seaons ends). It's worth the price and the skin.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
TFW the influencer skins thing isn't even a meme.
fortnite-ninja-1024x1820.jpg
I was playing with my partner's kid and we were playing with superhero toys. And he told me to pretend they weren't Spider-Man or Batman and were instead like Markiplier and Ninja. Brave new world. Get 'em hooked while young.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Oh damn now that I remember. Only Captain America and Thor are worth lifting Mjolnir. Kratos should be added to the list cus he will be able to use Mjolnir in the next GOW DUH(he can still use the Leviathan axe which has similar powers and made by the same dwarves). So they don't need to overlook this detail. He needs to use Mjolnir as glider like Thor too.
They need to make Mimir's head as backbling too and Icarus wings as glider since now the glider can be hooked to back exactly like Mave wings glider and they need to make his built-in emote Spartan Rage making all his veins pop out like in the game. A wrap greyish ash wrap called family ashes to remember his dark past which will make all weapons look ashy. A lava or icy contrail (changing styles according to whether he is equipped with the blades of Chaos, so lava/fire or the Leviathan axe so ice).

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
so Fortnite is Smash Bros but shooter.

I'm honestly okay with this
Except in Smash Bros., each character has a unique moveset that relates to the history of the games that they've been featured in. With Fortnite it's literally just "build forts, shoot enemies, farm materials ... as Batman / Thanos / Kratos, etc".

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
When did you say it though? :) At launch it absolutely wasn't, it was a pubg rip off by pubgs engine supplier...now it is the only place to advertise to young people full stop.

So you may have been right, or wrong, or just ahead of the curve :)

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
They get hundreds of dance moves though. 😂
lol true ... but I've just always found it odd that people are open to paying $20 to shoot guns as Batman but not buy an Arkham game on Steam where they can actually do Batman things for (checks Steam), the exact same price.
When did you say it though? :) At launch it absolutely wasn't, it was a pubg rip off by pubgs engine supplier...now it is the only place to advertise to young people full stop.

So you may have been right, or wrong, or just ahead of the curve :)
I think it was like a year ago. I don't recall specifically, but I was basically laughed out of the conversation.