• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I'm sure Sony made a pretty penny from TLOU Remastered on the PS4 instead of it being a free download for PS3 owners

There's a world of difference between a resolution bump and porting a game to a completely new system with totally different architecture.

And how the hell would PS3 owners get the PS4 version for free when the vast majority of PS3 players bought it physically?

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I have said before and I will say again, if we don't hear anything by gdc about a potential ps5 in 2019 then i shall give up on 2019. I don't understand why some of you are so adamant on telling people to give up on 2019 including schreier. Why is it bothering you!? Let people hope for whatever they want and if it doesn't happen then no big deal, we just wait another year.

Nocturno

Oct 27, 2017
Sony skipping E3 2019 is just as relevant.

Everything as long as they don't announce games 5 years early ever again.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Does anyone remember at E3 2005 they announced the PS3 would be coming Spring 2006?

xeY2JAV.jpg[
https://youtu.be/22ORpAmFBNI?t=6640

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I like 2020. One more good holiday season for PS4. Leaving 3rd parties, indies and late buyers some breathing room before PS5.

Somewhere along the line I expect the twins to permanently drop to $200 to accelerate sales.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I look forward to a new toy. Hope they knock it out of the park with the specs.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Another 7 year cycle. Holy shit... it's been that long by then.

Theres no "holy shit" to be added here.

Sony and Microsoft gave us console refreshes to extend the life span of the base consoles. It was for that intended purpose that both platform manufacturers came through with a re-make of last gen with a 7 year console gen yet again.

The holy shit would be if we went all gen without no refresh for 7 gargantuan years.

In the end, If we get viable Cloud tech in the next 2 years, we could go with an even longer generation with a 8 to 10 years gen and having console refreshes and Cloud tech do the heavy lifting and carry the console userbase and infrastructure of the big 3.

It will benefit virtually everybody (developers and console manufacturers) as developing times have gotten longer and starting from a 0 installbase with every new console release has become a quite problem.

(Doesn't sit well with investors, vastly reduced quarterly profit margins, PlayStation resetting its revenue and becoming a smaller profiting sector of Sony than what it was and waiting years to get it back, etc.)

Last edited:

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they are aiming for $499, I wonder if they arr also planning for a cheaper stream based console like Microsoft?