Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I mean, Famitsu gave 40/40 to Peace Walker and, guess what?

There was a limited edition Famitsu PSP-Peace Walker bundle. And that was 10 years ago.

Clearly they only gave it a perfect score because they were allowed to be in the game!!!!!

Let's just see what ELSE they gave a perfect score, MUAH HAHAHA

Metal Gear Solid V
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

And THERE you have it, uncontestable proof that Kojima planned to allow the famitsu team to be in the game JUST to get a high score for Death Stranding and ALL these other titles.

For shame, for shame!

Peace Walker had a tie-in with Famitsu appearing in the game

Last edited:

mouzone

Oct 30, 2017
Do people here actually take The Game Awards seriously? Damn we still have a long way to go in this medium.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I mean, even if they didn't appear and the game got a 40/40 nobody takes Famitsu seriously, so...

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do people here actually take The Game Awards seriously? Damn we still have a long way to go in this medium.

Well... I mean nearly all awards are voted by like 100 media outlets. I doubt there is a more 'objective' way to give out a price. Ofcourse it's still just a price, but i think it's the biggest one you can get in gaming. Maybe that writers one from the UK?

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Clearly they only gave it a perfect score because they were allowed to be in the game!!!!!

Let's just see what ELSE they gave a perfect score, MUAH HAHAHA

Metal Gear Solid V
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

And THERE you have it, uncontestable proof that Kojima planned to allow the famitsu team to be in the game JUST to get a high score for Death Stranding and ALL these other titles.

For shame, for shame!

Imagine giving perfect score for 4, 5, fucking Peace Walker, but not 3 : o

May 5, 2018
Ha that Geoff DS comic is funny. Do we know when Geoff is gonna unveil the nominees for the Game Awards this year?

Also I have a weird feeling Death Stranding will sweep all the technical awards but not best action adventure game nor even get nominated for GOTY. I might be wrong but I have a feeling.

And isn't the Famitsu mascot an Americanized cartoon cat? Funny how Famitsu is the video game reviewing outlet that survives the apocalypse.

Last edited:

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
The game that just keeps delivering, lol.

DS may be a boring slog, but in a way all these hilarious developments sort of make it worth it.

Last edited:

mickaelaria

May 25, 2019
wasnt the CEO(the guy doing the cameo) of Kadokawa Publishing (the company that owns Famitsu, From Software and Spike Chunsoft) seen going to dinners with Kojima a lot, just the two of them, and there was speculation that Kadokawa was eyeing to buy Kojima Productions so he was courting Kojima?

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I mean, Famitsu gave 40/40 to Peace Walker and, guess what?

There was a limited edition Famitsu PSP-Peace Walker bundle. And that was 10 years ago.

Can you provide a link to that? I've found no such evidence.

What I did find, however, was a limited edition Famitsu Game Boy Pocket. For shame Nintendo, for shame. Truly this calls everything Nintendo-related regarding Famitsu into question, would you not agree Jegriva?

450px-Gameboy_Pocket_Model_F_Famitsu_edition_1997.jpg

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What I did find, however, was a limited edition Famitsu Game Boy Pocket. For shame Nintendo, for shame. Truly this calls everything Nintendo-related regarding Famitsu into question, would you not agree Jegriva?

lol, gottem
it's not a competition you know

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019

I misremembered the article (linked above) that I read 10 years ago: the Famitsu publisher and Editor-in-Chief appeared in the ads for the PSP-Peace Walker bundle (with the military skin), and the magazine appeared in-game in the japanese release.

18j3sc7ogx9tjjpg.jpg

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I misremembered the article (linked above) that I read 10 years ago: the Famitsu publisher and Editor-in-Chief appeared in the ads for the PSP-Peace Walker bundle (with the military skin), and the magazine appeared in-game in the japanese release.

Yes, I know you "misremembered." I asked you to prove your Peace Walker limited edition Famitsu bundle claim even though I know no such shit exists only to showcase the amount of Kojima bullshit that is allowed to spew unchecked.

The "conflict of interest" you tried to attribute and defame Kojima with actually happened with Nintendo, yet I'm looking around the I fail to see the uproar?

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Yes, I know you "misremembered." I asked you to prove your Peace Walker limited edition Famitsu bundle claim even though I know no such shit exists only to showcase the amount of Kojima bullshit that is allowed to spew unchecked.

The "conflict of interest" you tried to attribute and defame Kojima with actually happened with Nintendo, yet I'm looking around the I fail to see the uproar?
Chill out man. He's not your king.
I'm sorry I don't know by memory Kotaku article of a decade ago like scriptures. I have corrected myself before you came in full Kojima-stan mode.
Having the eidtor-in-chief be the testimonial of a bundle and having a commercial tie-in, and having the bundle with the magazine name on it aren't that far in my book. Two equally sleazy practices.

It wasn't called "Famitsu", but it was advertised BY Famitsu ON Famitsu WITH Famitsu colors. A rose with another name.

And stop whatabouting.

Last edited:

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to make a joke that the paycheck cleared in the Famitsu Death Stranding review thread. Opportunity wasted.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
People acting like criticism of Famitsu's scores as suspect is some new phenomenon or specific to Kojima when it's been a running commentary for every highly scored Famitsu game (regardless of publisher) for two generations is really weird.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

dude, calm down.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I'd blame Sony for paying them off and not Koji
yes, I believe is more shitty on Famitsu part. I don't think Kojima has much to say about the marketing and advertising at Konami.

Is whatabouting the part where I corrected your defamation with factual information? Or is it the part where I pointed out the hypocrisy? I'm not in tune with the latest lingo, but I fail to see why I should stop doing either.
First, I corrected myself before you came in.
Second, I don't know much about Famitsu scores of 1997 Game Boy reviews.
I don't know if they bloat the scores of Game Boy games against.. the Neo Geo Pocket? Was it even out in 1997...? Had the Game Gear games in 1997??

Last edited:

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

So let me get this straight, it's OK to post misinformation in an attempt to defame someone. That's cool no problem, let's all have a good laugh. But when someone comes along and corrects that misinformation its, "Dude, calm down." I suppose the more accepting thing would be to allow the misinformation to spread or better yet post false defaming material myself, correct?

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, not a good look. But for real, Death Stranding getting a perfect score still made more sense than Jojo all star battle perfect score

Yes Nintendog also deserve that perfect 10

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So let me get this straight, it's OK to post misinformation in an attempt to defame someone. That's cool no problem, let's all have a good laugh. But when someone comes along and corrects that misinformation its, "Dude, calm down." I suppose the more accepting thing would be to allow the misinformation to spread or better yet post false defaming material myself, correct?
what's not cool is accusing someone of making things up when they themselves admitted they remembered it wrong and posted the correct info.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Defaming Famitsu? You know at least 3 people had already posted the same thing in the pages before, right?

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
what's not cool is accusing someone of making things up when they themselves admitted they remembered it wrong and posted the correct info.

Well to be fair he actually admitted his mistake while at the same time further doubling down on it, saying,

"It wasn't called "Famitsu", but it was advertised BY Famitsu ON Famitsu WITH Famitsu colors. A rose with another name."

I mean, Famitsu is one of the biggest gaming mags in Japan. Do we need to list all the games that's been in advertisement with? Trying to paint that as some special-to-Kojima conflict of interest thing is equally disingenuous.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Defaming Famitsu? You know at least 3 people had already posted the same thing in the pages before, right?

So you just informed me that three other people have posted the same misinformation that you did. Misinformation spreads quicker than the truth. People are quicker to believe what they want to believe, or what reinforced their preconceived notions. Precisely why I needed to here correct it. One person says it, and parrots follow.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
So you just informed me that three other people have posted the same misinformation that you did. Misinformation spreads quicker than the truth. People are quicker to believe what they want to believe, or what reinforced their preconceived notions. Precisely why I needed to here correct it. One person says it, and parrots follow.
man, READ.

Me and three other people posted the article that says that Editor in Chief of Famitsu appeared in an ad about the PSP-Peace Walker bundle with Famitsu colors, and the Famitsu magazine appeared inside the game, all of this before Famitsu gave 40/40 at Peace Walker.

Read it again. Stop calling it misinformation, those are FACTS.

Famitsu is shitty, everybody knows it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well shit, I would have given you a perfect score as well Kojima if I could have been in the game.

I want my character to sing "asylum for the feeeeeeeeling" to Norman Reedus. And only my character gets to call him Norman Reedus. You know, you are really incredible, Norman Reedus.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Kotaku discovering that Famitsu scores mean jack shit? Well, that good ol' meme is still relevant then. Even user reviews on Metacritic for a game with pro-women/LGBT stuff are more relevant than majority of Famitsu 40/40 reviews, so... (granted, Famitsu reviews don't make you lose all hope in humanity, but you catch my drift).

EJGEkzuWkAUh1UE
so what, you already knew about this specific instance of famitsu seeming sketchy? just because you have already formed an opinion on the publication doesn't mean that any new controversy about them is not news.

what is with this bizzare hostility towards a totally standard and acceptable piece of reporting?

dodo

Oct 27, 2017

is this a death stranding cutscene