NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
Also worth noting from that report in the OP, over 75% of Konami's revenue in 2020 came from their digital entertainment division. They specifically mention their sports games, Yu-Gi-Oh, their retro compilations, and this game. People like to make fun of Konami for doing pachinko stuff but that division is actually their smallest division (after videogames, their second biggest source of revenue is fitness gyms & sports equipment).

Everyone who actually looked at the company knows this but hurr durr konami doesn't make games anymore pachinko is still a common opinion on here. They just stopped making huge risky projects which was a good idea.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Everyone who actually looked at the company knows this but hurr durr konami doesn't make games anymore pachinko is still a common opinion on here. They just stopped making huge risky projects which was a good idea.

Pretty much, their pachislot is an entirely different division and barely has any influence on their main business and has been the case before kojima. Hell, even when kojima was a mainstay they ignored tons of ip like gradius, twinbee and contra so they could milk metal gear and silent hill to obnoxious levels and burn tons of money on making them AAA.

Those two finally just showed other Konami fans what everyone else felt now that they only thing they're milking is PES. But they're very much still active, just doing what they did with other ips during their metal gear high: ie: licensing their older ip and playing it safe with the cash cow of their choice. (now PES and maybe this in japan if it isn't a one-off?) Yugioh kinda was one back then too, and it sorta is now with duel links being a good game and LOTD existing but it's not nearly as big as it was during the GBA era

Nov 2, 2017
1) mad at myself for not owning more shares - I have a paltry amount compared to my other stocks
Wow in just 1 year...
OuE5SP7.jpg

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what this is but I've played Billion Road. Which one came first?