• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
220px-Thewarriorscover.jpg

Writes itself.

Oct 26, 2017
omg yes if true. i loved the frigging hell out of 4

I'm waiting for a Samurai Warriors 4 Definitive Edition to come out on Switch with all content from SW4 and SW4-II (II is supposedly just an expanded version no?).

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Definitive Edition is coming to Switch worldwide on Dec 27th, soooo get to it KT! :P

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Won't be Precure Musou, but it should be Precure Musou. Or an idol Musou for the lols.

Since we're not dreaming in reality right now, Mahoiku Musou is my goal.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Probably a musou game, but If some odd chance it is Ninja Gaiden 4 I will flip out. I am excited either way.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't even touched DW 9 but it's hard to be excited after what shit show that was.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Samurai Warriors 5.

The series logo does have flames in it, plus it's been awhile since SW4 IIRC, and someone on Gematsu pointed out that the SW twitter account tweeted not long ago after only doing retweets since May.

https://twitter.com/sengoku_musou
ShockingKlutzyIggypops-small.gif

I fucking hope not. SW4 was the most dull musou game I ever played. I called NG:Black remaster a week ago in another thread, sticking by that.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for a Samurai Warriors 4 Definitive Edition to come out on Switch with all content from SW4 and SW4-II (II is supposedly just an expanded version no?).

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Definitive Edition is coming to Switch worldwide on Dec 27th, soooo get to it KT! :P
SW4-II isn't an expanded version. It has story and game modes that are distinct from the first game. In the past, it would have been an Xtreme Legends expansion before Capcom won that lawsuit regarding console game expansion patents or something (that I guess was later overturned?)

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Samurai Warriors 5.
Now with a whole story for Ranmaru that Westerners can actually get to play.

... please?

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Hoping/expecting Ninja Gaiden of some sort
Wanting A Ninja Gaiden of some sort, or PreCure Musou

Will probably get another freaking R3K game.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
The Xbox One sells like shit in Japan. Any Xbox One games they make of major releases are typically ports for the west, because they'll sell jack-shit at home.

So they can't make a port for the XB1 but they'll have one ready for port for the PS4 and PC here in America?

It's past tiresome to see this blatant disregard for the Xbox platform as if Xbox gamers don't appreciate Japanese games too.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So they can't make a port for the XB1 but they'll have one ready for port for the PS4 and PC here in America?

It's past tiresome to see this blatant disregard for the Xbox platform as if Xbox gamers don't appreciate Japanese games too.
Uh, no. That's not what I meant at all.

When this game gets an international release, an Xbox One port will likely be made. They're not going to even bother marketing a game for the Xbox One in Japan. The game would not sell. That's not Japanese developers being insulting. That's the reality of the situation. The Xbox One audience in Japan is minuscule. There is literally no point in expending any energy on anything Xbox One related to the console gaming audience there.

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They would likely be fine with porting to XBOX if MS pay for the porting. Japanese developers have tight budgets, they have to be careful about how they spend their funds. They are more like AA developers than AAA, and I personally like them that way.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

If your game sells 80%+ of your copies within Japan, and Xbox is like less than 1% install base compared to PS4, why the hell would you port it to Xbox? It's a lot less work to localize a game than it is to port it to a different platform.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Uh, no. That's not what I meant at all.

When this game gets an international release, an Xbox One port will likely be made. They're not going to even bother marketing a game for the Xbox One in Japan. The game would not sell. That's not Japanese developers being insulting. That's the reality of the situation. The Xbox One audience in Japan is minuscule. There is literally no point in expending any energy on anything Xbox One related to the console gaming audience there.

I wasn't directing that anger toward you to be clear but I took your comment to mean that since the XB1 doesn't sell well over there they wont even bother with a port here in America.

I'm not asking for them to market it for those in Japan for the platform I'm asking why isn't the XB1 even on the table for eventual release. Too many Japanese publishers ignore ports for their games to the platform and I don't quite understand why. The Kingdom Hearts collection comes to mind where there is clearly a market for the games on the Xbox platform here in America with many asking for it but they're not releasing it for the system while releasing KH3. What's up with that?

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

Almost every Japanese game in Japan is either PS4 only or PS4\Switch. Xbox nor PC is never in the equation but when the games get localized th4y get an X1 and PC version. So when this gets announced for the West, it's coming to everything.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
They would likely be fine with porting to XBOX if MS pay for the porting. Japanese developers have tight budgets, they have to be careful about how they spend their funds. They are more like AA developers than AAA, and I personally like them that way.

Ah...So it's a matter of the funding to port it over. I understand more now.

So then Xbox gamers need to get at MS on them putting out a strong effort to get these games ported. Thanks my man.

Almost every Japanese game in Japan is either PS4 only or PS4\Switch. Xbox nor PC is never in the equation but when the games get localized th4y get an X1 and PC version. So when this gets announced for the West, it's coming to everything.

Oh ok. I just assumed it meant it'll only ever release for the platforms in the OP. I'm learning. Thank you.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I wasn't directing that anger toward you to be clear but I took your comment to mean that since the XB1 doesn't sell well over there they wont even bother with a port here in America.

I'm not asking for them to market it for those in Japan for the platform I'm asking why isn't the XB1 even on the table for eventual release. Too many Japanese publishers ignore ports for their games to the platform and I don't quite understand why. The Kingdom Hearts collection comes to mind where there is clearly a market for the games on the Xbox platform here in America with many asking for it but they're not releasing it for the system while releasing KH3. What's up with that?

That has to do with exclusivity with Sony. They even have the special edition PlayStation and the "All in One" along with the collections. Though I don't understand how that's surprising to you considering Square and Sony go hand to hand. All of Square-Enix's games get Sony exclusivity first and foremost before even considering potential other platforms, if there are even any. Usually it's just PS4\PC. But it's not really a matter of funding. Maybe for niche Japanese games funding is the issue and if Microsoft makes an effort, they can get them, but not from games from a big company like Square. Sony will always get the exclusivity on Japanese games over Xbox with these companies and games.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

I would say it's hard to judge demand from our limited perspective.

We think there's a demand because of the one hundred or so posters on a forum yelling about it but when the game comes out the sales doesn't reflect the demand, as Sega soon finds out.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy Musou! I know it won't be that, but man... you could add every mainline protagonist as characters, throw in a few of the sequel characters too (mmm Pain), not to mention the villains! Kefka! Sephiroth!

There's so much potential. One can dream.