• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PunishedOkabe

From a certain point of view, this isn't a copy
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Surprise waiting when I got home from work

yehOezA_d.jpg

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So to clarify my remarks, I did everything you could do on a first playthrough but I played on Hard, not Nightmare. I spent some extra time getting some good Quartz too which may have increased the time a little. But yeah, for the most part I used Turbo mode through field areas and regular battles.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Do the sidequest have plot content tied to the main plot or not? Anything similar to
to the black records cutscene (which was criminally hidden)?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, any Kiseki game should be reviewed with 4 scores:
- Anton storyline score
- Cat stories quality score (they never really outshone Antoine tbh)
- BOOKS score
- give whatever score to the rest
A Mishy stan is gonna jump at my throat any minute now.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
- Anton storyline score
- BOOKS score

That's trash and you know it. We all measure a Trails game by the quality of its lamp orbment changing quest.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
- Anton storyline score
- BOOKS score
That's trash and you know it. We all measure a Trails game by the quality of its lamp orbment changing quest.
Wha? I thought we were going by quantity of headpats.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
By the way, is ToCSIII PS4 pro enhanced in any way?

I'm getting a 4k tv as one of our TVs has died, and I was thinking of getting a Pro even if it's just a waste of money (I should just wait for the next consoles at this point, but I'm impulsive), so I was wondering if this marvel of modern technology will get any benefit from that.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe PH3 (Durante is one of the founder) was contracted to do the PC port?
Their web page certainly reads like an invitation for NISA to hire them. After all, with their resume (worked on CS1 and CS2) they would be a perfect match. Every publisher with a lick of sense would jump at that chance
So instead I'll assume NISA found the cheapest programmer they could find off of Fiverr and gave them 2 months tops

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
So I have the ps3 versions of CS1 and 2, can i transfer that data to CS3 on ps4 or do I have to have the ps4 versions of them?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
So I have the ps3 versions of CS1 and 2, can i transfer that data to CS3 on ps4 or do I have to have the ps4 versions of them?
there's no data transfer going from CS2 to 3 for any version, and I'm only aware of data transfer from CS3 to PS4 versions of CS1 and 2... not sure if that's still possible because of their NA publishers.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Their web page certainly reads like an invitation for NISA to hire them. After all, with their resume (worked on CS1 and CS2) they would be a perfect match. Every publisher with a lick of sense would jump at that chance
So instead I'll assume NISA found the cheapest programmer they could find off of Fiverr and gave them 2 months tops
Yeah it seems the best choice to do if they want the best port. Not like there are no competent people at NISA but Durante is used to work on a Kiseki game. We will see. But whoever is porting the game, I will buy it day 1 ahah.

Not expecting a PC announcement if any until after the console release ships.
I hope we will hear at TGA or a little time later.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I heard in one of the Drama CD's he's pushed toward his sister. I'm still gonna ignore the crap out of Alisa and love on Laura regardless >.>

Ugh, fuckin' hell, I hope they don't do that. It was bad enough with
Joshua and Estelle.

And as well you should, Laura's amazing.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me either. Up thread, someone claims that you can re romance Laura, but it kind of seems like falcom is pushing Alisa.

They still are, but you're still ultimately free to choose who you want as a romance option. That was Kondo's intent from the beginning.

I heard in one of the Drama CD's he's pushed toward his sister. I'm still gonna ignore the crap out of Alisa and love on Laura regardless >.>

It doesn't do that, and more people should watch it anyway because it's important to Rean's character arc:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah, long as you don't cross her she's your best friend who will always stick up for you.

... if you don't cross her...

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
My review is live now, I've played the sky series, Zero and watched a recap of Ao beforehand.

You need to play CSI and II as a minimum and then anything else after that will help you understand certain characters/areas/plot points a lot more. It is worth mentioning that Rean is like the player in that he doesn't know these events too well either.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My review is live now, I've played the sky series, Zero and watched a recap of Ao beforehand.

You need to play CSI and II as a minimum and then anything else after that will help you understand certain characters/areas/plot points a lot more. It is worth mentioning that Rean is like the player in that he doesn't know these events too well either.
just a note; CS3 uses the same engine as CS1 and 2

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

This is a pretty good review, and goes into most of my questions about it. Tldw:

The text translation is just ever so slightly worse than CS1 and 2, the dub is excellent. I think NISA did about as good of a job as we hoped they would, and this makes me very excited about CS4 and the future of the series. Thank you for giving this the love and care the series deserves, NISA.

(as an aside, why was millium's VA recast?)

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
This is a pretty good review, and goes into most of my questions about it. Tldw:

The text translation is just ever so slightly worse than CS1 and 2, the dub is excellent. I think NISA did about as good of a job as we hoped they would, and this makes me very excited about CS4 and the future of the series. Thank you for giving this the love and care the series deserves, NISA.

(as an aside, why was millium's VA recast?)
They talked about this in a video or something released awhile back that I couldn't find where they tried to get everyone back but Ashly Burch was unavailable due to scheduling conflicts. (Likely Borderlands 3 and other future games)