Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I loathe 2D maps with elevation-based mechanics like that, but I'm interested nonetheless. The general aesthetic is great, and the combat system looks like a mix between Paper Mario and Radiant Historia... I really can't say no to that.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really dislike Kickstarting games, but I'm tempted here I will admit.
There will always be that risk. Still, good things have come out of Kickstarting videogames: Hyper Light Drifter (minus WiiU port debacle), Shovel Knight...

I like how the game is shaping up so far. I might back it...but need to get funds...

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Will buy when it releases (looks great) but I don't Kickstart anymore.

After Bloodstained (Switch physical is broken and more expensive than retail), Shenmue III (EGS exclusive), Mighty Number 9 (Beh), and Ghost Song (It will get to beta any decade now). I don't trust the platform anymore when it comes to video games.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I may have to back this, it's giving me cosmic star heroine vibes which is a very good thing.

Will buy when it releases (looks great) but I don't Kickstart anymore.

After Bloodstained (Switch physical is broken and more expensive than retail), Shenmue III (EGS exclusive), Mighty Number 9 (Beh), and Ghost Song (It will get to beta any decade now). I don't trust the platform anymore when it comes to video games.

It's always a risk. I backed Ghost Song and Star citizen. But I've also backed Shadow Run twice, Battletech, Battlechasers and FTL. There can be some great games out of Kickstarter. Just gotta do your due diligence and realize it's a risk.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Backed at the $15 tier; seems like its well on its way to getting funded. This is the first game I've pledged to on KS since Shenmue III.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty great that the devs were actually janitors while they were putting this together

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
62% funded now. Should reach the goal sometime mid-campaign which means it's got a good chance of hitting some stretch goals, especially in the final surge.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing they're going to reach the initial goal with about a week left to go, then get the extra $20k for the console port(s) stretch goal in the last week. This is assuming there are no big surprises with the campaign.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like this is doing well. If it hits the Switch stretch goal and I can choose that for my digital copy then I'll throw some money their way.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
U248arc.gif

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Currently sitting at 85%.

I'm surprised given how good the initial pitch was that they've had very little to say since, which has probably reduced the possible amount they could have made.

Maybe they only want the stated amount and aren't interested in overshooting? But they do have stretch goals...

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Damn it looks like reaching 100% is not a given yet :s

Their worst day so far was $580 so the only way they're not reaching 100% is if the average for the remaining days dropped below that. The chance of that happening is infinitesimal - generally speaking, the best days for Kickstarter funding is the last few days.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they'll make it. They've put in little effort since the campaign begun though, which is sad. I feel they could have already made it by now.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their worst day so far was $580 so the only way they're not reaching 100% is if the average for the remaining days dropped below that. The chance of that happening is infinitesimal - generally speaking, the best days for Kickstarter funding is the last few days.
Thanks for the information. I'm not familiar with Kickstarter and thought that on the contrary the best days were the first days after launch.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the information. I'm not familiar with Kickstarter and thought that on the contrary the best days were the first days after launch.

Generally the first few days are the best, the last few days are second best, and everything else is low. The exception is if it's clear that the KS won't succeed (at which point, it doesn't have a surge in the finale) or if the people doing the KS do heavy marketing throughout the campaign or make huge announcements.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Less then $2000 to go with 8 days remaining, so this should make it.

I still think it would have been far more successful (to the point of being close to the switch goal) with a better run campaign. There hasn't been an update since the 23rd of July, and I constantly forget this project exists. Bizarrely they are very active in their comments section though.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
This, along with Small Saga, make it for a really cool indie JRPG scene. My only concern is that we won't get to play them for a long time :(

Tamazoid

Oct 28, 2017
Just backed it, but the lack of updates concerns me. Especially since it their last one a couple of weeks ago they mentioned 'exciting announcements' to be announced. I like the look of what they have, but I feel they could have pushed it much more, especially towards the wider Switch/Nintendo community given the stretch goal.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Just backed it, but the lack of updates concerns me. Especially since it their last one a couple of weeks ago they mentioned 'exciting announcements' to be announced. I like the look of what they have, but I feel they could have pushed it much more, especially towards the wider Switch/Nintendo community given the stretch goal.

Yeah I'm pretty surprised there haven't been any updates for two weeks. The funding period is usually the most frequent in regards to updates so it's not sending a great message to those who like communicative kickstarters.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks awesome. I wonder why they haven't hyped this out or sent a demo out (though I know that takes a lot of work). I'm dirt poor and not able to pitch in, but will buy it on PC or any console port it gets though, I love this Grouchland world.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Just bumping this up to let people know they posted another update today.

The most important part for me is this:
80k - Nintendo Switch

We have heard the outcry for the Switch. Trust us, we want to be able to take this garbage on the go as well. We have a ways to go to get there but it is still possible! If we hit this goal all backers who got a digital copy of the game can request this version.

I'm definitely in if they hit that goal, and it looks like they may.

Last edited:

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
They also revealed the 100k stretch goal which is for NG+, additional modes, and a secret playable character.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow can't believe I'm just now seeing this, might have to back this soon. Absolutely love the character designs. Hope this hits the 80k goal.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
At about $70k with a little over a day left to go. Needs that final home run sprint now to get the $80k Switch stretch goal.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you say it was poorly managed? I haven't been following it closely, so I'm just genuinely curious as someone who has run a Kickstarter of their own.

They dumped a lot of good information on day one (15th of July), but then pretty much went into radio silence until just a week ago when they added the 100K goal...and that was all (while still not having hit the goal, let alone the first 65K stretch at the time).

The best kickstarters dripfeed information (videos, music, design details etc) throughout the kickstarter to keep people engaged and to remind them that the kickstarter exists so they can spread the word and gain new backers. There are times in the last month I'd forgotten I even backed this.

The weird thing is they reply to pretty much every comment. They just never bothered with updates.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
They dumped a lot of good information on day one (15th of July), but then pretty much went into radio silence until just a week ago when they added the 100K goal...and that was all (while still not having hit the goal, let alone the first 65K stretch at the time).

The best kickstarters dripfeed information (videos, music, design details etc) throughout the kickstarter to keep people engaged and to remind them that the kickstarter exists so they can spread the word and gain new backers. There are times in the last month I'd forgotten I even backed this.

The weird thing is they reply to pretty much every comment. They just never bothered with updates.

I see. Thanks for sharing!

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't 60k a bit low of a target for a game kickstarter? Sort of worries me