Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Ha, figured it was a rhythm game, and I'm totally down for it. Of course they'd find some way to make this canon, lol.

I am screaming internally at the fact that even in 2020 they're still finding a way to use the KH1 models. This is some Castlevania level of asset reuse.
hail to the queen

ilxkr1h381c01.gif

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
We finally got it guys, Kingdom Hearts on Switch

Now they just need to put Finny Fun in this

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I love the music in KH but the KH series story has really let me down. If this let's me avoid the nonsense I'll bite.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
If Sora was sentient he would've gone on strike by now if only because they've, in 2020, still found ways to make him do this:

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Dissaponted the title wasn't "New Kingdom Hearts game coming to Switch!", lol.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, figured it was a rhythm game, and I'm totally down for it. Of course they'd find some way to make this canon, lol.

hail to the queen

ilxkr1h381c01.gif

She might be the first one, but I think now KH1 Sora is the longest one in use. 18 years of using that same asset prominently. You could argue Morrigan was an afterthought in at least CvS2 where she was hands down the ugliest thing in the game, but it was around that time that she kinda vanished.

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What a cheap production... not even the effort of trying something new like Theathrhythm, just plane shameless re-use of two gen old assets. WHY? It looks like a mobile game RIP off

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
For as much as I love the series music I don't have too much interest in that, BUT I will be watching all those Kairi scenes for sure.

that chamber door closing at the beginning with Xehanort has to be the same machine that Maleficent was trying to use in UX.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KH III OSt announced to release this fall BTW.

I hope this means they will also make a new FF music game.

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I can't image Theatrhythm without touch controls.

I guess the third person viewpoint makes sense though, FF Theatrhythm was from a side-on pespective (like FF I-VI) and DQ Theatrhythm was IIRC first person - like DQ games.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just before the second half the trailer went weird I was thinking "This is inexplicably going to somehow be part of the overall KH plot isn't it". And there it was.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if any composer deserves to have a rhythm game, it's Yoko Shimomura.

She might be the first one, but I think now KH1 Sora is the longest one in use. 18 years of using that same asset prominently. You could argue Morrigan was an afterthought in at least CvS2 where she was hands down the ugliest thing in the game, but it was around that time that she kinda vanished.

It it really the same Sora though?
When they made the first HD collection, they actually had to rebuild everything from the ground up because they lost the source code for the original PS2 games.

Gvitor

Oct 27, 2017
I love that there's a fakeout that this is simply a KH spin off before the reveal that there are important story bits.

Like Nomura could let it just be a spin off.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
I will probably watch the cutscenes on YouTube and get it later when the price drops, depending if it's BBS minigame level trash or not.

The big news here is that we are finally getting the soundtrack!!!