TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Have you played KHII Final Mix? If not, might as well give it a try since this will hopefully have some rebalanced combat or at least new, more challenging boss fights that should hopefully be fun to fight against. If yes, did you like all the extra content (bosses, Mushroom XIII, Cave of Remembrance etc.)? If yes, this is for you. If not, then I'm not sure if you should bother with this, since this will essentially be to KHIII what KHII Final Mix was to KHII.

I don't think I did. I played KH2 on the PS2 and then again on the PS3 and I don't recall doing much extra beyond replaying the story.

So yeah, this is probably something I'll skip unless it goes on sale very cheap or something.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I did. I played KH2 on the PS2 and then again on the PS3 and I don't recall doing much extra beyond replaying the story.

So yeah, this is probably something I'll skip unless it goes on sale very cheap or something.

If you played the PS3 port of KH2 you saw some of the Final Mix updates without realizing it. Mushroom XIII, the Roxas boss battle in The World that Never Was, etc - all that stuff wasn't in the original PS2 release. And then there were all of the optional boss battles like the Absent Silhouettes and Data Mirages.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Namine getting more screen time was all I wanted out of KH3, so this is all I needed. Thanks Nomura

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
That was cool but the part I really wanted to see was a look at the Secret Episode but I guess we'll see that near launch. I didn't find the Keyblade Graveyard section in the game all that great to add more to it but eh more bosses so whatever.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
I knew Axel would turn out playable. Now I just need that Mickey confirmation and we good. Also, wth is this story, i'm so intrigued.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
How was the Critical Mode update? I see that there's a way to eliminate Attractions in exchange for more form changes which sounds great. Was it the update KH2FM fans wanted?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I don't know how all of this is going to work narratively. Some parts of the DLC seem to take place after the ending and before the secret ending, yet the KG fights seem to unravel as if Sora never came back for the final fight after the reset.
I'm starting to think that this entire scenario is supposed to portray

Sora fucking with reality/time/whatever again to save Kairi, leading up to him disappearing in the game's very final scene. If he were going back to specifically focus on getting Kairi, that'd leave pretty much everyone else to fend for themselves against the Org, which would explain why we'd be playing as the other heroes here and why things seem to be playing out slightly differently from the main game. It'd also explain why it necessary to have beaten the game first; you wouldn't understand the context otherwise

But that's just my theory, anyway

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
That was cool but the part I really wanted to see was a look at the Secret Episode but I guess we'll see that near launch. I didn't find the Keyblade Graveyard section in the game all that great to add more to it but eh more bosses so whatever.

I mean that fact that it wasn't great seems like a good reason to add to it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Sora fucking with reality/time/whatever again to save Kairi, leading up to him disappearing in the game's very final scene. If he were going back to specifically focus on getting Kairi, that'd leave pretty much everyone else to fend for themselves against the Org, which would explain why we'd be playing as the other heroes here and why things seem to be playing out slightly differently from the main game. It'd also explain why it necessary to have beaten the game first; you wouldn't understand the context otherwise

This sounds about right. Also, Japanese Chirithy's voice actor is just as painful to listen to as English Chirithy's. Woof.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017

I had the exact same theory, but Sora as a party member in the E3 trailer is throwing this off for me. Though that could have been changed, that's for sure.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow Namine gets to do something? I mean it'll probably just be delivering a few inspiring/informative words to Sora before hopping back into irrelevance, but at least it's something!

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
No, it really looks like you control him. Just the way he combos into Isa makes it seem like gameplay (it is also very similar to the section later in the trailer with Sora attacking Braig)
Could be a team attack. Aqua and Ventus get that ice Keyblade one. But hopefully they do make Mickey, Ventus, Kairi, and Lea playable.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow Namine gets to do something? I mean it'll probably just be delivering a few inspiring/informative words to Sora before hopping back into irrelevance, but at least it's something!

To be fair, "delivering a few inspiring/informative words" is pretty much all Namine does even in games where she's more prominent. She's a walking exposition-bot powered by tragedy.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Looks solid. Can't wait to play this.

What are the chances that they will make dual audio as a DLC? I'd love to replay KH3 with japanese voices, but with english subtitles.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Looks solid. Can't wait to play this.

What are the chances that they will make dual audio as a DLC? I'd love to replay KH3 with japanese voices, but with english subtitles.
Japan are getting English voices but unconfirmed / highly unlikely we will get Japanese voices.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I told myself I wouldn't but I might...

I haven't played critical mode so it will be fun playing this DLC + critical at the same time.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds exactly like something that Nomura would do. lol

Thanks for the answer.

To be fair, the human mind is not prepared to take Japanese Donald Duck for more than five minutes at a time so I'm not surprised they're patching English voices into the Japanese version.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Bears mentioning that the old PS2/PSP Final Mix releases for KH1/KH2/BBS added in the English VA for Japanese audiences as well. They're probably just sticking to tradition at this point.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Going off of that trailer.

We see:

2 ORG Data battles
New combo attacks for Aqua and Ventus
Possible Combo Attack for Roxas/Xion/Lea(Or the fight finish)
Dark Form

Maybes:
Sora/Riku/Aqua vs the Tornado
TERRABOWL

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, the battle theme in this trailer is one of the hypest pieces of music in a game full of hype music moments. I still love that song, even if the actual final boss themes are way, way, way worse.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So there are specific Dark/Light forms for oblivion and oathkeeper respectively. I really hope there's a secret 3rd dual-wielding form, it's the one thing I miss from KH2.

What a tease of a trailer. Data battles, MoM, and all those expanded sequences.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The fact that the two data battles we saw snippets of seem to show entirely new moves for said bosses is pretty encouraging, imo. I was mostly expecting them to just plop in the keyblade graveyard bosses individually but with more HP and more aggressive AI. Doesn't look like you'll have Donald and Goofy to fall back on, either. That should be interesting.

Can't wait to see what kind of crazy shit they'll give the main three Norts.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh my god, 'Alcohol Reference' made me laugh so hard.

I'll probably play this next year once I get my 4k TV. Actually dropped the game because I disliked some parts of it , and would rather wait for the 'final mix'

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
That was great!

Data battles were the main thing that I was hoping would come as DLC so I'm real happy that's happening.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
oh my god, 'Alcohol Reference' made me laugh so hard.

I'll probably play this next year once I get my 4k TV. Actually dropped the game because I disliked some parts of it , and would rather wait for the 'final mix'
How so? You do cook with alcohol, and a Keyblade is made up by two bottles of wine.

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
Not much new in the trailer, but still very excited.

That said, I still think that KH3 is for me visually one of most appealing and stylished games this gen. I also love that Kingdom Hearts games have so much spectacles (e.g. Ven's and Aqua's combi attack in the trailer)

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How so? You do cook with alcohol, and a Keyblade is made up by two bottles of wine.
Nah, I just found it hilarious that it was there. I had prior experience working with Disney, and they were completely anal on being family friendly, that's all.

A bit annoyed that there doesnt seem to be Sephiroth in the DLC, or have we have heard news if he's going to be added?

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Holy shit are we going to fight Terranort as Lingering Will?????

HYPE.

Btw what dark form are you guys talking about?