• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
unknown.png

Previously, it almost seems as though Disney has left the onus of promoting Kingdom Hearts solely on Square Enix, but this should provide a boost in awareness of both the game and the IP as a whole, considering Disney.com's site ranking by viewership.

Does this mark a shift in how Disney views the importance of the Kingdom Hearts IP?
I would say Disney as a whole is a different beast from 2002 and hell even 6 years ago with DDD. They fully understand cross promotion now and do in fact recognize how big this series is for folks who would not traditionally come to the parks. I fully expect the attraction flow was a Disney floated idea.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Fun fact: there is a Sora character, as well as KH Goofy and Donald, for disney parks. They are just almost never used.
Last time was for a wedding on the disney cruiseline I think.
Also one hotel for tokyo disneyland has been decorated for KH3 and the key for the chambers is a keyblade.

Edit: for anyone who wants to learn more about it:

Thats a great channel for disney parks trivia btw.

I like this channel in general, but hadn't seen this particular video before. I love the build up to the reveal that the wedding in question is Johnny V's.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Fun fact: there is a Sora character, as well as KH Goofy and Donald, for disney parks. They are just almost never used.
Last time was for a wedding on the disney cruiseline I think.
Also one hotel for tokyo disneyland has been decorated for KH3 and the key for the chambers is a keyblade.

Edit: for anyone who wants to learn more about it:

Thats a great channel for disney parks trivia btw.

Agreed, I'm subscribed to about 4-5 theme park channels. My favorite is Defunctland, Kevin does an incredible job and his videos are always well-researched and edited.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I think it's crazy that Sora, Riku, Kairi and all those spiky haired zipper freaks from Organization XIII could technically be characters in the parks.

Not exactly. I think the characters are co-owned by Square and Disney, so there's issues.

Honestly, I'd prefer if they just went the face character route with them. As shown in the above video the mascot Sora is really creepy looking, and I've seen some amazing KH cosplays over the years.

Honestly the first thing I'd love to see is an attraction of some kind, whether it be a stunt show or maybe a motion simulator or other type of thrill ride. Something similar to Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey, perhaps.