• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Nomura-sensei-tensai has proved to all you naysayers that slow and steady wins the race.

Square Enix should've given him another ten years on XIII Versus, he'd have definitely delivered the goods in time.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lol, there goes KH on Xbox - unless the number is an insane as we're thinking and that 18% is ridiculous as well
Not sure if you're pushing an agenda or something but the split in the end will be closer apparently since it was stated a while ago that digital purchases are higher on Xbox compared to PS4. So even if the overall sales ration is 75% to 25%, those are still big numbers for the Xbox and definitely something that would secure future ports.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Not sure if you're pushing an agenda or something but the split in the end will be closer apparently since it was stated a while ago that digital purchases are higher on Xbox compared to PS4. So even if the overall sales ration is 75% to 25%, those are still big numbers for the Xbox and definitely something that would secure future ports.

Dont even bother with him.

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017

if they were going to port it they would have done so years ago

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this game can manage 10 million lifetime. XV seems to be en-route and will probably get there eventually. I feel like FF7 Remake is almost assured to get there because it has the hype factor, and there are going to be a bunch of new players interested after XV. (Caveat here as always that a critical disaster would obviously stop such a thing.) So if KH3 can manage 10 million, you'd be looking at all 3 major AAA titles released by Square Enix's Japanese arm hitting that milestone. That'd be real impressive.

I guess we'll have to wait for more numbers.

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose that is possible but given the type of game we're talking about here I don't know if I would automatically assume that.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I wonder if this game can manage 10 million lifetime. XV seems to be en-route and will probably get there eventually. I feel like FF7 Remake is almost assured to get there because it has the hype factor, and there are going to be a bunch of new players interested after XV. (Caveat here as always that a critical disaster would obviously stop such a thing.)

So if KH3 can manage 10 million, you'd be looking at all 3 major AAA titles released by Square Enix's Japanese arm hitting that milestone. That'd be real impressive.

10 million? If there's a PC and NSW port + a remix edition sure. After 3-4 years i'd say.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm surprised SE still haven't said anything about it's performance, didn't we get FFXV numbers faster?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I fucking told you guys this game was gonna be huge

If they ever work out PC & Switch ports (I don't want to hear shit about what is and isn't possible, idc) it's hitting 10mil

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if they were going to port it they would have done so years ago
Are we talking about the KH collection? I believed it was at E3 where it was brought up whether or not it would come to Xbox and Square said Microsoft hadn't asked for it yet. Up until that point I assumed it was Sony exclusive for some weird reason. Now, I think it's only a matter of time until it shows up.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
I want everyone to play Kingdom Hearts III, as many as possible. But a lot of people were hoping that if it would sell well enough, the rest would come to Xbox. But with that split, doesn't look like it

Deleted member 50969

Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Nice to hear, a bit saddened by the ratio spilt but who cares? Experiencing a piece of the KH franchise was pretty awesome.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 day): console wars
So a 90/10 Split Worldwide more than likely when you think about this is the second strongest Xbox Market and even there they get this outcome.

Sony really doesn't need to moneyhat exclusivity anymore because its shown countless times these games will always be technically exclusive anyway

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
82/18? Gotta be closer to 50/50 when you include the xbox digital attachment + windows 10/minecraft maus right?

Well play Square, who knew KH3 was gonna be a mega hit.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
82% on PS4 ! That's seems a lot ! I thought the Xbox Installed base was pretty good in UK. Are Xbox owners uninterested in the game ?

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
KH3 will get announced for PC but will be on the Epic store and epic will have their big japanese moneyhat especially since it uses UE4 is my prediction

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
imagine not trusting nomura

MediaHandler.ashx

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The only thing I've seen is Ubisoft's numbers which say they get more money out of each purchase from Xbox users. That doesn't mean the actual users are higher, it just means they monetize each user better. If you have other information I'd appreciate it, but I don't really understand the logic you've stated here.

Also even if we did accept this to be true in general, it doesn't mean it applies to this specific game anyway.

That's means less than 10% worldwide. It's bad.

It means 18% of physical sales in the UK. It doesn't mean anything else.

Hot damn... barely worth SE's time to port to Xbox at this point.

I'm not sure how you've concluded this but I certainly disagree. This game uses UE4 after all.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
That's means less than 10% worldwide. It's bad.
Xbox has around 45% of the install base of PS4 globally. If it does end up with that kind of split far below the 31% then it suggests KH3 has done little to expand its audience beyond its existing fanbase.
no digital included, so xbox likely closer to 30%. should be a good incentive to port the collection.
Stop this nonsense. It is the US where Zhuge said XBO has a higher digital share on average, we don't know if the same is true for other regions, nor do we know how big the difference is, nor do we know if it applies to this specific game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41104

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Mar 15, 2018
Great that the game performs this good in UK/US (and elsewhere too most probably).

Sadly, this thread has gone off the rails with all that digital %, « technically exclusive » and « barely worth a port » nonsense. A shame.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Hot damn... barely worth SE's time to port to Xbox at this point.

People should stop with this, UE4 games are way easier, faster and cheaper to port. Once you have the PS4 version you dont need to rewrite the whole game from scratch to make the Xbox One version, mostly thanks to same CPU architecture and the flexibility of the engine.

Making UE4 versions is really cheap compared to the previous generation, when both ps3 and x360 had different architecture.