You don't hear me say please
Oh baby, don't vote
Simple and clean is the way that you're making me lynch tonight
It's hard to let it go

You're giving me too many claims lately,
one's all I need
You smiled at me and said,

Don't get me wrong I trust you
But does that mean I have to meet Godfather?
When we are older you'll understand
What I meant when I said no,
I don't think this game will be that simple

When you walk away
You don't hear me say please
Oh baby, don't vote
Simple and clean is the way that you're making me lynch tonight
It's hard to let it go

The daily flips (like this and that and what is what)
That keep us all busy
All confusing me
That's when you came to me and said,

Wish I could prove I trust you
But does that mean I have to waste my BP?
When we are older you'll understand
It's enough when I say so,
And maybe some games are that simple

Hold me
Whatever lies beyond this night phase
Is a little later on
Regardless of warnings these shitposts don't scare me at all
Nothing's like before

Player List:

1. [m] TheMrPliskin - Replaced by [m] Natiko
2. [m] Finalbeta - Died D2
3. [f] empressdonna - Died N2
4. [m] Z-Beat - Died D3
5. [f] SweetNicole - Died N3
6. [m] CoolestSpot - Died D5
7. [m] EzekelRAGE - Died N5
8. [m] gryvan
9. [m] Fandorin - Died N4
10. [m] Red_V2 - Died D1
11. [m] Stuart444
12. [m] Brazil - Died D5
13. [m] Muffin - Died D6

Day 1 Starts
Day 1 Ends
Day 2 Starts
Day 2 Ends
Day 3 Starts
Day 3 Ends
Day 4 Starts
Day 4 Ends
Day 5 Begins
Day 5 Ends
Day 6 Begins
Day 6 Ends

Sample Role PM:

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts 2.9 HD ReMIX Mafia!

You are Pence!

Pence_A_6%E2%98%85_KHUX.png

Here is usually a small description about your character! You like Ice Cream!

You are an example Role PM, so you don't have any powers. Usually here would be a description of your power, but your point here is to only be an example role PM! You are aligned with town.

The Game Thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ki...emix-mafia-ot-358-2-scum.70750/#post-13055816

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Fight for light against the darkness, Pence!

Mentor Program:
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you. If you are interested in having a Mentor for this game, please contact your Gamerunner. For more info, please check the main MafiERA OT.

The Game has Ended

Vote Tool:
https://vote.fireblend.com/kingdom-hearts-hd-2-9-remix-mafia-ot-358-2-scum.70750/

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
What Is Mafia?
Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment. Cut into two 'Phases', Day and Night, the game entails Town trying to eliminate the Mafia via discussion and voting while the Mafia are trying to not get caught in order to match or outnumber the Town in order to win.

Interested in joining or learning more? Check out our MafiERA OT!

Fundamentals:
1. All site-wide rules apply here.
2. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not discuss this game outside of this thread.
3. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.
4. Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.
5. Please respect all of your fellow players. We ask that you respect a player's personal pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text formatting. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity.
6. Mafia can be an intense and stressful game at times with situations becoming heated. Despite this, being overly hostile towards your fellow players is not allowed. If a player is caught name calling, using slurs, and/or other aggressive behaviors determined by the Gamerunner they will be warned. If these behaviors continue despite the warning that player will be modkilled. No exceptions.

Activity:
7. Players are required to post a minimum of 10 posts per day phase. Failure to adhere to this will first result in a warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.
8. If a player posts fewer than 5 posts in a day phase without alerting the Gamerunner to their absence, they will be removed from the game without a warning.
9. If you are unable to continue playing for whatever reason, please contact your Gamerunner.
10. If a replacement is added to the game, they may request the current/upcoming night phase to be extended up-to 48 hours to allow time to catch up.

Voting and Lynching:
11. In order to vote for another player to be lynched, you must present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: playername[ /HIGHLIGHT ]. Misspelt votes are only accepted within reason. Any other format will not be accepted.
12. To remove a vote from a player, you may simply vote for another player, or you may present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]UNVOTE[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
13. Players may vote for a "No Lynch" to end the day phase without a lynch. This is done by using the formatting above and typing: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: No Lynch[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
14. When a player has received a strict majority of available votes (>50%), the day phase ends with the lynch of that player. Once a day phase has ended any in-game discussion stops and votes cast after that will not be counted.

Death and the Spectator Thread:
15. Once you are dead, you may no longer discuss the game in any manner with any of the remaining players.
16. Once dead, players may have a choice between the spectator thread and the replacement list. PM your Gamerunner for more information.

Other
17. Outside of explicit allowances the use of the highlight tag is strictly for Gamerunners. Do not use it.
18. Do not edit your posts or hide content in the formatting. Repeat offenders will be removed from the game.
19. If a player is Banned or they are replaced due to inactivity they will have the lowest possible priority when signing up for a spot in their next game.
20. Gamerunners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes beforehand.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Game Specific Rules:
Flavor
In this game, character names are not indicative of their role and/or alignment. Please remember that flavor is just flavor.

Role Madness
Because this game is role madness, any non-town players have been given safe roles to claim to eliminate the possibility of mass claims solving the game.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever happens, i just want you all to know.

Everything that happens from here on out is Grizzlys fault

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
All Role PMs have been sent!

Please confirm that you received your role PM either by posting to this thread, or by PMing me.

Last edited:

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my PM, I know I'm the most well-loved member of the community so can't wait to come back and contribute the usual CoolestSpot treatment

DARKNESS ISN'T READY, BABY!

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
"Nomura-san, how do we make people interested in yet another Kingdom Hearts spin-off game?"
"Well, uhh… Dubstep is in fashion these days right? Just make the OP song of the game that!"
"But we already have Skrillex write the opening song of Kingdom Hearts 3…"
"Damn… well… I have an idea!

Subsequently, the sales of Kingdom Hearts 2.9 fell by 75%...

Insert Opening Cut-scene

Thirteen people were sleeping in a strangely familiar room, each of them sitting on their own designated chair. All of the chairs were of different height, because the game's writer thought it would be a cool idea. Don't question the logic!

The sleep of the thirteen wouldn't last for long though, when Stuart444 woke up by falling down to the floor from his own chair. "Ouchie ouch!", shouted Stuart loudly, which woke up the rest of the twelve sleeping people.

"Are you okay?", asked concerned Brazil, who jumped down to the floor next to Stuart. Stuart just nodded his head.

"Wait a minute, how did you survive that fall!" shouted SweetNicole from her own chair at Stuart. "Your chair was raised at least twenty feet above ground!" Indeed, Stuart had been sleeping on the highest chair.

"It's anime logic, dear Nicole", responded TheMrPilskin from the other side of the room. "Do not question it."

"That makes perfect sense", Nicole said, and so her along with all of the rest of the people jumped down from their absurdly high chairs to the ground. Only once all thirteen of them had gathered, did they realise that they were all wearing the same black cloaks.

"What the heck? Only Organization XIII wears these!", gryvan screamed. He tried to instantly take down his hood, but to no avail. "It's like the hood is glued to my head! I cannot take it down!"

"I can't either!", complained Muffin. "Is this some sort of Graviga spell casted onto us?"

It was the same of all of them, which meant that they couldn't see each others faces at all. empressdonna was not pleased at all. "How can I become friends with you instantly for no reason at all now!"

"Look! There is a letter on the ground!" Indeed, Fandorin's observation was correct, there was a single letter placed in middle of the floor. Finalbeta grabbed the letter, and read it out loud.

Dear members of the newly formed Townzation XIII.

It came to my attention that I have to co-write a new Kingdom Hearts spin-off game with a random bear from the woods. Sadly, said bear had such awful ideas for a script, that I had to kick him out of the writing room after six months of clever planning. But that means I have to come up with a script right on this spot that doesn't contradict Kingdom Hearts III!

But I finally had an idea for a game! You thirteen chosen Kingdom Hearts characters must play a game of mafia! An unspecified number of you are in allegiance with me, Tetsuya Nomura! If Team Nomura wins, I will delay Kingdom Hearts III to 2020! The rest of you are Team Common Sense! If you guys end up finding all secret members of Team Nomura, I will release Kindom Hearts III in time in January 2019!

Have Fun, Townzation XIII!

Tetsuya Nomura

Everyone just stared at each other for a good while after Finalbeta had stopped reading. In the end, Z-Beat was first to speak: "Still makes more sense than the plot of Dream Drop Distance."

"I don't want KH3 to be delayed to 2020!", Red_V2 cried out, "I want my story to be finally concluded!"

"Well, that just means we have to find the people who have sweared their allegiance to Nomura fast!", CoolestSpot said with determination. "I trust that the light of friendship in our hearts will guide us!"

It was starting to look very likely that the thirteen of them were going to be stuck in this room for a very good while. But there was still one major problem. "What are we going to eat?"

To answer that question, EzekelRAGE pointed at the westward circular wall of the room. There was a gigantic fridge placed in there. "I wonder what's inside", he said and then opened the door. "Oh no… oh no no no…."

aTQ9O4L.gif

Day 1 Begins

Majority is 7

Day ends in
e2xjb1qbhq

"THAT is the plot you made up this time? This is the worst idea ever!"
"Well, it's still better than what that bear had in mind..."

Last edited:

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
If X is the number of scum in this game, then the probability that any person is scum is X/13

You can thank me later

Yes, this is the best math related thing I could come up with, it's late!

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
That was some good flavor text! Are we going to blind vote today? I would rather not because I have never seen it work and even though there is a greater chance at getting scum there is also a greater chance of killing a good town role.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Flavour is intense. The steaks have never been higher.

It's ok though, I'm town this time so we got this.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
That was some good flavor text! Are we going to blind vote today? I would rather not because I have never seen it work and even though there is a greater chance at getting scum there is also a greater chance of killing a good town role.

Sounds like scum might be worried about getting voted here?

Hmm

Vote: Red_V2

Let's see where this goes!

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think all Day 1 lynches are based on blind votes? Or are you just supposing this will happen this game?

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like scum might be worried about getting voted here?

Hmm

Vote: Red_V2

Let's see where this goes!
So you are saying we should vote someone without barely any posts made by them?
Do you think all Day 1 lynches are based on blind votes? Or are you just supposing this will happen this game?
The past 2 games I have been in have been blind votes, though those are some old games. I don't think there will be enough votes in day 1 to accurately make a lynch unless someone really messes up.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The past 2 games I have been in have been blind votes, though those are some old games. I don't think there will be enough votes in day 1 to accurately make a lynch unless someone really messes up.
I generally agree with you on this, however it's hard for our community to accept a no lynch, even at Day 1.

I add that, though it might not seem like it, the results of the day can be hard leads later on when we have more flips. Discussion in this phase might even be the most valuable considering all players are alive and can interact with one another. Lynching is town's main weapon so we gotta use it.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I could get behind a no lynch.
Every game somebody says this, and every time we come to the conclusion that it's dumb
Assuming we find no one particularly scummy enough to lynch, saves us from a possible mislynch. Next day phase we can go on the information we may receive during the night in regards to flips/invest.

giphy.gif
"Saving us from a mislynch" also means not trying to get scum at all. I don't think that's worth it. It just gives scum more room to act

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Scum gets more room to act and we miss an opportunity to possibly get scum. We must take the opportunity to lynch someone. There is plenty of time in the day to decide who...

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Every game somebody says this, and every time we come to the conclusion that it's dumb

"Saving us from a mislynch" also means not trying to get scum at all. I don't think that's worth it. It just gives scum more room to act
"Assuming we find no one particularly scummy enough to lynch," = if we don't find someone we feel deserves to be lynched. That's not saying we are guranteed to no lynch.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Scum gets more room to act and we miss an opportunity to possibly get scum. We must take the opportunity to lynch someone. There is plenty of time in the day to decide who...
How would they have more room to act?