• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
It looks better than I expected, there is some pop-up on smaller objects [like vegetables on trader's stands etc.] if you pay attention and it runs relatively well, however there are some areas where the game is hell bent on running ~25, nothing major, some small corridor or something like that.

Overall so far so good, I'll put more hours today.

Ah, Screw it. I am buying this.

It's just 60 and it's not like there is anything on the horizon between now and God of War that I am dying to purchase .

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if I can play this on a Phenom X6 1090T 3.6ghz and a 1060GTX 3gb? I want to play at around medium settings on 1080p. Preferably getting around 45-50-60 fps

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have it for PS4 Pro? How's the performance?

I'm pretty sure I'll buy it today. I can handle a couple bugs.

AerialFox

Oct 27, 2017
Whew. My game got stuck in a never ending loop of unpacking and freezing my steam. Couldnt verify, uninstall or do anything. Had to uninstall via windows. Pretty sure the files werent even there to begin with *sigh*. Reinstalling now

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Ah, Screw it. I am buying this.

It's just 60 and it's not like there is anything on the horizon between now and God of War that I am dying to purchase .

If you can embrace the jank and are the fan of the medieval setting I think you won't be disappointed.

Also something worth noting, I really like the cutscenes, I'm fairly early in the game, but there was this one cutscene in the middle of a night with downpour where 2 lords are having a 'conversation', one was on the ground level and the other on battlement, it was so simple yet soooo fuckin' well done and it looked amazing. That entire segment altogether just oozed atmosphere.

Last edited:

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It looks and runs better on the base Xbox One than I expected so I'm pretty happy.
I've only played for an hour or so though(and it seems like I've got about an hours worth of codex entries to read!)

bod

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah just bought it. Game looks far to interesting to pass up. I can live with bugs and glitches as long as the game keeps me engaged and this seems right up my alley.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
If you can embrace the jank and are the fan of the medieval setting I think you won't be disappointed.

It is not like Oblivion, Skyrim, The Witcher 2, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas never had any form of jank.

The one thing that caught my eye with this game was the realistic setting. No monsters, no fantasy dragons or foul corpse eaters but only just men and women.

Men who, in the age of 1400, had to wear armor that could rust when it was raining. Armor that simply made you 20-30 kilograms heavier and where you were unable to swim.

The world might look 'barren' for some but that was actually how the world was back in those days. The medieval era was one of the heaviest times for mankind.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Game runs surprisingly well on my 980ti/'6700k at 1080p ultra settings getting about 70fps during gameplay but dialogue cutscenes plummet down to around 45-50fps for some reason

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
So technical issues aside looks like everything else is better than expected, right? I read great story, characters and progression. And realistic combat, which as a HEMA practitioner myself I'm really excited about.

I thought the game would sucjk but now I'm back in, I'll get it as soon as they solve the problems and there's a sale on it

OP
OP
Ilmyr

Ilmyr

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wiki: https://kingdomcomedeliverance.wiki.fextralife.com/

Apparently unofficial but one of the community managers linked to it. In case you want to add it to the OP Ilmyr

Thanks. I will add it.

Does anybody have SLI working.

One of my 1080s is at 99%, the other at 6%.

I'm getting 35 FPS on Ultra at 3440x1440 Gsync. This sucks. With SLI enabled I'd be near 60 FPS. On the latest driver. I tried forcing AFR2 but no dice.

Hey, there is is a PC performance thread already. Maybe you have a higher chance finding help there?
-> Kingdom Come: Deliverance PC performance thread

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I've been following this game, but not really all that closely.

How open is it in terms of story and RPG elements? For example, could I basically make a living in the game being a paid mercenary and hunting down people for bounties while trying to live off scraps and such?

Basically what I'm asking is if I can live out my days in this game RP'ing as a thinner version of The Hound.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Wow just got my first hard crash in about two years whilst 'loading' a trader. Stop making it hard to like you game!

Not had a single problem since.

So for people on PC: Does this game control better with KB/mouse or controller?

Normally i'd say it was sacrilege to play an FPS with a controller, but because of the melee combat system and the fact it's mostly just walking around (and because performance at 1440p aka my native monitor res is probably unsustainable at 60fps) I'm considering going with the DS4 pad instead. Thoughts?

Playing on keyboard and mouse and it's fine.

I know some people can't get over the jank, but it's no worse than Fallouts and markedly better than all but 4 on release.
What I can't get over is how well the models are posed, very natural for the most part and the whole animated adventure vibe is really working out for me.
Just finished the first village section and it feels like I'm in a Radio 4 play lol I love it. The voice acting is great and the way the lines run into each other without the awkward pausing of some (even AAA) games. Adds a real sense of normality to a conversation.
1080p maxed is all good so far
6700k 980ti 16GB

Oct 27, 2017
That's it, the deed is done... Jumping in head first!
Managed to get the edition with DLC included:
kcdupsna.jpg

Urthor

Oct 28, 2017
Alright after playing this game for 40 minutes, if anyone thinks the creators political views did not influence this title they have not played this game. The only question is whether portraying rampant sexism is realism for the times or not.

ResetEra is going to have a fun and civil thread with this game.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of the first things I check for in a game is whether or not the characters have IK legs/feet, where angled or uneven surfaces cause the player's feet to be at different levels, with the leg bent and all that, rather than floating mid-air. I can confirm that despite this game being first-person only, it has IK feet. That's impressive to me, considering no Bethesda games have done this as far as I know.

Defaulted to medium graphics settings for me. I changed to very high, and the game's running at like 60 fps. I thought it was incorrectly capping it, as my monitor's 144hz, but it's fluctuating between 60 and 70fps.

It changes from fullscreen to borderless whenever I alt-tab out though. I guess I'll just keep it at borderless. I don't play many Cryengine games. Anybody familiar with any of the settings that might be making the game run significantly worse? Kind of just want to turn the game down to medium or something.

Edit: I changed it from very high to medium, and the menu got all glitchy with artifacts and whatnot. Changed it back to very high, and it's fine. Hmmm

philm87

Jan 9, 2018
Alright after playing this game for 40 minutes, if anyone thinks the creators political views did not influence this title they have not played this game. The only question is whether portraying rampant sexism is realism for the times or not.

From what I've read I believe it is.

Urthor

Oct 28, 2017
From what I've read I believe it is.

I mean yes as portrayed the game's treatment of women isn't so much 1950s treatment of women as, well, middle ages values.

You wouldn't argue it's historically inaccurate and arguably thought provoking to portray women as totally disempowered because realism, but there's still going to be an awful, awful lot of internet anger and hellfire poured at this game.

An awful, awful lot of internet anger and hellfire.

Oct 27, 2017

Rock Paper Shotgun: "the grubby realism is a pleasant shock next to the tales of elves and dragons that are its nearest competition."

Urthor

Oct 28, 2017
3 soldiers raping a chick and if you even attempt to intervene a dozen fully armored goons you have zero ability to deal with spawn
goes beyond grubby realism and well into shock value I'd say.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
3 soldiers raping a chick and if you even attempt to intervene a dozen fully armored goons you have zero ability to deal with spawn

How so? Isn't raping the women of a invaded country/region a pretty common course of action in this era?

Urthor

Oct 28, 2017
Well yes but it is both extremely graphic and very not #metoo, hence there's going to be a lot of angry kids on the internet. I'm not judging I'm just saying that's how I think it is.

I think it's pretty clear the aim is a straight up portrayal of said medieval values to woman to try and enrage anyone who would complain under the defence that it was literally like that at the time, which it was. And he's done it fairly well judging by the story so far, so he's cooked up both a commercially successful product, a cocktail of game of thrones sex and his own personal contribution to the internet alt right.

In many ways this game could be called the polar opposite of Mass Effect Andromeda.

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England

but muh realism /s

Seriously there's portraying sexism at the time and then there's lingering and exposing it for too long with seemingly little its trying to say but "look at this omg". Doesn't sound very tactful to me but hey ho.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So just finished for a bit, played 2'ish hours or so. So far my impressions are that the game is what I expected and wanted out of it. I've not experienced a ton yet but got the general gist of the setup and a few light quests/combat, dialogue, etc.

I spent time replaying some things, just to get my bearings and see how things worked. In regards to the first little quest to fetch items from that guy I found a few things to do for this quest:

You could talk to him, and simply beat him up to get the items, but he is quite tough 1 vs 1. You could talk with your friends and if you went with them to that other guys house to throw shit at it you could then get them to go with you and beat him up for you instead. Lastly if you talked to a certain friend (Felix) you could get lockpicks from him, then you sneak into the guys house and steal the hammer/nails. Then if you watch him outside and wait, he puts the axe down and goes away to carry the barrel of wood and you can nick it without being caught then. So three ways for that one quest to do it from what I found so far.

Also in regards to that one scene that's been talked about with the "woman."
You can save her, just push 1 to draw your sword and hit one of the guys attacking her. They'll then turn to fight you and she'll run inside and away from them, then you get on a horse and ride away.

Also graphics wise it looks great to me, especially when it comes to the global illumination, being inside and seeing light come through an open window and actually seeing all the little dust bunnies floating around, not sure if consoles have that detail or not.

Oct 27, 2017
That scene will certainly be controversial but unfortunately back then (and sadly even now), that heinous act was (and still is) used as a weapon of war.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you referring to the escape sequence early in the game? I was under the impression your only option was to attack one of the enemies and then run away, whereupon she escapes. Remember that games of this vein -- including the venerable Deus Ex -- tended to feature seemingly suicidal situations where there was a relatively obtuse way to avoid the obvious "unavoidable character death" outcome.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Well yes but it is both extremely graphic and very not #metoo, hence there's going to be a lot of angry kids on the internet. I'm not judging I'm just saying that's how I think it is.

I think it's pretty clear the aim is a straight up portrayal of said medieval values to woman to try and enrage anyone who would complain under the defence that it was literally like that at the time, which it was. And he's done it fairly well judging by the story so far, so he's cooked up both a commercially successful product, a cocktail of game of thrones sex and his own personal contribution to the internet alt right.

In many ways this game could be called the polar opposite of Mass Effect Andromeda.

Graphic? the times I ran by them (trying to save her many times, but no success, even though I got a trophy on PS4) it just looked like they stood around her.. does something else happen?

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Are you referring to the escape sequence early in the game? I was under the impression your only option was to attack one of the enemies and then run away, whereupon she escapes. Remember that games of this vein -- including the venerable Deus Ex -- tended to feature seemingly suicidal situations where there was a relatively obtuse way to avoid the obvious "unavoidable character death" outcome.

Lol I think I just straight up shot her to stop that from happening.
As I remember, there was a lot of save scumming that day.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Broke down and bought it on Xbox. Hoping I don't regret the decision due to bugs but it definitely looks enjoyable from all the clips I've watched.

Oct 26, 2017
Pre-loaded yesterday and saw the Day 1 patch downloaded this morning.

Now it's a staring contest between me and the clock at work until I zoom out of here and load it up...possibly with a tankard of ale at my side whilst I do!