Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory false equivalence and threadwhining over multiple posts
You clicked on a thread with Joe Biden in the title. What did you expect?
True.. Especially on this forum. πŸ˜‚
You literally have the Kojima Productions logo in your avatar πŸ˜‚
If you think Death Stranding didn't have politics in it then I don't even know what to say.

And it's on top of the CD Project Red logo. Fucking hell this has to have been a joke post πŸ˜‚
Weird... I thought games were fiction. ;)
I smell a ban incoming for me. πŸ˜‚
Since I stumbled like a simpleton into this thread, let me just last say, every single one of these clowns trying to run the US are a joke.. The whole lot of them.
For folks to get so angry and forcefully hateful joining one side or the other, please know I mean no dissrespect, just don't believe anything that any of them preach. Trump, Biden, whoever... all of them. Let me play my games with their fictional stories. They're an escape from reality. Period.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad this thread has been allowed to remain open, despite not really having anything to do with gaming, but 100% makes the point that gaming doesn't exist in an apolitical bubble. There's people working in the industry who have opinions and they are completely entitled to share them.

If that puts people off then, then so be it. Better than sitting silent in the face of fascists.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thread ignore exists for a reason if it bothers you that much, but people aren't going to stop talking about it. It's pretty consequential to their lives.
Yes, you are correct. And thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'm not on here very often at all, so I will use this more feature from here on out. Sorry to stir up a hornets' nest.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017

Since I stumbled like a simpleton into this thread, let me just last say, every single one of these clowns trying to run the US are a joke.. The whole lot of them.
For folks to get so angry and forcefully hateful joining one side or the other, please know I mean no dissrespect, just don't believe anything that any of them preach. Trump, Biden, whoever... all of them. Let me play my games with their fictional stories. They're an escape from reality. Period.

if you aren't gaslighting, then you have a lot to learn about the media you consume. everything is political.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

38de9ea933036b54871fe1fe61cc87c0.gif

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017

You're not owed blinders to the world.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
Keep politics out of gaming basically means "don't talk about real people and just have games be allegories i'm too stupid to get."

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017

Fuck off with this. For a lot of us this election has very real world consequences and very real repercussions, we don't have the privilege to just "escape from reality."

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Keep politics out of gaming and gaming discussions please. Truly kills any joy of gaming.
Kindly kick rocks with this tired, ignorant bullshit. Politics don't stop because you want to cover your eyes and pretend not to see and hear what's going on. If this was your take given the topic, grow the fuck up.

There's nothing worst than a nimrod who thinks they've figured it out because they simply everyone is bad all around as if it's that easy. There's so much depth and nuance to life and jokers like you come in preaching this dumb shit as if you're on to something. Then you're using the "fiction" statement as some sort of gotcha as if historically there's not a wealth of fiction rooted or based on real world politics. Smarten up, wiseguy.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
You think there's no politics in fiction? What even
If you played Death Stranding for even a few minutes and thought "Ah, good thing there's no politics in this" then that's wild to me. Like how can you just completely miss all of themes and story of a game like that lol

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep politics out of gaming and gaming discussions please. Truly kills any joy of gaming.
One of the absolute worst posts on this forum.

Nevermind, this one is even worse.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ah yes, the work of fiction which just happened to have a major theme of reuniting a divided America after a cataclysmic event. I'm sure that's just all a coincidence. Not a political commentary at all.

in case you didn't figure it out because it all went over your head as nothing more than a work of fiction, Trump is the death stranding

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This got me to finally take the dive and sub to their Patreon.

I've been watching their stuff on Youtube more than EZA recently (mostly because of Kyle's departure) so I dropped EZA in favor of KF.

But still, not enough kudos in the world to give them for this. Excellent use of their platform to make a stand against white supremacy.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

You realize Fiction comes from a perspective and perspectives are formed by cultural and societal bias? All art is political, it doesn't matter if it isn't making a commentary on electoral politics, it's still coming from a perspective informed by politics.

Work people think isn't political most often times is just adhering to a status quo and, by not opposing oppressors, siding with them

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I don't care about any video game sites other than this one and I definitely never listen to any podcasts or watch any videos but I'll give these guys a shot now. I appreciate this because there are so many right wingers in the video game fandom that putting themselves out there like this takes some serious principles.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Realistically, having Biden in office won't fix America. It'll still remain a broken, abusive and destructive country. The same way it was under Obama.
No person can "fix America" in a four year term.
It was never about that.

Right now, America has several giant wounds which are bleeding profusely.
For these wounds to heal, you must first stop the bleeding. Voting in Biden is the start of that process, not the end of it.
Meanwhile Trump wants to cut off a limb while saying it was dead weight, doing irreparable damage as America continues to bleed out.

If you want a better candidate, you need to be involved early on - in the primaries.
It's far too late to choose anyone else. Either Biden or Trump are going to be president for the next four years. There is nothing you can do to change that.
That's why you have to choose between them. Either you do everything that you can to oppose Trump (vote Biden, and encourage others to do the same) or you are letting him win.

And yes, it will be the same thing next election. Your choice will be Democrat or Republican again.
That's not going to change until there is electoral reform in America.
Until then, the best you can do is try to get a better Democratic candidate with more favorable policies, while doing what you can to push for reform.
Progress is going to be slow, but that doesn't mean you should give up and let the right win. The consequences of that are too dire.

Look, I think we ALL want the government to spend less of our money and not interfere in our lives. It's a pretty universal idea.
I don't think that's true at all. Taxation and government spending is hugely important.
The issue is who is getting taxed, how much they are being taxed, and where that money is going.

Public services are being critically underfunded in the US, with that money being spent on things like the military instead.
The poor are being taxed more while the rich pay less and corporations manage to not only pay zero taxes, but actually get massive rebates.

That system has to change. This doesn't mean "no taxes".
It means taxing the right people and having the biggest earners pay the most.
Then spending those taxes on things like public infrastructure: ensuring that everyone has access to affordable/public-funded healthcare, access to clean water, that roads and public transportation are being maintained, providing schools with the resources they need rather than teachers having to pay for supplies out of their own pockets, working to eliminate homelessness, developing a clean power grid, funding a modern public internet infrastructure etc.

The list of good that can be done is endless - and a lot of it is things that aren't going to get done without taxation/government funding.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
If you are a person who believes Trump hasn't directly harmed you think again.

Trump made us economically poorer through his trade war.

fortune.com

Trump's Tariffs Were Supposed to Ding China, But the U.S. Economy Is Getting Hit 2.5x Harder

The 'deadweight' costs of Trump's one-size-fits-all tariff approach is exacting a huge toll on the U.S. economy.

Key point: America is spending way more money on securing goods we used to get from China than China is spending on goods they used to buy from us.
www.resetera.com

CNBC- U.S. Manufacturing sector contracts for the first time in nearly a decade

#winning This is especially worrisome because global manufacturing (not the overall global economy) is currently in a mild recession...

Key point: Manufacturing has kept declining under Trump until it got below levels in 2009.

Trump's tax cut funneled your wealth to the wealthiest 5%.

billmoyers.com

Trump's Tax Cuts Were a Disaster. Naturally, Republicans Want Even More. – BillMoyers.com

Lies about tax cuts have determined the course of America’s economy, and the individual fortunes of millions of families including yours, for decades. Continue reading

Key point: Just look at the graphs. They illustrate how really quickly how the tax cuts for the wealthy didn't change the trajectory for everyone else before the cut.

If you worked at a company with less than 50 employees there was a very high chance even if the pandemic never happened Trump trying to win the election by hurting the post office would end with you unemployed.

techcrunch.com

If we let the US Postal Service die, we’ll be killing small businesses with it | TechCrunch

If we continue to view the USPS as simply a balance sheet and optimize for profitability in a vacuum, we ultimately stand to lose far more than we gain.

Key point: none to be had but I ask that you think it through what will happen even after a cure is found but the Republican party continues to cripple the post office. Do you really think the job you lost if your business relied on the post office is coming back?

Nearly 200,000 deaths and still rising.

I don't need to provide a link but aren't you remotely concerned how our government is handling this compared to 1 of the 2 continents Trump referred to as shitholes.

Science | AAAS

apnews.com

As US struggles, Africa's COVID-19 response is praised

JOHANNESBURG (AP) β€” At a lecture to peers this month, John Nkengasong showed images that once dogged Africa, with a magazine cover declaring it β€œThe Hopeless Continent."

You have lost in many ways that you failed to appreciate.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I don't understand how this is an actual take that people have. Probably going to get banned for saying this but how is this surprising and upsetting to you? They have a TON of friends in the disabled and LGBTQ communities. They hired a black man and a Hispanic man. Those two hires, for better or worse, any time they talk about games, it's political. Because they exist and they're not white.

Y'all should keep politics out of the way people live and who people are but you can't. I'm so unbelievably tired of that. The hypocrisy is so unbelievable to me. "I care about my guns, let me live the way I want!" Then they hear " I'm a woman that wants control of my body" and they're like "lol nah". Or they hear "I'm a black man who doesn't want to be shot by the police" and they're like "lol nah yall asking for too much; blue lives matter".

anyways, my point is simple. Some people don't have a choice. They exist and their existing is political in and of itself

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I have never said this or anything that implies that. What I did say was that this is not a simple case that can be resolved with ignorance.

I literally have no clue what you're talking about. At what time was it suggested that "ignorance" is the solution to the rise of of fascism? What, specifically, is your issue with observing Karl Popper's paradox of tolerance in the context of current US politics?

Your posts are so (deliberately?) short, vague and ambiguous that I genuinely have yet to understand what specific point you're trying to make at all.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
It's sad how delusional my fiancΓ©e and many many many other Vietnamese Americans are when it comes to Trump and China. She gets all of these pro trump Vietnamese Facebook videos on her videos feed taking about how Trump is somehow sticking it to China and making it harder for Chinese to immigrate to the US lol.

Their disdain for the Chinese is making them believe silly nonsense.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ngl this thread bringing out the apathetic edge lords in Era's under belly has me a little unnerved.

Jan 10, 2018
If you are a person who believes Trump hasn't directly harmed you think again.

Trump made us economically poorer through his trade war.

fortune.com

Trump's Tariffs Were Supposed to Ding China, But the U.S. Economy Is Getting Hit 2.5x Harder

The 'deadweight' costs of Trump's one-size-fits-all tariff approach is exacting a huge toll on the U.S. economy.

Key point: America is spending way more money on securing goods we used to get from China than China is spending on goods they used to buy from us.
www.resetera.com

CNBC- U.S. Manufacturing sector contracts for the first time in nearly a decade

#winning This is especially worrisome because global manufacturing (not the overall global economy) is currently in a mild recession...

Key point: Manufacturing has kept declining under Trump until it got below levels in 2009.

Trump's tax cut funneled your wealth to the wealthiest 5%.

billmoyers.com

Trump's Tax Cuts Were a Disaster. Naturally, Republicans Want Even More. – BillMoyers.com

Lies about tax cuts have determined the course of America’s economy, and the individual fortunes of millions of families including yours, for decades. Continue reading

Key point: Just look at the graphs. They illustrate how really quickly how the tax cuts for the wealthy didn't change the trajectory for everyone else before the cut.

If you worked at a company with less than 50 employees there was a very high chance even if the pandemic never happened Trump trying to win the election by hurting the post office would end with you unemployed.

techcrunch.com

If we let the US Postal Service die, we’ll be killing small businesses with it | TechCrunch

If we continue to view the USPS as simply a balance sheet and optimize for profitability in a vacuum, we ultimately stand to lose far more than we gain.

Key point: none to be had but I ask that you think it through what will happen even after a cure is found but the Republican party continues to cripple the post office. Do you really think the job you lost if your business relied on the post office is coming back?

Nearly 200,000 deaths and still rising.

I don't need to provide a link but aren't you remotely concerned how our government is handling this compared to 1 of the 2 continents Trump referred to as shitholes.

Science | AAAS

apnews.com

As US struggles, Africa's COVID-19 response is praised

JOHANNESBURG (AP) β€” At a lecture to peers this month, John Nkengasong showed images that once dogged Africa, with a magazine cover declaring it β€œThe Hopeless Continent."

You have lost in many ways that you failed to appreciate.

I gonna make a thread on Trump's imperialism which is leaving thousands dead and will leave generations to heal. Another one of these Trump fails on purpose which people massive overlook.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Good on them for not beating around the bush. Removing Trump from power is not gonna magically undo all the damage he and the Republican party have done overnight but it sure as shit is better than having them continue their crusade for at least four more years.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad they're speaking up. I hope people who are still undecided understand this vote is a referendum on character, not just policy.

Oct 24, 2019
Is it really to the point where everyone voting trump is a fascist? If so fair enough.

What would you call people who knowingly & willingly vote for a person who:
- won't commit to peacefully relinquishing the office if he loses
- continues to force migrants into internment camps with zero accountability where children are separated from their parents and neglected and abused
- threatens to cut funding from regions that don't support him
- constantly uses his platform to demonize and dehumanize his political opponents and foment stochastic terrorism
- uses his presidential pardon powers to bail out his criminal cronies
- uses his power to undermine the democratic process in order to rig the election in his favor

and so much more that I can't even attempt to list them all there.

Trump is a fascist who is angling for his coup and power consolidation because he's so afraid of being prosecuted for his many, many, MANY crimes once he's out of office, and anyone who votes for him is a fascist sympathizer. Simple as that.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really great to see them weigh in on this.

What would you call people who knowingly & willingly vote for a person who:
- won't commit to peacefully relinquishing the office if he loses
- continues to force migrants into internment camps with zero accountability where children are separated from their parents and neglected and abused
- threatens to cut funding from regions that don't support him
- constantly uses his platform to demonize and dehumanize his political opponents and foment stochastic terrorism
- uses his presidential pardon powers to bail out his criminal cronies
- uses his power to undermine the democratic process in order to rig the election in his favor

and so much more that I can't even attempt to list them all there.

Trump is a fascist who is angling for his coup and power consolidation because he's so afraid of being prosecuted for his many, many, MANY crimes once he's out of office, and anyone who votes for him is a fascist sympathizer. Simple as that.
Thank you!

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
That doesn't work. There's a reason Ben Shapiro and the rest of the IDW grifter still make bank. There followers don't give a shit about facts.
I am sure you know about the BBC interview that Shapiro did. It humiliated him and that is what we need more of. You always find him debating people that are not suitable to enter such debates and his followers use that to celebrate him. What we need is intellectuals destroying him in front of his own fans.

You may say that they don't care about the facts but there are some of them who are just clueless ignoramuses - who would be affected by seeing their leader getting constantly humiliated.

Remember we are talking about 40% plus of the population. We need to have multiple ways of creating change.