• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I wonder how it is to see your coworkers all day at work and then go home and still live with them.

I couldn't do it... and it'll probably be worse now they're working from home.

Also I love that Greg's already talking about getting more people onto KFGD and WHCF via Skype. Making the most of a shitty situation.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there something like PlayStation Home out there where they could all meet up in a virtual studio with avatars and livestream podcasts that way?

That would be cool.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Is there something like PlayStation Home out there where they could all meet up in a virtual studio with avatars and livestream podcasts that way?

That would be cool.

Never used it, but isn't Second Life sort of a precursor to what PS Home tried to be? Also, there's VR Chat. That could be cool.

Last edited:

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone catch the intro to KFGD today? Are all the shows just going to be audio now while they're at home? It looks like WHCF is at the moment.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Bless and Tim complaining that Sony advertised their video incorrectly was frustrating. Word for word Sony's two tweets about the video were literally what it was.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
It was literally just their GDC presentation taking place in a slightly different format because GDC was cancelled. Anybody who expected more deserves to be disappointed.
Yeah I'm not sure their idea was better either. They said don't tweet about it and just put it up. But it's like damn, is Sony not supposed to tweet it out so developers know it's there? No one made them keep watching. They were free to tune out the moment Ryan said it was their GDC presentation. I don't remember them judging GDC presentations in the past.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah I'm not sure their idea was better either. They said don't tweet about it and just put it up. But it's like damn, is Sony not supposed to tweet it out so developers know it's there? No one made them keep watching. They were free to tune out the moment Ryan said it was their GDC presentation. I don't remember them judging GDC presentations in the past.
Kinda Funny is all about the hype now. If something isn't hype it automatically sucks. Yearning for the Beyond days where the guys could react to a presentation like this with some actual nuance.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Kinda Funny is all about the hype now. If something isn't hype it automatically sucks. Yearning for the Beyond days where the guys could react to a presentation like this with some actual nuance.
Or just not react to it. Blessing's overall thoughts aside from that were what you're talking about. So I think the nuance is there. It's just coupled with Tim's (and I guess a little bit Blessing's) really strong desire to have a reason to get hyped. Which I guess is something we all want, but sometimes it feels less "I want to be wowed" and more "I need to be wowed so I can post a cool YouTube thumbnail".

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

I think that applies more generally to the gaming industry/fanbase than KF in particularly; every PS/Xbox presentation has to be the best thing ever otherwise what's the point and, like, every Nintendo Direct they have to announce BOTW 2, 3 and 4 or everyone just shits on it. There's no middle ground anymore between something being amazing or awful.

Although you're not wrong and Tim in particular does get on my nerves these days with everything having to be "hype" and it definitely comes off as forced for content now... I don't know if anyone watched their reaction to the Fast 9 trailer but it was pretty embarrassing and you could tell it was forced so they can clip it out for Youtube.

You could probably make a decent drinking game by counting every time Tim says "lets fucking go" or "get fucking hyped son" on a podcast. You'd be wasted by the end of Gamescast.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very hesitant to watch their reactions or today's GD with how incredibly technically illiterate they all are.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think that applies more generally to the gaming industry/fanbase than KF in particularly; every PS/Xbox presentation has to be the best thing ever otherwise what's the point and, like, every Nintendo Direct they have to announce BOTW 2, 3 and 4 or everyone just shits on it. There's no middle ground anymore between something being amazing or awful.

Although you're not wrong and Tim in particular does get on my nerves these days with everything having to be "hype" and it definitely comes off as forced for content now... I don't know if anyone watched their reaction to the Fast 9 trailer but it was pretty embarrassing and you could tell it was forced so they can clip it out for Youtube.

You could probably make a decent drinking game by counting every time Tim says "lets fucking go" or "get fucking hyped son" on a podcast. You'd be wasted by the end of Gamescast.
Spot on with everything you said here. Particularly that there's no middle ground. I'm worried that it's seeping into Kinda Funny as a whole though. That mindset was always there with Tim and that was fine because it was basically his gimmick in the quartet that made him stand out, but I feel like Nick is constantly like that now too and it's spreading to other members.

I'm very hesitant to watch their reactions or today's GD with how incredibly technically illiterate they all are.
This is another issue I had with them doing this reaction. Not only did they go in with unrealistic expectations, but they're also tech-illiterate people reacting to a presentation all about console specs. Tim likes to think he's an expert here because he plays Xbox One X and has a nice TV, but he's not.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Well, Tim, Gia, Cool Greg, and Joey all live in that same house so that probably explains it. Housing becomes a bit more affordable the more people you pack in. I still imagine it would have cost an arm and a leg in San Francisco though.

Wait they all live in the same house? That explains it. At least the room looks awesome. I remember when there was like 6 IGN guys living together in box rooms in SF.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Housing can be absolute hell here, but it's rare that it's the "pack all of your co-workers in just to survive" kind of hell. Should have moved somewhere cheaper for this new studio. Outside of We Have Cool Friends, having access to devs and a lot of the game industry in SF isn't a thing that is heavily utilised by Kinda Funny.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Agreed. It's a PlayStation show, he's commenting on a PlayStation/Vita game. Move along.

I thought it was pretty in depth to be honest. He commented on the game and not the person which makes sense to me and probably everyone involved.

I think the one moment when Tim threw his hat at the beer bottle he had during the game awards of 2018 (?) on Joker being added to smash, I was like wow. This is starting to be egregious. Dude doesn't even play persona

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Y'all lose your minds when they praise a shithead like Notch or Boogie, but apprently it's okay if they do the same thing for Colin who is just as bad.
I mean let's pump the brakes a little bit. People may not know the situation. And short of combing through specific people's post history I don't know that that's really fair.
Didn't mean to offend anyone, I took it as a PlayStation podcast host talking about a PlayStation game.
No worries. I'm not particularly bothered that people didn't take it the way I took it. I may not like it and I thought Greg should've had more self awareness, but I'm not going to go scorched earth on Kinda Funny. I do think it sucks though, but that's just me.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
I do think it's funny that every PlayStation creator everyone looks up to is praising him rightn ow for releasing a game and they still feel super weird about it. I wonder if Greg regrets it at this point. I doubt it - because Colin committed to his statement even when people told him it was a bad look and it made the company look bad - but. Idk. I guess it just gets me when I see everyone suck up to these creators and literally all of them have no issue with Colin

Sep 23, 2018
I was very interested to see how Greg would handle Twin Breaker in PSILY, he seems to have gone about it in the best way possible. He was honest and open about who was involved with it and his opinions on it.

It would have been much more worthy of comment had he not commented at all.

Also now that we are a few weeks in to the new incarnation of PSILY , I for one am glad it's been brought back. I'll still listen to Sacred Symbols and I'll listen to PSILY.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
does anyone here not think blessing is hands down one of the best and exciting new members of kinda funny? I was way more hyped when Barrett joined but Blessing has CONTINUALLY impressed me. He's still arguably the best and most well spoken member of the gang. I can't find any faults with the guy

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
does anyone here not think blessing is hands down one of the best and exciting new members of kinda funny? I was way more hyped when Barrett joined but Blessing has CONTINUALLY impressed me. He's still arguably the best and most well spoken member of the gang. I can't find any faults with the guy
Yeah, he's been a breath of fresh air.