• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'll have to check this game out later, seems like a very nice positive thing to have in the world, let alone in the gaming space. Will probably purchase too even though I think I have a Humble Key for it.

Oct 29, 2017
OP - thank you SO much for making this thread. Bought the game and just spent like an hour writing replies. I cannot begin to describe how wonderful this experience has been so far.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I wish you could favorite the letters you receive. I got a bunch of them after a request, and I really appreciate them, but some of them feel extra special, and it would be cool to have a way to quickly find them.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I wish you could favorite the letters you receive. I got a bunch of them after a request, and I really appreciate them, but some of them feel extra special, and it would be cool to have a way to quickly find them.
I've just been screenshotting my favorites, but an in-game favorite feature would be nice. It'd be nice to be able to save airplanes as well.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
6zy1c1H.png

Just replying to some pretty serious letters
To be fair, Explorers of Sky made me cry like a baby so this is entirely in line with the rest of the content being brought up in regards to this game.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is the best way to respond when you don't really have any advice and don't want to sound too chirpy or trite?

I want to offer encouragement but don't want to sound cliche or Pollyanna-ish. Like if someone's anxious about their work or the social life I don't want to just say "I know you'll do great!" when that's possibly just setting them up for disappointment.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
What is the best way to respond when you don't really have any advice and don't want to sound too chirpy or trite?

I want to offer encouragement but don't want to sound cliche or Pollyanna-ish. Like if someone's anxious about their work or the social life I don't want to just say "I know you'll do great!" when that's possibly just setting them up for disappointment.
I feel like sympathy is the way to go, usually. Just an "I'm sorry you have to go through that" or "that sounds hard". Not trying to get someone to cheer up, but just letting them know there's people out there who are listening.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Current iteration: Game's creator looks at every report that gets put in. Community is around 3000 people, he's only had to ban around 12. For the Steam release, it's currently set up where if a request hits a certain threshold, it's automatically pulled until he can look at it. When you report a letter you receive, it instantly disappears from your list forever.
This makes me not want to buy it just because I don't want the dev team to be overwhelmed.

But at the same time, I know that a purchase will help them get enough funds to increase moderation.

Is the base price $5? Because if this is a sale, I might wait for the price to go up.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
This makes me not want to buy it just because I don't want the dev team to be overwhelmed.

But at the same time, I know that a purchase will help them get enough funds to increase moderation.

Is the base price $5? Because if this is a sale, I might wait for the price to go up.

It's the base price

Oct 25, 2017
Im learning how to write nice letters to people without it being super time consuming as it usually has been. Its refreshing but surprising what a game can be.

Oct 25, 2017
The trick of this game is something we're taught in 12 step recovery which is the path to fixing your problems is paved by helping others.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Can someone explain what "Full History" means? So far I've only sent one request, so maybe it makes sense later, but for some reason some of the letters from my request are "hidden" behind that button. I thought they'd all show up by default, so I don't understand why that button is there.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Something that has really hit me emotionally that I didn't expect is when I get a response from someone who clearly doesn't speak English as a first language. This person doesn't even speak the same language as me, but they were willing to put their thoughts into a second or third language (and as someone learning a second language, I know how hard that can be) to make that anonymous connection, and I think that's really amazing.
Can someone explain what "Full History" means? So far I've only sent one request, so maybe it makes sense later, but for some reason some of the letters from my request are "hidden" behind that button. I thought they'd all show up by default, so I don't understand why that button is there.
I believe the regular history only shows a certain amount of your most recently received letters, while Full History is everything you've ever been sent.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Something that has really hit me emotionally that I didn't expect is when I get a response from someone who clearly doesn't speak English as a first language. This person doesn't even speak the same language as me, but they were willing to put their thoughts into a second or third language (and as someone learning a second language, I know how hard that can be to make that anonymous connection, and I think that's really amazing.

I noticed this too. I love it. So heartwarming.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
If you want a copy of this and don't have the $5, DM me. Whether you think it'd be helpful for yourself, or you think you can help others with your own kind words, let's see how much of this pile of Steam credit I can run through!
Quoting myself because this offer is still definitely open - only one person has taken me up on it!

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Inspired by DoradoWinston, if you want a copy of this and don't have the $5, DM me. Whether you think it'd be helpful for yourself, or you think you can help others with your own kind words, let's see how much of this pile of Steam credit I can run through!

I'll also take this opportunity to try to remind myself to check in with the game each day - I got a bit down on myself because I didn't think I could "help" with a lot of people, and reading this thread has reminded me that it's not necessarily about helping, but also just being there for people.

Super kind offer!

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
What a beautiful, beautiful game!
I've been gaming for around 30 years now, and this is one of if not THE most positive gaming experience I've ever had.
It just took a few minutes for the first response and everyone is really nice. Wrote around 10 letters now.

CAMaera

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love this...experience. It really is great to sit down and write, as a person who loves doing that this is a great outlet, and spreading some kind words really is just the cherry on top. I have had exactly one negative interaction with a person who brushed off my musings, but it wasn't a very serious request anyway so that's fair I guess.

The most troll-y thing I saw was a paper airplane that said "im a kindred main", which I laughed at because it was pretty unexpected.

I've been at it for a couple days and it's been really nice, both to give and recieve these kind words. Thanks to everyone who's on there!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Happy to tell y'all that I finally have all of the stickers!

kiT4iSz.jpg

I let this game run in the background and check on it from time to time, even just opening plane messages is uplifting enough to make a difference in my day!

Amaretto

Oct 27, 2017
I've got the deer sticker as well.

There's no way for me to send it to anyone except by responding to requests is there?

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
These are the hardest Fire Emblem lecture questions ever

In all seriousness as much as I admire the game I feel inadequate responding to many requests and end up just skipping through. Only if specific advice comes naturally. Sending anonymous good vibes paper airplanes is more my speed.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
These are the hardest Fire Emblem lecture questions ever

In all seriousness as much as I admire the game I feel inadequate responding to many requests and end up just skipping through. Only if specific advice comes naturally. Sending anonymous good vibes paper airplanes is more my speed.
I think it works as a good lesson, that we can't always help everyone with specific, relevant advice...but we can all share a general sense of positivity and hope.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I think for some, you feel indeed inadequate answering because you feel you have no good & relevant advice to provide. So you feel you should skip it because you feel out of your depths. But I also think that sometimes, people just want to feel not alone while facing these struggles. People just wanna feel heard and seen. Even if your answer brings nothing of value in terms of life lesson or resolvability, it can still bring warmth and kindness through words of understanding, while empathizing and acknowledging that their situation sucks, even though you don't know how to solve it. Sometimes that's all people need.

Sometimes, just those little words you think won't solve anything, can still go a long, long way. And that's part of the point of it all.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I think for some, you feel indeed inadequate answering because you feel you have no good & relevant advice to provide. So you feel you should skip it because you feel out of your depths. But I also think that sometimes, people just want to feel not alone while facing these struggles. People just wanna feel heard and seen. Even if your answer brings nothing of value in terms of life lesson or resolvability, it can still bring warmth and kindness through words of understanding, while empathizing and acknowledging that their situation sucks, even though you don't know how to solve it. Sometimes that's all people need.

Sometimes, just those little words you think won't solve anything, can still go a long, long way. And that's part of the point of it all.

Yeah I think this is the truth. In fact I think letters that are just sympathy, no advice, can be the best ones. Sometimes you just want to feel heard

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah I think this is the truth. In fact I think letters that are just sympathy, no advice, can be the best ones. Sometimes you just want to feel heard

I've had a letter about someone venting about how their mother had been suffering from cancer for several year, making her handicapped, and how she was on the verge of dying for several months, and how it was taking a toll on them, having to take care of her, and just being impacted by seeing someone they love dying in such horrible painful way. There's no "good advice" to send here, nothing will ever solve this situation, it's just bad, sad and tragic all around. No happy feel-good letter will make any of the pain they're going through go away. Sometimes, just saying "I hear you, this situation is horrible and it's unfair to you and your family, I'm deeply sorry you have to go through that, please take care of you, you're loved, and you're not alone.", is the very best you can do. And sometimes, it's just the thing people wanna hear.

Oct 29, 2017
I sent a silly request about how I have had trouble lately waking up in the morning for work, despite setting multiple alarms, and how I just run around and turn them all off and go back to bed, or press "snooze" multiple times. Well someone replied back about an app (Alarmy for iPhone) that you can set up that in order to turn it off, you have to scan a barcode of a product. It's a free app, and I set it up to turn off to the scanning of the container of Tide Pods I have downstairs. So I HAVE to get up and scan that code downstairs or else it just keeps going off. Already tested it and it is amazing. This is going to change my life!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I sent a silly request about how I have had trouble lately waking up in the morning for work, despite setting multiple alarms, and how I just run around and turn them all off and go back to bed, or press "snooze" multiple times. Well someone replied back about an app (Alarmy for iPhone) that you can set up that in order to turn it off, you have to scan a barcode of a product. It's a free app, and I set it up to turn off to the scanning of the container of Tide Pods I have downstairs. So I HAVE to get up and scan that code downstairs or else it just keeps going off. Already tested it and it is amazing. This is going to change my life!

Nice. I got a few movie recommendations from the game. Good stuff.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
This is a really sweet idea for a game, but I'm really nervous that folks will pour their heart out only to receive hateful responses back from horrible trolls. I'm glad they're focused heavily on moderation but I'd still be worried myself.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
That's upsetting, but unfortunately understandable given what it appears they've been dealing with on here. I can definitely see why they wouldn't want to participate anymore, as much as I wish they'd be around.

RIP Gritty