• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you be interested in a Killzone Series Remaster Collection Mega Bundle?

• Hel[ghan] yea

Votes: 158 62.7%
  • ISA[y] no

Votes: 79 31.3%
  • Thor: The Dark Remaster

Votes: 15 6.0%

• Total voters

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Killzone 2, 3, Mercenary, and even Shadowfall. And to be honest no shooter has replaced them to this day, they still had a very different feel to it and the Multiplayer is still really unique with it's emphasis on constantly changing objectives...

So can we get a goddamn Killzone 2 Remake, with MP? It's crazy how Shadowfall is the only Killzone game you can play on current hardware. Hell, at this point I'd still even just take a Remaster.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Also just realized that late next year, even Shadowfall will be 10 years old. Q.Q

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely.

A "quick" 4K@60fps 1080p@120fps remaster would be nice. Not too much done. Uprezzed textures and effects, way shorter loading times, etc.

But then reboot the franchise and give us a full fat remake of the trilogy. Especially the story needs better writers for the ISA side of things.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Give it another 5-10 years and RPCS3 should should be advanced enough and computer parts affordable enough that you'll be able to play it at 4K60fps.

Until then, I doubt it. Honestly, it still blows my mind the way that Sony is treating this franchise that was one once one of it's console sellers. I was never that big a fan of it (my preference was the Resistance games) and I think only Killzone 2 is any good anyway (1 is forgotten to the depths of time and 3 and shadowfall were lame), and guerilla clearly wants to not make killzone anymore since they are clearly enjoying making Horizon games instead, which I agree with, they're way better...

but idk. you'd think Sony would get a team and just tell them to make Killzone games, if for nothing else than to keep sustaining their first party portfolio. And honestly, given how they are tending to make long epics nowadays, a 8-12 hour FPS campaign with multiplayer seems like it'd fill a niche. It's just a very strange business decision imo.

Anyway, this is the best Killzone video I've seen, so you can entertain yourself with it if you want

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Port at 120hz please. Want to see minds melt when it controls without 245ms input lag.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I would honestly not mind a live service Killzone game. I feel like its the type of game were that would work. Although gotta keep the class based multiplayer mode.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Sure, I wouldn't mind remasters of KZ2, 3, and Mercenaries for PS5, but what I would personally want most is a complete remake/re-imagining/reboot of KZ1. That game is rough, but definitely had some neat ideas.

Heck, just do a full AAA reboot of the KZ franchise. The lore of KZ was always really good, but the story, and even sometimes gameplay, execution was often poor, or undercooked. To this day, the best playing/paced KZ of the franchise imo is Mercenaries and that was made by Guerilla Cambridge.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
I'd be down for this, but I'd be much more down for a Resistance revival. Or at least make them playable on PS Now.

Killzone was alright but i feel like the series never had much of an identity.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
The unspeakable things I would do for a KZ2 remaster/remake!
Been banging on this drum for a few years on Era, I've noticed more people asking for it lately too which is nice.

I just need another dose of that MP.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
KillzownedWTFace.gif

I'd be down with it, but they need to update the controls.
I dont care what you purest say, those weighty controls need updating BADLY

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I love the feel of KZ2, the heavy street to street fighting where each enemy mattered felt so good! The slower paced nature worked for me and I don't see too many FPS games taking that approach nowadays (I've probably missed a ton of titles to be fair).

Something like KZ2 coming back would be great, a full reboot would probably be the best approach, but a good remaster wouldn't hurt.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Killzone 2 multiplayer was the most fun I had with a FPS MP since COD4 at that time

A remastered/remake would be great, but I would gladly take a new Killzone with the same style and gameplay as KZ2 (and not what the series later became with 3 and Shadow Fall)

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
I was obsessed with this game back then, the graphics were incredible and the gunplay was really good. I specially love the body physics of the enemies when getting shot, it felt so realistic. Great game and yes I would love a remake or remaster

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I loved Killzone 2, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to go back to it considering how long it took me to get used to how the controls felt.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Would be nice to have a version that doesn't control horribly, but I don't think it's a particularly good game anyway.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, I wouldn't mind remasters of KZ2, 3, and Mercenaries for PS5, but what I would personally want most is a complete remake/re-imagining/reboot of KZ1. That game is rough, but definitely had some neat ideas.

Heck, just do a full AAA reboot of the KZ franchise. The lore of KZ was always really good, but the story, and even sometimes gameplay, execution was often poor, or undercooked. To this day, the best playing/paced KZ of the franchise imo is Mercenaries and that was made by Guerilla Cambridge.

I never understood why Guerilla Cambridge wasn't allowed to develop at least one big AAA Killzone game. Mercenaries was so good and to have such a studio do one VR game and then kill it was a really bad move imo.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'd be totally down for a remaster collection for the Killzone franchise; and the Resistance franchise for that matter!
Good times.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Why are so many people so down on Killzone in every thread about it?
Saying things it wasn't popular enough to warrant bothering with remasters/sequels etc.
KZ2 was a 90+ rated game which sold in-line with other games which did get remasters.

It also has historical/cultural significance in the videogame space if for nothing else other than the hilarious E3 reveal.

I would love to get a 120fps multiplayer of any of the KZ games and as I've been saying for a while now there really isn't that many games of it's type available right now, apart from COD.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
No thanks. Apart from nice visuals the game was nothing special. The terrible aiming also made it a chore to play.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I still replay the KZ2/3 every couple of years. Those games are very unique in how they feel to play, and it would be nice to be able to do so without digging out a PS3.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
KZ2 is still some of my favorite multiplayer. Would love someone to just throw all the bells and whistles at it or remake them for PSVR2.

Also the best headshot chime ever.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Why are so many people so down on Killzone in every thread about it?
Saying things it wasn't popular enough to warrant bothering with remasters/sequels etc.
KZ2 was a 90+ rated game which sold in-line with other games which did get remasters.

It also has historical/cultural significance in the videogame space if for nothing else other than the hilarious E3 reveal.

I would love to get a 120fps multiplayer of any of the KZ games and as I've been saying for a while now there really isn't that many games of it's type available right now, apart from COD.
PErsonally, lack of an identity.

The first one seemed to be a Halo clone, the second one a Call of Duty one, the third one felt like random Sci FiFPS #4893284. The fourth seemed to want to be some sort of open level design for them to be sandboxes and ends up feeling like a weird, claustrophobic Crysis clone.

The cover based system was clever but honestly you could also ignore it and nothing would be much different.

Oct 25, 2017
I love Killzone 2, so I hope that it gets remastered.

I think it's the most unique feeling FPS I've played. I love how heavy the guns feel and how the weight shifts around. It plays beautifully with the gritty and industrial theme of the game. Gun models are amazing too. the iconic green holo lens + the depth of field effect is really nice. MP is goat material too. That needs a spiritual successor of some kind.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
How are there not more GIFs in this thread? This game still looks fantastic!

34206.gif

Until then, I doubt it. Honestly, it still blows my mind the way that Sony is treating this franchise that was one once one of it's console sellers. I was never that big a fan of
Anyway, this is the best Killzone video I've seen, so you can entertain yourself with it if you want

I second this. Great video.