Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
KOS173.jpg

This is the first time we've ever seen Solomon David this shaken.

Oct 25, 2017
Book 5 will supposedly be the longest. I could see it being as long as two other books combined. I think people are just conditioned into thinking long series should have 7 parts, plus we have the 7 demiurges which add to that impression. Really tho, we don't need a whole book focusing on Gog-Agog or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Well DBZ never had a 3 way fusion did it?

Kami Piccolo Nail. Buu is also arguably a large number of fusions. Could add Cell to the pile. DBZ did fusions in a lot of varieties even before it codified the Fusion concept.

There's also multi character fusion in GT but we don't talk about GT soooo...

Last edited:

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Kami Piccolo Nail. Buu is also arguably a large number of fusions. Could add Cell to the pile. DBZ did fusions in a lot of varieties even before it codified the Fusion concept.

There's also multi character fusion in GT but we don't talk about GT soooo...
I think its a bit of a stretch to call all those fusions, each one is a dominant personality more or less absorbing the others, rather than the thing here thats like an actual merger making something new.

I dont even know about the GT one, but yeah im cool not knowing about it lol.

Oct 25, 2017
With Piccolo they explicitly change his character every time he does it. He only lacks a character design change because all namekians have the same design. Buu also fits the bill as he changes both form and personality drastically in tandem. Cell is the actual stretch here, but he does exhibit most of the traits of fusion, just lacking the personality fusion.

If we want to be strict, K6BD has its own brand of fusion going on, with no actual personality mixing going on.

Steven Universe is a fine thing. I see the comparisons as a sign of its popularity. But it wasn't the first prominent cartoon thing to use most of the concepts it has on display.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
With Piccolo they explicitly change his character every time he does it. He only lacks a character design change because all namekians have the same design. Buu also fits the bill as he changes both form and personality drastically in tandem. Cell is the actual stretch here, but he does exhibit most of the traits of fusion, just lacking the personality fusion.

If we want to be strict, K6BD has its own brand of fusion going on, with no actual personality mixing going on.

Steven Universe is a fine thing. I see the comparisons as a sign of its popularity. But it wasn't the first prominent cartoon thing to use most of the concepts it has on display.
Fair point with piccolo and Buu.
Tho I dont think anyones claiming it was first? comparisons are probably happening because like SU, here its also 3 women, the fusions create forms that are wildly new and expresive (and big), and here the fusion feels like an embodiment of the characters emtional connection is needed which was like the whole point of them in SU.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
The last few pages have been insane. Abbadon's talent is simply astonishing.

Among my personal favorites pages, that one of Mother Oom/Nadia (of all people) left me in awe:
BOI30.jpg
As for the latest page, I'm honestly a bit puzzled at how the events are unfolding:
BOI40.jpg
Incubus is actually... helping? Jagganoth's restrains are off with that last attack though. Could it be that this event will "break" the cycle (considering that, in that instance, we have everyone ganging on Jagga, including the now focused demiurges and Aspected fucking Chaos helping), only to lead to something much worse?
Well, the nature of the cycle is just hinted. How the events actually unfold in previous ones is actually unknown.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
We went through in-fighting, begrudging collaboration, actually good cooperation, good dialogue, hope spot, pettyness at the most important moment... And now, we arrived at this point (massive spoilers - the new page itself warns its readers to stop reading immediately if they are not up to speed - and also blood/gore warning content):
Allison lost. The demiurges lost. In a single attack (well, 80.000 strikes, but considering how fast it came out...), Jagganoth cut everyone and everything to pieces. Allison is falling to her doom, her right side wrecked, losing an eye and an arm in the process. Cio and White Chain are nowhere to be seen. We don't even see the Chaos-fusion getting undone. The fate of the demiurges is unknown. The planet is wrecked. Only Gog-Agog remains relatively unscathed since they fled: they will survive indeed.

Now, I'm curious to see what Maya with her key could do against Jagganoth, considering she is the master of cutting...

But yeah, things are not looking good at the moment, and I fail to see how they are going to recover quickly from this. Which is actually surprising me, since I thought this was the last book.

That being said, the cover page of said book was actually a pretty blatant lampshade on how Allison was going to lose an eye and an arm... Completely forgot about that.
Going by that same page, I think it is safe to say Jadis will escape her ice coffin... Which may not be a good thing: there is a very distinct Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde's vibe from her and her "shadow".

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Bearer of the word, Blade. I should have known. Its one of his damn titles. Of course Jaggy would do an insane attack like that truly lives up to his name.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Well, "Welp" indeed (link to the new page).

To sum up:
Mammon is no more, having be slaughtered by Jagganoth.
Jagganoth has absorbed Mammon's key.
Allison and Cio are scared out of their minds.
Jagganoth is very, very much naked.
Incubus is beyond naked (... are those veins?!).
Everything is still fucked, and I have no idea how they will manage to get out of this alive. Jadis will somehow survive, according to the first page of this tome, Gog is obviously fine, but as for the other demi-urges... I don't see Mottom surviving this. I see Solomon dying with his planet. As for Incubus, well, I believe he will flee at this point.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Well, "Welp" indeed (link to the new page).

To sum up:
Mammon is no more, having be slaughtered by Jagganoth.
Jagganoth has absorbed Mammon's key.
Allison and Cio are scared out of their minds.
Jagganoth is very, very much naked.
Incubus is beyond naked (... are those veins?!).
Everything is still fucked, and I have no idea how they will manage to get out of this alive. Jadis will somehow survive, according to the first page of this tome, Gog is obviously fine, but as for the other demi-urges... I don't see Mottom surviving this. I see Solomon dying with his planet. As for Incubus, well, I believe he will flee at this point.
Yeah looking at this book's cover page three Demi's are fighting Jag and Three seem to be looking away. I think that will be the split. I actually think Incubus will betray their hiding location in an attempt to gain favor again with Jag.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't Jadis pictured on the cover sans her box? Could be her.
Well, Jadis is a special case:
Not only is she not in her coffin, she is also pictured twice: as a smiling woman, out of a coffin, and with a shadowed silhouette that looks quite ominous. Either it is representative of the duality of her actual personality, either getting out of her coffin led to some... interesting development.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
On another note I know this was announced as the last book, but as we get deeper it feels more and more like there will need to be one more book in this series. It's been one giant fight until now and Zoss and Michael are still a whole level above this, plus I forget his name but the caged Demon who has the favor.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Abaddon said it would be the last book, but I agree: I am very confused about how he would be able to wrap everything up neatly with just this one.

I'm tempted to order all the books when he is done. I really love his art.

Oct 25, 2017
Abbadon has said this is the last book, but also that its the longest book. Narratively, it doesn't even feel like this is going to be the final battle.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I got hooked on this two days ago and proceeded the binge read the whole thing.

This is some *really* inspired stuff.

It feels like there's a massive amount they could do with the world building\side characters that could go on for ages if they wanted to.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
When this finishes I'm gonna need all the pages and select supplemental material hardbound for my shelf.

R1CHO

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I got hooked on this two days ago and proceeded the binge read the whole thing.

This is some *really* inspired stuff.

It feels like there's a massive amount they could do with the world building\side characters that could go on for ages if they wanted to.

Same, but still on book 3.

Thanks OP for posting this.

Amazing detail, the art is soooo god, the mythology is very interesting.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
when you realize soloman probably represents masculinity and white chain fighting him represents finally accepting her feminine side>>