• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be pretty rad if Murdock offers to help Spidey clear his name but without Tony Stark or the Avengers really around any more, Pete thinks nobody would believe he was innocent and decides to instead become a fugitive until he can clear his name.

Then Kraven and Chameleon are employed by Norman Osborne to bring Spiderman in because he believes whatever mutation Pete has is essentially legally owned by Oscorp. When they fail, he decides six super villains would be better able to take Spiderman down.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I would absolutely love for Charlie Cox to reprise his DD again, definitely the best thing about the Netflix Marvel shows.

But, weren't those characters locked behind a contract for an unspecified amount of time?

Oct 26, 2017
That should have been obvious from the original tweet. In fact I thought it was mcucosmic who was spreading that rumour in the first place after Far from home, but I could be wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
Before seeing JK Simmons back as JJ I would have laughed at the idea, but now? Who knows. It went from impossible to unlikely, but that's still a big jump

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Getting She-Hulk would be no problem, since Disney has her. But getting Matt Murdock because of the murkiness of the Netflix fallout is tricky, and given Peter Parker's history with him in the comics, I think the vast majority would want him as the lawyer in Spiderman 3

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I also read the thread title & instantly assumed he was talking about She-Hulk - would make perfect sense, especially with the Disney Plus show happening for that character.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
He will probably be Mike Murdock lol.

When is the time period up between when Marvel cant use the Netflix characters? It was only like 2 years wasnt it?

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I saw the title and immediately assumed She Hulk, surprised at who it says it is. That would super awesome if true. The Defenders or just DD fighting in IW or Endgame would've been amazing but I was always fine with a small cameo too. Murdock could've been crossing the street while we see Spidey swing and I'd geek out.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
There's no way this is happening, even if Cox is the perfect Matt. MCU has been actively trying to distance itself from all the tv shows and only the Disney+ stuff actually matters.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I would absolutely love for Charlie Cox to reprise his DD again, definitely the best thing about the Netflix Marvel shows.

But, weren't those characters locked behind a contract for an unspecified amount of time?
A contract that probably states he can't play (or they can't use) "Daredevil" or "Matt Murdock". Nothing stopping them from having Peter go to a bunch of lawyers for consultations and an unnamed blind lawyer tells him "this isn't the kind of case I work on" and shuts the door in his face.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Idk about this. Heard about this whole daredevil thing A LONG time ago to tie in the Netflix shows and i was like...nah