• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I hope he and everyone else involved recover quickly. That's horrible wow.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those comments about the dudes being on drugs/drunk/driving sure are something.
Woke-era at it again.

Last edited:

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Please provide relevant statute pertaining to this situation.

I assumed it's only a crime if you damaged someone else's property. If you crashed and ended up in a ditch I don't think anyone'll care enough to arrest you for it
because this is most likely based on my quick looksie, and from the story it looks like a report was made regardless, seeing as they have info specific to Hart's actions and condition after the incident.

Last edited:

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing no one was killed based off the pictures!

I hope no serious back injuries were suffered. As someone with a severe back injury, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Jesus this board is getting insufferable with the tone policing. It was a joke about high profile people switching up seats so they're not publicly held accountable.

Don't think the joke landed. A lot of policing does go on but considering details are still rolling in re: this incident specifically I don't think suggesting people put a pin on the hilarity attempts is that much to ask.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
For a guy that has lived life so hard I would hate to see him end up hurt like this

hope everyone recovers, injury's can be very serious

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Car crashes like this are usually not a joking situation. They are lucky to be alive even if there is permanent damage.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Thank fuck that everyone survived, also good that there was no influence in alcohol involved.

I wish Hart and the others a quick recovery as possible. Massive back injuries are never a joke.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Jesus this board is getting insufferable with the tone policing. It was a joke about high profile people switching up seats so they're not publicly held accountable.
Maybe wait to see if anyone suffered paralysis before making with the jokes. That's not tone policing. That's just asking for a little humanity.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ I hope everyone is okay. It would suck if Kevin Hart comes out of this too fucked up to do anything career wise

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
e7fcd7333de741bea683f52b5f1e2e2c_md.jpg

Really a miracle no one was killed
No idea how you survive something like this.

a73ff8fc81814e029a6a706da0556638_lg.jpg

4affc749266246eabbae6b82560de2dc_lg.jpg

No cage....not even a roll bar?
Brave to build an older car thats fast as hell yet not budget for a roll bar.

Surprised nobody died.....but I guess they are all small people so even with the roof crushed they fit in this now convertible.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck did anyone get out of that car alive?

hopefully everyone turns out okay. Man, shit is scary.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird people are rushing in here to call him a criminal. Hope everyone is okay.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Old cars are death traps. I get the vintage appeal but dang
Most old cars aren't typically driven the way that Kevin apparently drove this one, except at drag race tracks. A Barracuda like that is a very valuable car, most enthusiasts won't risk it being totaled by doing stupid shit in it, you got modern muscle cars which are a dime a dozen for that shit.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird people are rushing in here to call him a criminal. Hope everyone is okay.

I don't think he's a criminal and I have no evidence of any malfeasance but he brought suspicion on himself by leaving the scene of the Accident.

I hope he's OK and I hope his passengers are OK but there's nothing normal about being picked up by your security people and taken to your house for medical care so that aspect of the thread rests solely on that decision. I can think of many excuses including wanting to avoid paparazzi - but none of them give him special dispensation to leave the scene of an injury accident and creating a self inflicted cloud of reasonable questions about it.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If he went home, my bet is that it was the shock + adrenalin rush. Then went home and realized how truly fucked his back was. Not really out of the ordinary. People gotta stop rushing to conclusions. He could be on drugs, he could be drunk, he could be speeding or he could be completely legal and his car had some sort of failure. Regardless, the truth comes out at the end - just wait

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think he's a criminal and I have no evidence of any malfeasance but he brought suspicion on himself by leaving the scene of the Accident.

I hope he's OK and I hope his passengers are OK but there's nothing normal about being picked up by your security people and taken to your house for medical care so that aspect of the thread rests solely on that decision. I can think of many excuses including wanting to avoid paparazzi - but none of them give him special dispensation to leave the scene of an injury accident and creating a self inflicted cloud of reasonable questions about it.
Unless you think he moved the other man into the drivers seat to be removed by the first responders, you really shouldn't act like he was driving.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you think he moved the other man into the drivers seat to be removed by the first responders, you really shouldn't act like he was driving.

I don't think anything of the sort - and I never suggested he was driving -- I think he's an important witness who left the scene of an extremely serious accident before emergency services and the police could assist or question him and it's not weird to think that's a really odd thing to do.

And I can tell you what the cops are thinking about one of three people ghosting the scene of a serious accident with injuries and it's probably a lot less charitable.

I'm not sure to be honest why anyone would think this detail is unimportant or not worthy of discussion. We're not his relatives or lawyers or passengers. We're hearing a scary story with a weird element. It's fair game to wonder what he was thinking. Don't you think?

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think anything of the sort - and I never suggested he was driving -- I think he's an important witness who left the scene of an extremely serious accident before emergency services and the police could assist or question him and it's not weird to think that's a really odd thing to do.

And I can tell you what the cops are thinking about one of three people ghosting the scene of a serious accident with injuries and it's probably a lot less charitable.

I'm not sure to be honest why anyone would think this detail is unimportant or not worthy of discussion. We're not his relatives or lawyers or passengers. We're hearing a scary story with a weird element. It's fair game to wonder what he was thinking. Don't you think?
Well you said you hoped the passengers were ok and since there were only 3 people in the car the pluralized passenger would mean Kevin was the driver.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope everyone turns out ok. Not a big fan of Kevin's standup but damn do I respect his work ethic.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017

True, though, I am concerned for Hart and the others involved instead of procedural suspicions of leaving the scene of a fiery wreck to get home health care performed.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Seems weird that he just got out and went home before doing anything else. But seems just as weird for people to make very specific accusations based off of nothing

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
If he doesn't recover, no more "What The Fit" shows. All of that activity would be annoying with a bad back.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
No cage....not even a roll bar?
Brave to build an older car thats fast as hell yet not budget for a roll bar.

Surprised nobody died.....but I guess they are all small people so even with the roof crushed they fit in this now convertible.

wow! that is insane! i hope everyone recovers. but looking at the damage (that car is straight up mangled!) i'm fearing back injury may be meaning spinal cord (any back injury is horrible though).

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Phoenix Wright on the case over here.
Sorry for having a middle School level vocabulary

pas·sen·ger
/ˈpasinjər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: passenger; plural noun: passengers
  1. a traveler on a public or private conveyance other than the driver, pilot, or crew.
    synonyms:traveler, commuter, voyager, rider, fare payer, fare; More
    deck passenger, foot passenger
    "more than fifty passengers escaped injury when the train was derailed"

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
Sorry for having a middle School level vocabulary

pas·sen·ger
/ˈpasinjər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: passenger; plural noun: passengers
  1. a traveler on a public or private conveyance other than the driver, pilot, or crew.
    synonyms:traveler, commuter, voyager, rider, fare payer, fare; More
    deck passenger, foot passenger
    "more than fifty passengers escaped injury when the train was derailed"
I'm going to choose to assume that you're having a rough day or something, and that's why you're acting like this. I hope you feel better tomorrow.✌🏻