Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Alan with the smackdown

20181018-095734.jpg

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a Kentucky resident and I go to about 9 different houses a day for work. So I talk to a lot of different people and have never heard the first of this. I'm glad because I would hate to pretend to be interested in it.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
We went to the Creationist Museum in KY back in August, and it was expensive to get in ($40 or so), they wanted an ADDITIONAL $40 to go to the ark which was 45 minutes away. We did not go.

The musuem is fucking bonkers, though. they went ALL-IN with the dinosaurs plot line, too.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I'm a Kentucky resident and I go to about 9 different houses a day for work. So I talk to a lot of different people and have never heard the first of this. I'm glad because I would hate to pretend to be interested in it.

it's weird because i've seen billboards for it more in Ohio and I think Tennessee than I have when I go back home (Ashland, KY).

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
When it was first built, I remember everyone collectively wondering, "why here". I don't know anyone that's actually been, but I guess I'm not hanging with those groups that would be interested.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
OHHHH, this makes so much sense. I worked in rural Kentucky for the last year and I'd often get asked if I had seen the arc yet... I had no idea what they were talking about so I would just say no. I didn't realize it was this they were talking about.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
There should be a sign to check your brain in at the door.

Edit: it seems Noah took 2 tax accountants on the Ark with him to avoid paying for it.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Last edited:

Nameless Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing says "America" to me like an old white guy, sitting in a 100 Million $ Noah's ark theme park with a "taxing income is stealing" shirt.

Oct 25, 2017
They hit why this isn't that successful immediately when they point out admission is $60. I can go to an actual amusement park with coasters I can ride as much as I want all day for that price. There's just not enough religious fundamentalists with that much cash to ever make this work, even with how heavily subsidized it was.

The only shame here is that Ken Ham is going to emerge largely unscathed through the subsidies he suckered out of the people, versus going down with the ship when this fails.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I live in Ashland and so I work over in Ironton too.

Yeah there is definitely nothing here about it. Thank goodness.

the park is the same distance from Ashland as King's Island-- probably costs about the same to get in.

even if you are deeply religious, which is a better familial experience here? watching your kid pet some fake animals or riding some sick-ass rides.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
You'd think at the least they'd have an aquarium or some bible trivia games. Anything entertaining, really, for $61. You can't even learn anything interesting about the animals without using too much evolutionary biology terminology.

tenor.gif

hey now

there's people from... Tennessee and... West Virginia(?) visiting to... get drunk. And. Stare. At... horses?

My uber driver this past weekend in Nashville said he actually made the hour+ drive from Kentucky every day just to find work.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
You have to remember, this is one of the most conservative flavors of Christianity. Theyre more interested in pushing their own agenda, and unfortunately the "love everybody" part of the bible just doesnt fit in with it. The good news is places like this seem to be dying out and hopefully taking their close mindedness with them.

Wait, did taxpayers pay for that? That is even worse.