• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

E.Balboa

Oct 30, 2017
Florianópolis, Brazil
There is no "gameplay loop" because it's more of an interactive art installation than a traditional "game". It has all the features of an adventure game - you control a character and move around, you can interact with other characters and objects in the world, there are different maps you navigate across, sometimes there are dialogue choices in conversations. But none of that has a real impact in a gamification sense. It's more about the experience of seeing feelings and emotions portrayed in a magical and mystical way. Seeing the themes of the undercurrent of a part of America. The forgotten. The lost. Ghosts of the past. Hope for the future. Fleeting emotions in the wind. Things which could have been. Dreams that were never realised. That sort of thing. It's like going on a backpacking trip with a collection of short stories and reading a little as you travel. It's like taking a sabbatical from the world to explore something else. It's like drowning in your memories and finding that they are shared with others in some way. It's like going to an art museum and finding Alice's rabbit hole that leads into Wonderland.

Yes. Kentucky Route Zero is amazing and it is one of the true pieces of art in the gaming landscape.
Is it something similar to To The Moon , for instance? Cause that's probably the best thing I've experienced on PC so far.

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018
There is no "gameplay loop" because it's more of an interactive art installation than a traditional "game". It has all the features of an adventure game - you control a character and move around, you can interact with other characters and objects in the world, there are different maps you navigate across, sometimes there are dialogue choices in conversations. But none of that has a real impact in a gamification sense. It's more about the experience of seeing feelings and emotions portrayed in a magical and mystical way. Seeing the themes of the undercurrent of a part of America. The forgotten. The lost. Ghosts of the past. Hope for the future. Fleeting emotions in the wind. Things which could have been. Dreams that were never realised. That sort of thing. It's like going on a backpacking trip with a collection of short stories and reading a little as you travel. It's like taking a sabbatical from the world to explore something else. It's like drowning in your memories and finding that they are shared with others in some way. It's like going to an art museum and finding Alice's rabbit hole that leads into Wonderland.

Yes. Kentucky Route Zero is amazing and it is one of the true pieces of art in the gaming landscape.

Wow, sounds awesome

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I really can't believe it's finally coming out. I mean I'm still expecting a delay despite it being so close, but my gosh. One of the greatest games I've ever played. I might double dip and play through it all on PS4.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Not that I mind because I'll be playing on PS4, but I remember the TV edition being announced originally as a Nintendo Console Exclusive. I wonder what the story was there.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Beautifully said!

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've heard this games name for years now, but never tried it out. I'm interested though, and now that it'll finally be complete I can enjoy it the best way possible.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I mind because I'll be playing on PS4, but I remember the TV edition being announced originally as a Nintendo Console Exclusive. I wonder what the story was there.
It was never announced as a Nintendo Switch exclusive. It was revealed via a Nindies Showcase and immediately confirmed by the publisher to be multiplatform.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
It was never announced as a Nintendo Switch exclusive. It was revealed via a Nindies Showcase and immediately confirmed by the publisher to be multiplatform.

Clearly says it there.

Like I said, I don't honestly mind. Just wondering if there was a tale.

EDIT: Looks like it was an error in the original video broadcast. No tale to tell! :)

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Clearly says it there.

Like I said, I don't honestly mind. Just wondering if there was a tale.

Ok, it does say it there, you're right.

Literally corrected by the publisher the very same day though, so it was an obvious mistake on Nintendo's part. So, there's the tale...it was an error. It's been known for the past 2 and a half years it's coming to every modern platform.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Ok, it does say it there, you're right.

Literally corrected by the publisher the very same day though, so it was an obvious mistake on Nintendo's part. So, there's the tale...it was an error. It's been known for the past 2 and a half years it's coming to every modern platform.
Thank you. :) I was not aware of the backtrack.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Purchased it July 2013, was waiting for it to be complete before starting it, and, given the option, I think I would like to play it on a console :/

Kappakerby

Nov 5, 2017
GOG has the season pass on sale for $12 right now. If I get this, I can just play the interludes separately. Right? Basically I'll be getting everything. Right?

Oct 25, 2017
GOG has the season pass on sale for $12 right now. If I get this, I can just play the interludes separately. Right? Basically I'll be getting everything. Right?

The interludes are included as extra downloads with your GoG purchase! They're also available for free as downloads linked on separate pages via the PC edition's web page. Once the game is updated on the 28th, all of the interludes will be rolled into the main game, but they'll probably keep the downloads up anyways.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played the first episode when it released but want to replay it again this week while i'm traveling. The only issue is that I only have my computer with me until I get back but want to play it on the PS4 or Switch. Can I play the first episode on Steam and then skip it on the console release or will I have to play through it again?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played the first episode when it released but want to replay it again this week while i'm traveling. The only issue is that I only have my computer with me until I get back but want to play it on the PS4 or Switch. Can I play the first episode on Steam and then skip it on the console release or will I have to play through it again?

PC version lets you start episodes freely, so imagine it'll be the same on console.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I still need to actually play this. I bought it the day it was available for Xbox, played the first chapter and loved it, and then turned the game off for the night. The next day I misunderstood how the chapter select screen worked and mistakenly loaded the "The Entertainment" interstitial episode instead of Chapter 2. I was bored about a minute in, and only suffered through the whole thing out of morbid curiosity to see just how far up its own ass the game would go.

That put me off playing further, but a few days later I did some Googling to see how on Earth the game is so acclaimed and found out I'd done a stupid.

I also read the context of The Entertainment, that's it was written by one of the characters, it's actually pretty cool knowing that.