The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
Sounds like just a label move. Has to release so many albums for a label before the contract is up. Curious will he will end up

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I have a bad feeling we're about to get full-on Black Israelite Christian Music from this guy. Especially the "oklama" sign off, lol. It could be a tongue-in-cheek nickname (like Kung Fu Kenny), a play off Obama. But we'll see I guess. Hoping for greatness.

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
baby keem coming up is the proof that kenny new label will work out just fine, hope this final TDE album does well even though i'm slightly worried about it not being as good as his earlier work

heard some guys on KTT saying that Jack Antonoff may be involved with this 🤔

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Shit the man spent months without his phone.
Watch out another masterpiece incoming.

Hope he's just going independent because he still young to retire from rap.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not surprised he's ditching TDE, they've been fucking up for years now and have been publicly dragged through the mud by multiple collaborators (SZA). He's an amazing lyricist and human being, I really hope he doesn't retire from the game.

I have a bad feeling we're about to get full-on Black Israelite Christian Music from this guy.

Haven't we kinda… Already been getting this from him all along?

DAMN especially really leans on his faith and doesn't do so while being tongue in cheek or dismissive. I don't think anyone in this thread has a longer history of trash talking Christian music than me but I'd be lying if I said that Kendrick's faith has no place in his music.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
A part of me can't wait to listen to some new music from an artist who's made some of my favorite albums.

A part of me is also TERRIFIED we're about to see some full blown hotep nonsense.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like he's going ascetic but I'm happy for him if it gives him distance and peace from the noise. Ready for a new album.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Haven't we kinda… Already been getting this from him all along?

DAMN especially really leans on his faith and doesn't do so while being tongue in cheek or dismissive. I don't think anyone in this thread has a longer history of trash talking Christian music than me but I'd be lying if I said that Kendrick's faith has no place in his music.

It's been kinda bubbling in the background, but yeah it surfaced more with DAMN. He is of course free to do whatever he likes, and of course his faith drives him in many ways. I just don't know if I'll be interested in something that's super overt and built around a gospel message. He's of course free to make it and people are free to like it.

But I'm putting more thought toward this than I intended to - ultimately we don't know what he's doing next so I'm not going to spend a lot of time talking about what he could do that I wouldn't personally be into. I'm sure whatever he does will have a crazy poetic wrapper around it, so even if he is bringing some out-there theological message it probably won't come across that way at first glance.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I really hope it's good, DAMN. is one of my favorite albums of all time. Queen Bey is also getting ready to release a new album. It's a good week in news for me lol

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like bailing off the label which is good. Dude should start his own ala Macklemore, drop a couple albums, and retire into the sunset.

Unless he wants to do more than a couple more of course.

OP
OP
Lifejumper

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Q saying fuck it and previewing new music on Twitch too with a ACAB anthem.

@2.40

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Reads to me more like he's retiring for good after this album. Doesn't surprise me too much given the lack of any new music since the Black Panther soundtrack. Could see him pulling a Mos Def or Andre 3000 and stepping away when seemingly in his prime.

Dec 12, 2017
Breh went months without a phone…

We bout to win another Pulitzer

59c3ae96d879884a19cb3798_170921-jordan-crying.png
Loool.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
TDE had a major bag, and yet somehow leaned into the biggest L.

Kendrick, Jay Rock, Soul, SZA, Q... any label would kill for that kind of talent, and TDE is squatting on them, for some reason. Good for Kendrick to dip out.

OP
OP
Lifejumper

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The rollout begins (Its a baby keem single).. but yeah we haven't seen him in ages. Starring Oklama.. so this is his new persona for the album.

edit: and in typical Kendrick fashion.. you can reverse the track:

streamable.com

ezgif-2-b29e4214fc8c

Watch "ezgif-2-b29e4214fc8c" on Streamable.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn Kendrick is pissed man. Love it. He's back. Keem did the damn thing too.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017

All tracks found:

FADE TO BLACK
ERIKA KANE
FIGHTER THIEF IN THE NIGHT
END OF THE LINE
EMPTY
DRIVING DOWN DARKNESS
ALE HORSE APOCALYPSE
OF PAUPERS AND POETS
BEFORE THE HANGMAN'S NOOSE
DIRECTOR
COMFORTABLE
FEEL FOR YOU

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
When's the last time a popular rapper said they were retiring and followed through?

Eminem used to make fun of old people rapping and look at him. I think jay said something similar.

He's only saying he's done with his label. He'll continue to release music just on his own terms.