CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, Reggie and now Kaz, the old guard faces of console gaming are leaving the spotlight.

I hope he enjoys his retirement, the guy has done an amazing job basically turn turning Sony around from the cliff edge.

i97p4bk7nduq9.gif

He will be missed.

The gifs are the only reason I can stand going through console launches, all the console war nonsense gets boring, but the gifs, the gifs are pure gold.

It's a shame at the same time, these faces will disappear to time, kids will have no idea who these people were. I'm can barely remember what the big Sony and Nintendo guys look like now.

Bye sweet Sax playing prince.

What a legend.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I am really sad after hearing this :(

I have always associated Kaz with Playstation more, even more than Ken Kutaragi.

I hope there's a dedicated website which hosts all the brilliant Kaz gifs we've had over the years.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
my boy Kaz about to retire and enjoy them +$100K for consultation fees. salute a real one.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Very curious to see Sony's direction as a company will go with his departure. You can't deny the how much he's done for them

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
You gotta respect his achievements, he totally earned it.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, the day before my birthday. Sad to see him go, but congrats on all you've accomplished Kaz! Enjoy the retirement. Happy that he'll still be there to advise management when they need it.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
kaz gifs will go down in gaming history, pre-current gen was quite a ride lol

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even though my heart hurts with this news.

I really hope he enjoys the retirement life to its fullest.

Within 5 years I know Shu is next.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Damn, this seems like a big loss for Sony, but it's good he's still hanging around to advise a bit.

I can't imagine he wasn't a huge part in orchestrating the restructuring of the game studios into leaner teams. Also, any CEO smart enough to give teams with IPs and talent that strong, such huge budgets (nearly every Sony 1st party has been given 5+ years for their PS4 game), to actually finish their games, build truly new and remarkable tech, and flesh out the content that much is hugely instrumental in the companies success.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
The old guard is stepping down. Reggie, Kaz, I kinda expect Miyamoto next (who's already on soft retirement anyway).

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a lot of appreciation for corporate figureheads but I respect what he accomplished and the products that were build during his tenure. I hope the next Sony CEO can do as good of a job and improve some of their divisions like their mobile one.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Gonna miss the guy. While he may not be as much of an on screen personality as Reggie or even Phil, I believe his effect on Sony and guiding them to where they are now shows just shows how much passion he has for this industry and how much he wants to push it forward as an art form.

Man, all the old guard is just going now :(

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Time for the big boss to make a comeback?!

qnerd1gayaiyq8q4g6u5.gif

4D TVs, 8K phones, 240fps VR, Quantum compute powered Playstations lessgo

For reals tho, Kaz did a great job, company is worth 5x as much as when he took over. But almost all the veterans from the Playstation division seem to be going away.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
I like Kaz as much as anyone, but he's practically been out of the industry since he became CEO. He will go down as one if the great industry figures for sure.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Europe passes law to ban memes and the meme'd legend retires. Coincidence? I think not.

He will be missed and good luck to whoever has to fill his shoes.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Guy deserves a lot from Sony. He course corrected a damaged ship. Granted it was a lot of ppl involved but he did have influence in the success.

Take care Kaz.

dtamago

Feb 1, 2019
Man, Sony really IS copying Nintendo in everything, first the direct-like State of Play stream, and now this after Reggie announced his retirement.

(It's a joke BTW)

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It was under his reforms and fat trimming that my job at Sony Canada got outsourced, and I don't blame him one damned bit. He did what was necessary and history has shown it was the right move as Sony is doing better than ever now. I miss those days working there, but I'm pleased the company is healthy and doing well because I love their products.

Enjoy your retirement Kaz!

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Kaz played a huge part in my attachment to the PlayStation brand - both as a businessman and the face of many memes. I kinda want to play Ridge Racer now..