DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That leaves the question of what's happening with the Star Wars movies.

"We have a road map," Kennedy says, although Lucasfilm's big-screen return is unlikely to follow the same relentless cadence as before. A movie from Jojo Rabbit's Taika Waititi and 1917 screenwriter Krysty Wilson-Cairns will likely arrive first, with Rogue Squadron from Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins further off. Is it true that Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige will produce a Star Wars film? "I would love to see what movie he might come up with," Kennedy says. "But right now, no, there isn't anything specifically." And the trilogy from The Last Jedi's Rian Johnson that was announced five years ago? Back-burnered. "Rian has been unbelievably busy with Knives Out and the deal that he made at Netflix for multiple movies."

Source:
www.vanityfair.com

‘Star Wars’: The Rebellion Will Be Televised

An exclusive look at the master plan for ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ with Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, ‘Andor’ with Diego Luna, ‘Ahsoka’ with Rosario Dawson—and a fleet of new shows.

Let the past die if old

EDIT:
Vanity Fair just dropped the whole interview with Kennedy. Here's her full answer about Johnson's future with Star Wars:
One of the enduring questions that the fans have is about Rian Johnson and his future with Star Wars. Is there anything you can tell me about that? I know it's been said that that trilogy is still on. But it's been so many years since it was announced. Is that still the case? Can we resolve what's going on with his idea?

Rian has been unbelievably busy with Knives Out and the deal that he made at Netflix for multiple movies. I've had meetings with Rian; he's somebody that's come in as part of our little brain trust discussions along the way. He remains very committed to what it is we're trying to do. He just literally hasn't had the time to devote. That's what I'm saying: Anyone who comes into the Star Wars universe needs to know that it's a three, four, five-year commitment. That's what it takes. You can't step in for a year and shoot something and then walk away. It just doesn't work that way. So it requires that kind of nurturing.

Last edited:

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Oh Kath

Can't wait to get endless cameos until the series becomes unprofitable

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He is busy to be fair, I'm sure he could still work on the stories on the side when he has spare time.

Considering how they managed the last trilogy I wouldn't start shit unless it was planned out.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
HqpQc1.gif

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Strange how TLJ got critical acclaim and made bank yet LF treats it like it was Batman v Superman or something...

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also if they're willing to say that they decided not to do the Game of Throne's guys movies but aren't do that for Rian Johnson then that should tell you all you need to know.

That trilogy ain't going anywhere. It's just a matter of when it'll get made.

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
damn i still love star wars and this was the project i was looking forward to the most

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
This is a win for everyone. Rian's skills not wasted on SW and used on other interesting properties like Knives Out.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, that's not what Kennedy said at all.

On the other hand, I don't know how many people still genuinely think there's a chance of another Star Wars film with Rian Johnson's involvement ever releasing

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we've had three separate threads about this one Kathleen Kennedy interview today alone.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
Can't blame him for focusing on other stuff. Dude makes the best Star Wars movie in a while and just got shit on for it.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't say that but yea no shit. It's been 5 years and there's been absolutely nothing said about it and Disney is quintupling down on the prequel era after burning through any potential new stories with the sequel trilogy.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting it at this point, but that's not what it said

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Look OP we all know the project has been sent to the shadow realm but still don't make up words that no one said.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Rian Johnson is simply busy with his Knives Out sequels and they'll get back to it when he's ready.

People saying it's cancelled or will be quietly cancelled are weird. They said when stuff like the GoT guys movie was cancelled, why wouldn't they here? Like, maybe they will cancel it eventually, but I don't understand why people think it'll all be in secret lol

I'm not a last Jedi hater at all, but the last Jedi wasn't good. It was a messy sequel to the force awakens in nearly every way.
🤔

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It still surprises me that Netflix threw hundred of millions at knives outs. No surprise that this is where the priority is right now

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I though the Feige project was already announced. Guess that's not a thing.