CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'm always scratching my head when a game is announced with the caveat that it's enhanced for the control method of a specific platform, but that it's also coming to one other platform that doesn't use that.

Optimized for joycons but also coming to just PC? Just seems like a weird way to announce it. It would be something else though if they were like "optimized for joycons on switch and Vive VR on PC!".

As others said hopefully it comes to PS4 down the line, though I'd love a bundle of all the originals in HD. (Including the PS3 game, so long as it gets some enhancements and changes.)

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I'm still just so confused by the switch and pc thing considering katamari has never been on the pc outside of South Korea (with Katamari Damacy Online).

I personally would also have remastered WLK since it's a vast improvement on KD. KD's levels are barren compared to WLK.
I had no idea there was an online Katamari game. Mind is blown.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Katamari is literally the only series that will make me hypocritical about never buying remastered overpriced rereleases.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll dust off the PC.

Having a hard time understanding the Switch/PC combo. Katamari is amazing and everyone should have the opportunity to play.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Disappointed it's only one game. I'd want both PS2 games. I own both on PS2 and could play them right now, but I wanted to have them on my Switch. Oh well. Maybe if this sells well they could do the sequels? Or at least one of them? I never owned the PSP game and only played the demo of the 360 game.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh We ♥️ Katamari edges it out imo
We can do Emoji here now?

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Is the physical version GameStop exclusive? Most of the info I've seen about it so far (Twitter mention, going up for preorder there) suggests this might be the case.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Also, he tweeted something about "going through his old files for a secret project," which many assumed was this so I guess he's cool with it.
Thanx.
I guess it will feel good when more people have a chance to try something you created, and the exclusive mentality really changed in Japan.
what a strange feeling.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Switch + PC? I'm not sure I've ever seen that combination before. Am interested to see how it plays in wide aspect ratio, as part of what made it "work" was the increased visibility on a 4:3 to see where you were going, and this really stood out for me when I fired it up a few years ago.
Katamari was only 20 in the US? it was 4800 yen on release lol
I don't recall if it was that cheap, but it coming in under normal retail was one reason it got a little extra attention. $30 USD today sounds generally fair for a new platform I guess.
Is the physical version GameStop exclusive? Most of the info I've seen about it so far (Twitter mention, going up for preorder there) suggests this might be the case.
Okay, now this would just be silly.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Switch + PC? I'm not sure I've ever seen that combination before. Am interested to see how it plays in wide aspect ratio, as part of what made it "work" was the increased visibility on a 4:3 to see where you were going, and this really stood out for me when I fired it up a few years ago.
I don't recall if it was that cheap, but it coming in under normal retail was one reason it got a little extra attention. $30 USD today sounds generally fair for a new platform I guess.
Okay, now this would just be silly.

Katamari was $20 at launch. I remember getting the last copy at my Gamestop.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, one of the big things about the original Katamari was that it was $20 in the U.S. Pretty funny that the remaster is more expensive. The original Katamari is also a pretty short game that justified the budget price. I hope they add more levels...like stuff from We Love Katamari...wasn't that was Katamari Forever was supposed to be? lol

vix

Nov 18, 2017
Yeah, one of the big things about the original Katamari was that it was $20 in the U.S. Pretty funny that the remaster is more expensive. The original Katamari is also a pretty short game that justified the budget price. I hope they add more levels...like stuff from We Love Katamari...wasn't that was Katamari Forever was supposed to be? lol
Katamari Forever was like a greatest hits of levels combined into one game from three of the games, with a few new ones. I guess it was a way to give the ps3 a game after BK ended up being 360 only.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Best game in the series musically. Can't wait to relive the incredible ending level.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Katamari is literally the only series that will make me hypocritical about never buying remastered overpriced rereleases.

Yup. Well, not the only one for me, but the most pointed. They should've ported Katamari Forever at this price, or at least We <3 Katamari, but I can't stay mad at Katamari. I'll buy it as many times as possible until we get a new game.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Double dipping on both Switch and PC. Anyone even vaguely interested in this should pick it up so that we get more actual Katamari releases!

Mar 17, 2018
I don't even keep my old games but I still have one and two like new in PS2 cases lol. Their soundtracks were 30 bucks plus a piece on CD. Amazing audio work even up to the PS3 release.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I've never played any of these games but I've always been intrigued. Would be awesome If they do a demo or something so I could see if I actually would enjoy it.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
So excited for this. Was hoping they'd go for that control scheme, but seeing it in action really made me want a Virtual On game.

vix

Nov 18, 2017
No, it's actually the worst one.
We love Katamari is the best.
This. :D

I've never played any of these games but I've always been intrigued. Would be awesome If they do a demo or something so I could see if I actually would enjoy it.
Do you enjoy niche games? If yes, go to next question.

Does the thought of rolling a sticky ball around excite you? If yes, go to next question.

Would you enjoy rolling up cats, dogs, people, houses, trees, cities...etc? If yes, go to next statement.

Buy the game.

:)

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
You can get some at mondotees.com right now.

These aren't the Panic Katamari shirts. The Panic shirts were I believe designed by Keita Takahashi himself, and sold through the Panic.com store.

80513686_3a288f8b9b.jpg

1422429-silver_kd.jpg

Untitled-1.png

Best game t-shirts ever (okay, maybe the only good game shirts ever).

Last edited: