• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Fuck you", "fuck off", "we will never forgive you, fuck off". Like, chill. You sound hurt. And hurt people hurt people.
Why are you so triggered over a bipolar celebrity saying crazy shit?

Pretending that everyone else who doesn't like or believe this dude is more emotionally invested than you is such a corny move.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I mean, if you think this about stanning then think what you want. Not a stan of anyone but myself.
This is about internet hive mind mentality. And how people are just one big group of the same people, saying and thinking the same shit.

"Fuck you", "fuck off", "we will never forgive you, fuck off". Like, chill. You sound hurt. And hurt people hurt people.

Kanye has said some dumb ignorant shit recently. He's a confused idiot. Ok. But I just cant wrap my head around people who respond to stupidity with hate. And cant even begin to wrap their head around the slightest thought of forgiveness. it'll make your day better.

And I'll keep it real, "forgiveness" is the wrong word. You don't have to forgive him - but some folks in here sound so very angry and hurt. Kanye Wests political beliefs or ignorant statements should not effect you as much as they do. Seek help. Crazy guy says crazy things. Ok. Cool. Either ignore him, call him out for it, or educate him. But to be all "I wIlL nEvEr FoGiVe YoU!" is sad, and unproductive. my two cents.
Lots of people are rightfully hurt who were fans. He's said and done a lot of stuff that's damaging to a lot of people who used to look up to him for having literally the opposite message.

People have a right to be angry and hurt. I don't understand this criticism. Dude's got a huge ass platform and uses it to spread hate.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to forgive him - but some folks in here sound so very angry and hurt. Kanye Wests political beliefs or ignorant statements should not effect you as much as they do. Seek help.
I agree. Trump's rhetoric never actually hurt anyone in real life after all. Slavery was a choice is just an opinion to have. Not reason to be this angry at that, I mean, slavery never actually really hurt anyone if you think about it.

Hey black folks, Tux_ says there is no reason to be angry. Just go about your everyday life where people are not trying to strip you of your rights or empowering fools to go out and murder you. It's cool, he says. Seek help he says.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Good thing you didn't stir up a boiling maelstrom of shit before this epiphany, you idiot. It says something about our culture that celebrities can be so dumb.

Last edited:

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
I'm not mad at Kanye nor do I feel the need to "forgive" him. He is who he is: an s-tier narcissist who is obsessed with the power of media and celebrity, mixed with stupid views on art as controversy; he thinks he's being subversive or "punk" by supporting Trump. He has no political or idealogical position, he can't even tell you why he supports Trump outside of some vague ramblings about factories. This is about ego and Kanye recognizing Trump as a master of media and how to wield celebrity power.

Candace was always going to fuck this up. She's an incredibly stupid woman who has been elevated by conservative white men who have bought into her grift: that she can "red pill" blacks into supporting republicans. I can imagine how a smart person could have handled this pretty well. Instead she....rolled out a poorly designed website filled with blatantly fraudulent information, peddling poorly designed clothing allegedly tied to Kanye. What better way to fuck up your relationship with Kanye than associating his name with wack clothing.

Kanye still supports Trump based on his aesthetics and media power, I'm sure. But he's going to simply stop pretending to support policies and practices he knows nothing about. He doesn't give a shit about issues.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This...is a no.

First off, I reserve the right of personal judgement of anyone's actions. Others have that right too. You're doing it right now.

Second, as someone who actually gives a shit about the community that bore me, I have no choice but to acknowledge that Kanye West isn't just "some crazy guy." He's a celebrity who's seen as having a voice in the Black community. Kanye markets himself that way. The Trump administration sees him as that, which is why Trump actively courts him. As a Black person, I reserve the right to criticize anybody with a platform as big as Kanye's who uses it to advocate people who actively seek to hurt people like me. It would be irresponsible not to.

Third, a lot of people are thinking the same shit because Kanye has said and done shit that a whole lot of people find reprehensible. That's not a hivemind.

You're free to think whatever you like, no doubt.

But. Im black too. And it pisses me off to no end when we give celebrities such huge voices in our community. Kanyes voice should be nothing more than a great musician. He's not a leader, not some great political figure, not some person of authority, not a highly intelligent/educated person. He's just a rich man who makes great music with a huge voice. His voice is only huge because we've allowed it to be. Who the fuck wants to hear from Kanye West in times of importance? Why do we allow these people to represent us? Just insert the whole dave chappelle Ja Rule Skit here.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Lots of people are rightfully hurt who were fans. He's said and done a lot of stuff that's damaging to a lot of people who used to look up to him for having literally the opposite message.

nailed it. ye morphed into something that contradicts what he was and stood for

stuff like murder to excellence, everything i am, two words, crack music, and gorgeous are the complete inverse of the dragon energy shit. the kanye of those tracks wouldn't fuck with MAGA ye, that's for sure.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
But he's going to simply stop pretending to support policies and practices he knows nothing about. He doesn't give a shit about issues.
This is very true.

There just needs to be a big and loud counter the next time he's got something to promote and he jumps back on Twitter acting like a prophet.

This shit is an act and, again, the man doesn't read books and gloats about it. Kanye should never be taken seriously as a thinker.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you think this about stanning then think what you want. Not a stan of anyone but myself.
This is about internet hive mind mentality. And how people are just one big group of the same people, saying and thinking the same shit.

Kanye has said some dumb ignorant shit recently. He's a confused idiot. Ok. But I just cant wrap my head around people who respond to stupidity with hate. And cant even begin to wrap their head around the slightest thought of forgiveness. it'll make your day better.

And I'll keep it real, "forgiveness" is the wrong word. You don't have to forgive him - but some folks in here sound so very angry and hurt. Kanye Wests political beliefs or ignorant statements should not effect you as much as they do. Seek help. Crazy guy says crazy things. Ok. Cool. Either ignore him, call him out for it, or educate him. But to be all "I wIlL nEvEr FoGiVe YoU!" is sad, and unproductive. my two cents.

This so condescending and patronizing that I just have to laugh at it so i won't be pissed about it.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
So what would you like him to do? And is this not a good start?

I mean fuck, damn. The internet is full of the most unforgiving people.

If these tweets were just the start, and action came later - I bet y'all would still be up in arms.

Im of the firm belief that forgiveness, under the right circumstances, is healthy.

The whole King Kanye meme came from a thread where he "apologized' on a Chicago radio station, BEFORE he appeared on SNL ranting about the cast bullying him over his hat and he met with Trump at the White House.

Same shit different day.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine letting know-nothing jerk offs have the wealth and influence of royalty. That'd be pretty messed up.

Now imagine taxing fabulously rich dummies into the upper-middle class and using the proceeds to fund education and raise up tens of thousands of lower income families and first generation college students. Think about the long term net gain in economic prosperity and general happiness.

Check it out, I just stumbled on a better idea than the US president has had in his entire life.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
No.

But. Im black too. And it pisses me off to no end when we give celebrities such huge voices in our community. Kanyes voice should be nothing more than a great musician. He's not a leader, not some great political figure, not some person of authority, not a highly intelligent/educated person. He's just a rich man who makes great music with a huge voice. His voice is only huge because we've allowed it to be. Who the fuck wants to hear from Kanye West in times of importance? Why do we allow these people to represent us? Just insert the whole dave chappelle Ja Rule Skit here.
So what does it matter if people don't forgive him if he's just another rich guy? What do you care? People don't forgive a multitude of people in their regular life and I don't hear any preaching then.

Last edited:

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you can't make me believe that ye is woke all of a sudden
only reason he's taken this attitude is because all of the blowback he's been getting from his stunts
guy craves attention and only is doing this to get back in the spotlight once more cause he's a fucking narcissist
of course

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I mean fuck, damn. The internet is full of the most unforgiving people.

Im of the firm belief that forgiveness, under the right circumstances, is healthy.

Let me tell you about a little story called "the boy who cried wolf". A boy somehow got eaten for being a dick. Repeatedly. After being warned to stop. And everybody thought he deserved it.

If tonight Kanye goes into the woods and gets eaten by wolves, I feel that he would deserve it more than the boy. At least the boy wasn't a hateful bigot. Can't see how you can disagree with my logic.

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of trying to repair the damage he did he is just going to walk away and act like it didn't happen? That's even worse

Hasn't he done this a few times now?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

It's easy to say that he's just a singer and a rapper but that doesn't remove the reality that there are people who do look to him as an idol and don't just stop listening to him when the music stops. Whether people should care what he says is secondary to the fact that people do and did listen to what he says. He was useful as a tool to the alt-right as a public influence. People shouldn't listen to what the fuck people like Candice Owens says or Dinesh D'Souza and yet they persist because there is a population that does.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
nailed it. ye morphed into something that contradicts what he was and stood for

stuff like murder to excellence, everything i am, two words, crack music, and gorgeous are the complete inverse of the dragon energy shit. the kanye of those tracks wouldn't fuck with MAGA ye, that's for sure.
Yup. It shouldn't be difficult to understand why someone would be upset and angry over Kanye's.. transformation. Regardless of how he got there.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Instead of trying to repair the damage he did he is just going to walk away and act like it didn't happen? That's even worse

Hasn't he done this a few times now?
Ayooo, this is what im talking about.

Repair the damage?

His crazy, illogical opinions did damage? To who? Where tho? He got DESTROYED by that dude (whose name I forget) live on TMZ after that slavery comment. Only damage it did was to himself. Because people turned on him and he came off as ignorant. I guess it also did damage to those that take his word as gospel.

Come on people.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Has he come out and repudiated his specific statements, or just a generic statement of, "I said some non-specific things that made you mad, and I just won't talk about the things that make you mad because I don't want to lose your money"?

Because that shit in the OP is some weak fucking tea. May as well just shout, "I don't want to talk politics anymore! BOTH SIDES! KANYE, OUT!"

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Repair the damage?

His crazy, illogical opinions did damage? To who? Where tho? He got DESTROYED by that dude (whose name I forget) live on TMZ after that slavery comment. Only damage it did was to himself. Because people turned on him and he came off as ignorant. I guess it also did damage to those that take his word as gospel.

Come on people.
You don't think Kanye trying to rebrand MAGA from hate to love/literally embracing Trump and his rhetoric did damage? Providing his platform to Candace Owens? You don't think any of this has a negative impact, especially on young people? Or that it helped empower other alt-right/right wing assholes who were looking for an opportunity like this to push their shitty views?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Can't have your cake and eat it too. Fuck anyone that handwaves this shit and just flatly forgives him.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017

Repair the damage?

Come on people.
This is some naive shit

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is Tux_so hurt and angry that people are upset with Kanye? He cares so much I'm above it all just like Tux_ he should just chill on telling people to chill hurr hurr

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course you will. Hivemind mentality.

You're hurt. And im sorry

mFfHsBgSmQ-6.png

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
But I just cant wrap my head around people who respond to stupidity with hate.
Kanye knew what he was doing and deserves all the hate. Only reason he's dropped the political angle is because it's either losing him money or losing him marketability, he's still a garbage human being. Stop your concern trolling for Kanye.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Candace was always going to fuck this up. She's an incredibly stupid woman who has been elevated by conservative white men who have bought into her grift: that she can "red pill" blacks into supporting republicans. I can imagine how a smart person could have handled this pretty well. Instead she....rolled out a poorly designed website filled with blatantly fraudulent information, peddling poorly designed clothing allegedly tied to Kanye. What better way to fuck up your relationship with Kanye than associating his name with wack clothing.

ahahaha...this is a good point though, i was here wondering what exactly finally pushed him into walking shit back a little bit (the backlash only fed into his dumb "free thinking"/anti cancel culture bullshit), but that was really it, wasn't it? he saw the garbage clothing - not what it was about - and saw all the european folks (who didn't let him into their fashion circles) laughing

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017

I would suggest taking a break from the internet. It's affecting your ability to not sound like an absolute tool.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017

Repair the damage?

Come on people.

I don't understand how you come up with this post after you made the one before it.

It's like, you just got done talking about that celebrities get worshipped or are given too much influence by people... which isn't wrong....but then you're angry that people recognize exactly what you're saying and therefore can consider their actions damaging.

If you'd put two and two together one conclusion should lead you to understand what they mean by 'damage'. it feels like you might consider that some of those 'fuck him' responses are coming from people who share the same frustrations you do.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing you didn't stir up a boiling maelstrom of shit before this epiphany, you idiot. It says something about our culture that celebrities can be so dumb.

More like it says something about our culture that we value the opinions of actors and singers more than scientists and actual experts. I've lost count the number I've times I saw someone on Facebook or twitter not give a shit about a scientific article about global warming or refugees, only to start throwing their full support behind the cause whenever a celebrity they like retweeted it.