• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite track?

• One of the basura trio (ITAKY, Yikes, All Mine)

Votes: 100 21.6%
  • Wouldn't Leave

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No Mistakes (Jmon certified)

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Ghost Town

Votes: 248 53.7%
  • Violent Crimes

Votes: 58 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Lil%20Xan-%20Total%20Xanarchy%20.jpg
Lmao. This was certified trash. I should know I listened to it.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
I really don't know how this album isn't introspective. I expected bleached asshole lyrics for 25 minutes and got a surprisingly subdued look at Kanye's thought process without any overtly crazy MAGA bars or whatever. If you went into this album expecting Hey Mama and felt disappointed I dunno what to tell you really.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter whether or not you claimed you were or weren't going to listen.

The fact that you listened still benefits a Trump Supporter. We're willing to boycott Bill Cosby and R.Kelly but not Kanye? C'mon son. The dude is foul. He doesn't need people showing up for his work, it just enables him to double down.

What if you listen to him via Google Music?

Dr. Dre's Dr.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yall supporting a Trump support by even entertaining the idea of listening. You have more in common with Fox News watchers than you did yesterday :(
This is the strangest logic I have ever seen. It's like planing that five clicks to Hitler game on Wikipedia (or whatever it was) so everything must be bad.
Kanye mentioned driving a Ferrari
Ferrari's are made in Itali
Itali and Germany fought together in WW2
Hitler was in charge of Germany during WW2
Kanye supports Naziism!

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
T'Challa Shakur said:
The fact that you listened still benefits a Trump Supporter. We're willing to boycott Bill Cosby and R.Kelly but not Kanye?

wooooow, is this real? Cosby and R. Kelly weren't boycotted for their off the wall political beliefs. To put those on the same level is disingenuous.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the strangest logic I have ever seen. It's like planing that five clicks to Hitler game on Wikipedia (or whatever it was) so everything must be bad.
Kanye mentioned driving a Ferrari
Ferrari's are made in Itali
Itali and Germany fought together in WW2
Hitler was in charge of Germany during WW2
Kanye supports Naziism!

I don't think they are making that far of a stretch and some of the dumb ass shit Kanye has said recently in regards to Trump.

But also it's Kanye he's always had the attitude of being a dick than a swallower.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The fact that you listened still benefits a Trump Supporter. We're willing to boycott Bill Cosby and R.Kelly but not Kanye? C'mon son. The dude is foul. He doesn't need people showing up for his work, it just enables him to double down.

You think Kanye running his fool mouth is on the same level as Bill Cosby and R Kelly raping dozens of women?

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

Kanye spewing nonsense to get attention on him before he releases music =/ sexual assault.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the thing that makes him so great is that he has changed and reinvented himself and his music so regularly? you're allowed to like those albums, but I don't think you're allowed to hold it against him for not making grad school or whatever.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
The album feels slightly rushed but it is quientissential Kanye - an unpredictable romp that will leave you guessing. One of the reasons I like Kanye is because none of his albums sound the same.He is always trying something different and it never really feels forced. I think all of his albums can slot themselves appropriately for my many moods.

I have favorites but I can appreciate them all in their own ways.

T'Challa Shakur

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There were significantly more women and families destroyed by slavery in the US than Bill Cosby and R.Kelly combined.

Kanye saying that the victims of slavery made a choice to endure such trauma is just as bad as Victim blaming the women affected by Cosby and Kelly.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
I love Ghost Town but also kid cudi should have his larynx removed to spare the rest of us

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
The last two tracks are bangers for suresure the rest is forgettable as of right now. I will give it some time maybe it will grow on me.

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting this to be a lot worse but I'm liking it more after repeated listens. There are definitely some extremely weak points though.

Deleted member 11113

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ghost Town hit me hard. Love the MBDTF guitar, the production overall, Kanye singing one octave higher than usual, and the incredible buildup. Gives me a similar feeling as listening to the end of M83's Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. I almost wish it was the final track, but then Violent Crimes would have nowhere to go.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
There were significantly more women and families destroyed by slavery in the US than Bill Cosby and R.Kelly combined.

Kanye saying that the victims of slavery made a choice to endure such trauma is just as bad as Victim blaming the women affected by Cosby and Kelly.
Right he's a very stupid and volatile man but I'm losing you at where that means nobody should even consider listening to his music because that enables oppression now. Kanye doesn't even know any policy now he just says wild shit because he's a bipolar narcissist mega celebrity. as always and forever listening or not listening to artists based on levels of problematicness isn't what actually decides where the country goes politically. Politics–voting, campaigning, protesting, policy-making–decides that.

Thornton Reed

Oct 30, 2017

There is a difference between saying some shit and doing some shit.

I've always separated art from artists. You have to other wise you couldn't watch sports, turn on the tv or open a book.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Right he's a very stupid and volatile man but I'm losing you at where that means nobody should even consider listening to his music because that enables oppression now. Kanye doesn't even know any policy now he just says wild shit because he's a bipolar narcissist mega celebrity. as always and forever listening or not listening to artists based on levels of problematicness isn't what actually decides where the country goes politically. Politics–voting, campaigning, protesting, policy-making–decides that.

And this is the sort of campaigning that Kanye decided to promote last night:

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
070 Shake's bit by itself isn't particularly amazing as triumphant anthems come and go but Cudi and Kanye's buildup to it makes it feel so earned

Status
Not open for further replies.