• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile Charlamagne gets one preview of Kanye's new albums, and the Breakfast Club becomes noticeably quiet today about Kanye and his alt-right support tweets.
I guess the best thing to do is to wait. I want to believe but I just can't. My hype has dipped but I'm still there day one like always.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think that it's a joke.
1*cbb6_xuOUTrMH362tJNPkQ.png

Oct 31, 2017
Meanwhile Charlamagne gets one preview of Kanye's new albums, and the Breakfast Club becomes noticeably quiet today about Kanye and his alt-right support tweets.

Wow, that's crazy to hear. I thought Charlemagne was so big and bad. I'm expecting Desus & Mero to go in on Ye tonight.

Everyone's getting dragged into this vortex

Donald said a lot of questionable shit. No one expected him to be the man he is today, it just happened sorta of like Kanye's implosion in reverse

wtf? Why is he trying to crab barrel Donald down with him? Glover's over here making seminal black art, making historic moves like the first all black writers room. Donald didn't do all that work to go back to shuffling his feet on command like Koonye

Donald said a lot of questionable shit. No one expected him to be the man he is today, it just happened sorta of like Kanye's implosion in reverse

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
How long before the "free thinker" moniker becomes a thing for all of those alt-right conservative types?

Going through all of those tweets is pretty disheartening. Dude fell off super hard and is doubling down.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How long before the "free thinker" moniker becomes a thing for all of those alt-right conservative types?

Going through all of those tweets is pretty disheartening. Dude fell off super hard and is doubling down.

People don't and will continue to not care because they're gonna be getting new albums he's producing

so it'll make him exempt from all these comments

unless the albums are all trash of course

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Whatever path Kanye seems to be going down, Glover seems to be the complete opposite of that. Go read his fake Deadpool script that pissed off right wingers because they viewed it as being too "SJW". Or read this New Yorker profile on him

Jordan Peele, the writer and director of the racial-horror film "Get Out," said, "For black people, 'Atlanta' provides the catharsis of 'Finally, some elevated black shit.' " For white people, Glover wants the catharsis to be an old-fashioned plunge into pity and fear. "I don't even want them laughing if they're laughing at the caged animal in the zoo," he said. "I want them to really experience racism, to really feel what it's like to be black in America. People come to 'Atlanta' for the strip clubs and the music and the cool talking, but the eat-your-vegetables part is that the characters aren't smoking weed all the time because it's cool but because they have P.T.S.D.—every black person does. It's scary to be at the bottom, yelling up out of the hole, and all they shout down is 'Keep digging! We'll reach God soon!' "

On African-American shows, racial anxiety often gets dramatized as a special episode about the N-word. On "Black-ish," the Johnson family argued about its propriety, and Dre, the father, finally told his son—who'd been suspended from school for singing along to the word in Kanye West's "Gold Digger"—to "hold off on saying it until you know the history of it, to make your own decision." On "The Carmichael Show," on NBC, a similar family debate ensued after a white friend of Jerrod's greeted him with "My nigga!" Jerrod's girlfriend, Maxine, said, "It's the last word that so many black people heard as they were being hung from trees," but Jerrod contended that "everyone should just use the word constantly, so much until it dilutes its power, it makes it meaningless."

Glover said, of these episodes, "No black people talk to each other like that, or need to. It's all for white people." ("Black-ish" 's audience is about one-fifth black; "Atlanta" 's is half black.) FX told Glover to avoid the N-word in his pilot; the network's compromise position was that only a white character who says "Really, nigga?" and "You know how niggas out here are" could use it. Recalling the dispute, Glover exclaimed, "I'm black, making a very black show, and they're telling me I can't use the N-word! Only in a world run by white people would that happen."

Stefani Robinson had wandered over to listen in. She brought up "Twelve Years a Slave," the 2013 film that won the Academy Award for Best Picture. "It's all about Benedict Cumberbatch, but white people don't see that," she said.

Glover nodded. "If black people had made that movie," he said, "they wouldn't focus on the evil white dude, Michael Fassbender, but on Cumberbatch, who knows slavery is wrong, but who still takes advantage of it—which makes him the more painful, horrible monster. On our show, we sometimes have a problem with white actors playing what they think we want them to be: the villain. But it's more painful if you think you're not the villain." Returning to the film, he said, "And there definitely wouldn't be a Brad Pitt character who comes in and saves the black guy and makes white people feel good about themselves." A low murmur came from the den.

Didn't black people actually make "Twelve Years a Slave"? "Yeah," Glover said. "But in the white system." He picked up a rock from the fire pit, then dropped it and blew on his fingers. "If 'Atlanta' was made just for black people, it would be a very different show. But I can't even begin to tell you how, because blackness is always seen through a lens of whiteness—the lens of what white people can profit from at that moment. That hasn't changed through slavery and Jim Crow and civil-rights marches and housing laws and 'We'll shoot you.' Whiteness is equally liquid, but you get to decide your narrative." For the moment, he suggested, white America likes seeing itself through a black lens. "Right now, black is up, and so white America is looking to us to know what's funny." In "Get Out," a blind white art dealer tells Chris, a black photographer whose body has been auctioned off for use by whites, "I want your eye, man—I want those things you see through."

"If I was the white version of me, I'd be, like, 'My company has a death clause,' " he went on. "If we're not doing what we're supposed to be doing, we should shut down." Why not put in a death clause as the black version of you—as, in fact, you? He laughed in disbelief. "The system is set up so only white people can change things," he said. "If I gave a dog an iPhone, it couldn't use it, because a dog doesn't have an opposable thumb—that's true of everything made for white people. I can say there's a problem, you can all laugh at it, but it has to be a group of you guys who change it, because it was made by and for you." He went on, "In a weird way, I feel bad for white people. You guys have put yourselves in the adult position, but you refuse to see it—you're so lazy. Paying reparations is realistic, but you just don't want to do it, so you don't let yourself see how things are. So, yeah, I can't help you anymore."

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/05/donald-glover-cant-save-you

He's definitely eccentric, but that doesn't mean you've got to be on the path that Kanye is on.

Nothing1016

Oct 25, 2017
California

Yup. He doesn't care about the alt-right policy, he just cares about this ridiculous free thinker nonsense. He is grown man that has essentially be brainwashed from living in a bubble full of rich people.

Trying to fight for love, end violence in Chicago, end bullying, and promoting acceptance, are all valiant beliefs by Kanye and Kim. Associating yourself with Owens and Trump because they are talking about these issues, or willing to listen, is just asking for yourself to be played. Kanye West is just incredibly naive and ignorant about the world around him. He is delusional.

He probably doesn't even realize that Nas is gonna have songs on his album that go against everything Trump and Owens stand for. Hell, he will probably have songs that the alt-right will disagree with. Its so unfortunate that Kanye West is so easily influenced.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Yup. He doesn't care about the alt-right policy, he just cares about this ridiculous free thinker nonsense. He is grown man that has essentially be brainwashed from living in a bubble full of rich people.

Nope. The Kardashians have, thorough Pimp Mama Kris, been many things, but I Kanye has influenced Kim more than she had influenced him.

The Kardashian life is everything he has ever wanted.

That was clear to me when Kim was in a profile piece taking about how Kanye will regularly send her emails about "hot" brands and products and suggests stuff she should be wearing and promoting. He's ALL about it.

Oct 31, 2017
It's amazing that the right is celebrating one of the most constantly insufferable celebrities hinting that he's on their side and they celebrate as if he's so respected and politically influential. He's a pop artist who got people to wear shades.

It's not like Ta-Nehisi Coates ore Kendrick Lamar came out with a love for trump... it's fucking Kanye West.

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
I can see it now. One of his tracks is just named "Vampires"

Edit: Oh fuck, I didn't even see that Alex Jones tweet.

Fuck everything.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing that the right is celebrating one of the most constantly insufferable celebrities hinting that he's on their side and they celebrate as if he's so respected and politically influential. He's a pop artist who got people to wear shades.

It's not like Ta-Nehisi Coates ore Kendrick Lamar came out with a love for trump... it's fucking Kanye West.
It's because this is the first time a relevant celeb has acknowledged their views and seemingly agreed with them. Especially since the guy has a large black following which they think they can influence through him.

I guess they haven't noticed yet that the majority of black folks are calling him out as cooning.

Nov 27, 2017
Alex Jones and Kayne would be an awesome spectacle. Obviously they wouldn't openly call for the oppression of The Jews and blacks etc and would keep it focused only to the safer far right talking points like illegal immigration which only fascists and racists are against.

Oct 27, 2017
I want Donald Glover to fire back, and straight up be like, "Don't drag me into your bullshit, fam" or more succinctly, "Don't @ me, fam"

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Kanye doesn't seem to think about anything he does with any real depth. To him this is just a provocation on the same level as interrupting Taylor Swift.

Not that that makes it any less reprehensible, it just comes from a wilful sociopolitical naiveté.

Yeah, that's basically how I saw it as well. He can literally afford to not really think or care about anything.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
He's my theory on why Kanye is actually dead and its an imposter.

His Candace Owen tweet was on Saturday, my 25th Birthday. Guess who wasn't supposed to make it past 25? Kanye.

coincidence? Probably

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if ye went back off his meds because Virgil snatched up his dream job at LV and ye can't handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.