• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I know it's easy to rag on Kanye because of his recent turn but both of those tracks are utter shit.
I thought there was going to be some kind of retribution with how you started the sentence. Oop.

Like, I know it's easy to rag on Kanye because of his recent turn and because both of those tracks are utter shit, but <insert sliver lining here>.

Glad to see my favorite YouTube video of all time being sampled in a Kanye track

Why is this so funny?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm listening to Collage Dropout right now. All Falls Down.. such a great song. It's haunting, as if this album was foreshadowing who he is now.

What happened

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Okay. I can't stop listening to this . . . Am I a wretched person?

first part, it's like, okay, i can fuck with this

giphy.gif

but then you hear it
the track changes tone
you know it's a' comin'

tumblr_mysbysNvs91qb0snwo2_250.gif

dooptity doop scoop poop

EuphoricAshamedGerbil-max-1mb.gif

alas replay

giphy.gif

fancs

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
People haven't realized that this song is just a way to be silly and put a smile on people with the lyrics. Because they're dumb, silly, you will repeat them, and will "lift" you up.

The beat is fire and upbeat.

This song is a solid 7/10

"Ye vs The People" is trash and I hope the song leads to Kanye doing an album about going full anti-trump little by little. Or at least leaning both sides.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course some mediocre tunes have people forget the trash this clown really is, even in light of recent events. Never change people.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm aware of that. That doesn't suddenly excuse your shitty social/political viewpoints. I feel for the guy because it obviously impacted him in a huge way. But how long are we gunna give him a pass for all the shit he says and does?
what shitty political viewpoints? the only political viewpoint he's made clear is that he supports gun control.

Dec 9, 2017
Yeah, I'm aware of that. That doesn't suddenly excuse your shitty social/political viewpoints. I feel for the guy because it obviously impacted him in a huge way. But how long are we gunna give him a pass for all the shit he says and does?
Im sorry, but am I missing something?

We've been giving Kanye a pass?.....A pass to do what? (I keep hearing this statement all over the place, but I don't understand it)
What has Kanye been out here doing or saying, that the law doesn't allow?

What has Kanye been doing that's so disgusting and vile? What is this magical "pass" people seem to be giving him?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Im sorry, but am I missing something?

We've been giving Kanye a pass?.....A pass to do what? (I keep hearing this statement all over the place, but I don't understand it)
What has Kanye been out here doing or saying, that the law doesn't allow?

What has Kanye been doing that's so disgusting and vile? What is this magical "pass" people seem to be giving him?
A pass doesn't mean "he did something illegal and people don't care"; it means he's expressed shitty political views and people will still say stuff like "he doesn't mean it he's only trolling".

He can wear a fucking MAGA hat, rap with it on, have a track with TI defending his shitty viewpoints that harm people every single day, support conservative political voices/activists that blame black people for "self victimization", effectively dismissing real consequences the past has on the present.

Talks about loving people who have different views, dismissing legitimate struggles and feelings people have who are oppressed. I can go on and pull up all the shit he's done if you want but most of it is on his Twitter.

Declared that he would have voted for Trump had he voted (months ago).

So I'm not sure why I need to explain all this shit when it's pretty clear why people are pissed off at him.

Dismissing all this and eagerly awaiting his next album as if it's not a big deal (or pretending like he's just fooling everyone and doesn't actually hold these viewpoints) is giving him a pass. It has nothing to do with legalities. It has everything to do with him perpetuating shitty right wing talking points that hurt millions of people.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017
A pass doesn't mean "he did something illegal and people don't care"; it means he's expressed shitty political views and people will still say stuff like "he doesn't mean it he's only trolling".

He can wear a fucking MAGA hat, rap with it on, have a track with TI defending his shitty viewpoints that harm people every single day, support conservative political voices/activists that blame black people for "self victimization", effectively dismissing real consequences the past has on the present.

Talks about loving people who have different views, dismissing legitimate struggles and feelings people have who are oppressed. I can go on and pull up all the shit he's done if you want but most of it is on his Twitter.

So I'm not sure why I need to explain all this shit when it's pretty clear why people are pissed off at him.

Dismissing all this and eagerly awaiting his next album as if it's not a big deal (or pretending like he's just fooling everyone and doesn't actually hold these viewpoints) is giving him a pass. It has nothing to do with legalities. It has everything to do with him perpetuating shitty right wing talking points that hurt millions of people every single day.
You're giving this musician way too much power.
Just listen to the music dude lol

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
...his 28 million Twitter followers make him a pretty influential figure? I don't think anyone should be treating his tweets like genuine political viewpoints but you really can't deny his tweets have reach

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
You're giving this musician way too much power.
Just listen to the music dude lol
Welp

This is the whole dismissal thing I was talking about

I never said you shouldn't listen to any of his music (he's got a lot of fantastic tracks) but failing to recognize his shitty viewpoints and how they have any negative impact is definitely giving him a pass.

DHARMA PUNX

Banned
Mar 22, 2018

Dismissing all this and eagerly awaiting his next album as if it's not a big deal (or pretending like he's just fooling everyone and doesn't actually hold these viewpoints) is giving him a pass. It has nothing to do with legalities. It has everything to do with him perpetuating shitty right wing talking points that hurt millions of people.
heaven forbid someone say they would have voted for the current president of the country they live in. how dare he!?

lol y'all coming off salty as fuck.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
...his 28 million Twitter followers make him a pretty influential figure? I don't think anyone should be treating his tweets like genuine political viewpoints but you really can't deny his tweets have reach
sort of where i'm at

although i wouldn't really let an entertainers' opinion color my worldview, but i cant deny that some people put a lot of stock into what they have to say , so in that regard yeah i would say his tweets have been somewhat dangerous, probably moreso to youths than anyone else

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
heaven forbid someone say they would have voted for the current president of the country they live in. how dare he!?

Yeah, those are the shitty viewpoints I was talking about. If you voted for Trump or would have, you support everything that he's done and will do. This is controversial? He's been a walking dumpster fire since he stepped foot in the WH.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If he said that with Bush or something that's one thing.
With Trump is a whole 'nother issue. Remember Trump's announcement speech that he was running for POTUS? He came out talking about that damn wall and some thinly veiled racism about Mexicans.
And it's not like "oh that's just one aspect of Trump's politics". Nah, dude is just as short sighted and small minded in every other aspect. Saying shit like Trump is my brother is saying you support that.
Don't act dumb here.

Slixshot

Oct 27, 2017
So I listened to the track. It feels like Kanye is headed in a similar direction as Shia LeBouf

DHARMA PUNX

Banned
Mar 22, 2018
Yeah, those are the shitty viewpoints I was talking about. If you voted for Trump or would have, you support everything that he's done and will do. This is controversial? He's been a walking dumpster fire since he stepped foot in the WH.
Don't read the news much, do you?

front page CNN as of a day ago:

Trump deserves credit for Korean thaw
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/27/politics/donald-trump-korea/index.html

Still, the summit between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in keeps alive the possibility of a legacy win for Trump that would rank as one of the top presidential achievements since World War II.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
Sure you can say he's just an entertainer but there is always danger in the continued normalization of this administration and it's policies.

DHARMA PUNX

Banned
Mar 22, 2018
User Warned: Personal attack. Arguing in bad faith.
Lol, yeah because he did a couple things right that excuses the 1000 other horrendous things he's done since he started.
congrats, you managed to completely contradict yourself in a whopping 2 posts. you're a clown. stop backpedaling. your last 2 posts show how incredibly ignorant you are. I'm done with you.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
congrats, you managed to completely contradict yourself in a whopping 2 posts. you're a clown. stop backpedaling. your last 2 posts show how incredibly ignorant you are. I'm done with you.
Lol, I say he's been a dumpster fire since he walked into office, and you post one thing that can be interpreted as positive and spout off "you contradicted yourself".

Congrats on bailing on a conversation after making a terrible argument.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Trump has undeniably been a nonstop dumpster fire clusterfuck piece of human garbage for decades and he's turning the US into one too.

Oct 30, 2017
please provide examples of these objectively awful presidents that did "some positive things" that amount to "a legacy win that would rank as one of the top presidential achievements since World War II."

I'll wait.

First of all, I'm not going to honor your argument since nothing has actually been accomplished yet. The very article you linked says it will be years before we see the progress necessary to judge this whole affair. I know you and your ilk are VERY desperate for something to cling to but perhaps you should cool yourself a bit because this is our country's national security at stake. Secondly, Richard Nixon. You may have heard of something called the Vietnam War that ended during his presidency. He also enacted many domestic policies/agencies which are still around today.

Objectively awful for the disgrace he brought on the presidency, but still did some positive things. Now maybe you can grow up and stop calling people clowns while refusing to take the bare minimum effort to capitalize the beginning of your sentences like this is a Youtube comment section.

Last edited: