• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well?

• For

Votes: 2,269 81.1%
  • Against

Votes: 530 18.9%

• Total voters

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Cool cool cool cool cool. Someone in bed with the catholic church who chose to ignore victims of sexual assaults and their multiple pleas to reveal the name of their abusers. Awesome. Why are people cheering?!?!

Because Warren literally never had a shot? It's not like the field was dripping with perfect choices and he picked the worst one, it was a bunch of "well maybe?" options and he picked the one that runs the smallest risk of fucking him or the Senate over.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot fathom being excited for her considering her awful record as California's AG. Just did everything in her power to punish the poor and protect corrupt trash like Steve Mnuchin. It's going to be sickening watching people pretend this person was a champion of righteous causes when she's been anything but.

Her and Biden are still better than Trump, but God this is bleak.

This is where i'm at as well

She jailed single black mother's for God's sakes

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
She isn't as qualified as warren was sadly but she is still qualified, will do well at the job and was my 2nd pick. Disappointed it wasnt warren but either way kamala harris will do more good for the country in 1 week as a VP than trump did in his entire 4 years.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I'm super ok with the posters in here being disappointed in the pick.

because I know each and every one of you is gonna do the right thing come November.

Kamala's prosecutorial record is super, super disappointing, but her Senate vote record made her pretty much the furthest left of the choices who had a chance with the exception of Warren. I really don't know who people were expecting who would be so much better.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I am cool with this. I still preferred Stacey Abrams if we are talking woc, and in my heart really would have wanted it to go to Warren, but I liked Kamala for the most part in the primary, she is a good age, and can probably more than make up for whatever nimbleness Biden lacks.

Also thank God it isnt Rice.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Kamala's great and can take over immediately if needed. Looking forward to voting for this ticket, and then for one with her at its head down the line.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Rice would've lit up Fox and the GOP rank and file for Benghazi 2. Kamala's history is already baked in mostly.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well she certainly isn't left. I have to clarify myself, I don't think voters on the left have to be won over, the vast majority of them are gonna vote for Biden regardless and he is gonna win but just this idea that leftist candidates have to accomodate the needs of the moderate voters but not vice versa pisses me off. For months he had to hear and listen how Bernie HAS to pick a moderate running mate. Just think of the poor suburban white moms he would allienate. But nothing about how Biden or other moderates have to appeal to left voters? It's just this constant feeling of the democratic establishment not caring one bit about the needs of their left wing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/moderates-cant-win-white-house/606985/
This is almost objectively untrue, at least in terms of American politics. Her ideological score during her time in the senate is almost as far left as you can possibly go. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/kamala_harris/412678

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
This was the moment Harris became VP

190628-kamala-harris-al-1335_45f2535cef6ec81082477b7008226b0f.fit-2000w.jpg

www.nbcnews.com

Kamala Harris walks back her hand-up moment on health care

The California senator raised her hand when asked if she'd get rid of private health insurance, but said Friday she misunderstood the question. It wasn't the first time.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Kamala is gonna straight Jordan dunk on Pence. She's got this. Biden knew what he was doing.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Clyburn on MSNBC, someone give that man a statue. He may well have saved the US by backing Biden in SC.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well she certainly isn't left. I have to clarify myself, I don't think voters on the left have to be won over, the vast majority of them are gonna vote for Biden regardless and he is gonna win but just this idea that leftist candidates have to accomodate the needs of the moderate voters but not vice versa pisses me off. For months he had to hear and listen how Bernie HAS to pick a moderate running mate. Just think of the poor suburban white moms he would allienate. But nothing about how Biden or other moderates have to appeal to left voters? It's just this constant feeling of the democratic establishment not caring one bit about the needs of their left wing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/moderates-cant-win-white-house/606985/
I mean it sucks but the difference here is that there are way more moderates in the US then progressives. And most of those progressives belong to notoriously unreliable demographics who can't be counted on to actually vote even when they like the candidate

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the part of the thread, where we once again have to beat people over the head with the fact that Harris has one of the most progressive voting records in the Senate, beating out Warren and Sanders?
Narrative overrides fact. For Republicans and Democrats. So much so that the media is often more interested in measuring narrative than they are in reporting facts.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
It's less that I'm excited about Harris and more I'm just relieved it's not Rice. I don't love Harris but she's a safe pick who makes sense strategically and picking Rice and bringing Benghazi back into the national conversation would have been a disaster.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
Got a little worried with some of the names that were popping up last minute. Glad it's Harris.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good for her, but I don't understand the hype. A California liberal appeals to nobody but the already established based.
She has a progressive voting record so outside of Warren was arguably the best choice but yeah, strategically not sure how this is going to appeal to the midwest states. Further shes not exactly super popular with progressives either.