브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USr5C0QXMVw
www.youtube.com

aespa 에스파 'Long Chat (#♥)' Universe

aespa's 1st album "Armageddon" will be released on May 27th, 6PM (KST).💿 https://aespa.lnk.to/Armageddon🔗 https://aespa.comaespa's "Supernova" is out! List...

Yeah... Not really feeling this one. It's not bad, just not very aespa, if that makes sense. At least it's not what I like about them.

It's not very A-Side aespa, but it is very B-Side aespa (Thirsty, YOLO, Yeppi Yeppi, Life's Too Short)

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Hope you enjoy it, the show definitely helped me learn their names.
watched the first episode, very entertaining and pure chaos indeed.
This video is way less entertaining but still great since it introduces all 24 members one by one. Not sure how I feel about them having a thirteen year old member though.....

youtu.be

[ENG SUB] ✨하나이자 스물넷입니다✨ 도쿄에서 야끼소바 팔다가 데뷔한 '트리플에스(tripleS)' 멤버는 누구~? | 뜬다방 EP.12

드디어 24인조 완전체로 컴백한 트리플에스(tripleS)가 뜬다방에 왔다구~✨24명의 친구들 모두 어떤 매력을 가지고 있는지한 명 한 명씩 냉철하게 분석해봤다구우~🧊춤이면 춤, 성대모사면 성대모사~💥SSS급 예능 원석들을 발견했다구우~ 🎥제작 : 포도크리에이티브📧비즈니스 ...
Latest Palette episode is enjoyable as always. By far my favorite of all these kind of shows. She always knows how to make the guests as comfortable as possible plus the song switch segment is amazing. Knew DO only through his music, what an endearing guy.

youtu.be

[아이유의 팔레트🎨] '뚀'렷! '경'례! 박'수'! (With 도경수) Ep.25

[IU's Palette] DDOTTENTION! Bow! Applause! (With Doh Kyungsoo) Ep.25[아이유의 팔레트] '뚀'렷! '경'례! 박'수'! (With 도경수) Ep.25#아이유 #팔레트 #도경수[IU Official SNS]YouTube ▶ htt...

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I see.... I don't get why not do it for the full song but ok, just some very expensive song previews.

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
kombucha-ugh.gif

Seeing this news as a Limelight fan that was waiting for Mashiro and Yeseo but also as someone who enjoys some of Kep1er's stuff.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Well I've reached a point where I don't think I have it in me to really get into new kpop groups. At least not for a long time. My partner has been watching a lot of ILLIT stuff and it hit me that my heart isn't in it. Not just for them, but plenty of others whose music I also think is quite good.

LSF has gone through the most rancid, artificial backlash I've seen since Sulli died. And the vibes are similar. Antis realized the people they hate aren't going away like they wanted, so the only answer was to try to bully them away.

Thankfully the comments on all their stuff has dramatically improved. FEARNOT have taken to spamming the most supportive comments on all their stuff. It's nice. But the entire situation was taxing. I can't even imagine how much worse it was for the actual group; the ones stuck enduring the assault. All of that has led me to where I'm at. The last time I fell off hard was because of Sulli. It's worse this time because it's not the first time. I think I'm just done with new fandoms for the foreseeable future. I got my handful of groups I like (LSF, IVE, KIOF, NJ, "LOONA" girlies) and that's it.

Anyone else just get tired of watching these people struggle for literally no reason? Kpop is an unreasonably hard and unfair industry on its own. I don't know why people on the outside have decided to make it even worse.

Anyway, LSF's new season of Day Off has been good (unsurprisingly). Eunchae on this week's episode broke me, and I think that's what set me on this path to making this post. It didn't help that it was filmed just as the hate brigade for Yunjin was ramping up. Even so it warms my heart that they at least got to do some fun and relaxing stuff (even though they still ultimately had to film it for a show).

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Anyone else just get tired of watching these people struggle for literally no reason?
I just don't read comments or care at all what people have to say. For groups I'm into, like Twice, I listen to the music and I watch their content. I never look at comments and I have no idea what people think of them because it doesn't matter to me.

Same with video games. I just stay away from discourse. Paying attention to that stuff will drive you nuts.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I just don't read comments or care at all what people have to say. For groups I'm into, like Twice, I listen to the music and I watch their content. I never look at comments and I have no idea what people think of them because it doesn't matter to me.

Same with video games. I just stay away from discourse. Paying attention to that stuff will drive you nuts.
Honestly I stopped with the comments for awhile and only recently peeked and saw they were back to normal. It just hurts knowing that it's happening even if I'm choosing not to engage with it. I've seen my favs from back in the day cut down and ruined by this stuff. I had hoped after so many suicides we'd be beyond this but nope. Which is why it's especially gross to me when LSF members get name dropped in this awful mess in HYBE that has literally nothing to do with them.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Well I've reached a point where I don't think I have it in me to really get into new kpop groups. At least not for a long time. My partner has been watching a lot of ILLIT stuff and it hit me that my heart isn't in it. Not just for them, but plenty of others whose music I also think is quite good.

LSF has gone through the most rancid, artificial backlash I've seen since Sulli died. And the vibes are similar. Antis realized the people they hate aren't going away like they wanted, so the only answer was to try to bully them away.

Thankfully the comments on all their stuff has dramatically improved. FEARNOT have taken to spamming the most supportive comments on all their stuff. It's nice. But the entire situation was taxing. I can't even imagine how much worse it was for the actual group; the ones stuck enduring the assault. All of that has led me to where I'm at. The last time I fell off hard was because of Sulli. It's worse this time because it's not the first time. I think I'm just done with new fandoms for the foreseeable future. I got my handful of groups I like (LSF, IVE, KIOF, NJ, "LOONA" girlies) and that's it.

Anyone else just get tired of watching these people struggle for literally no reason? Kpop is an unreasonably hard and unfair industry on its own. I don't know why people on the outside have decided to make it even worse.

Anyway, LSF's new season of Day Off has been good (unsurprisingly). Eunchae on this week's episode broke me, and I think that's what set me on this path to making this post. It didn't help that it was filmed just as the hate brigade for Yunjin was ramping up. Even so it warms my heart that they at least got to do some fun and relaxing stuff (even though they still ultimately had to film it for a show).
All that doesn't prevent me from getting in to new groups. I just don't engage with kpop outside the music really

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
There is nothing to be gained by looking at a comments section. It's either bots, stans or haters. There's no discourse to be had, it's just a meaningless pit of nothingness. Just listen to the music, watch the videos and ignore everything else.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
There is nothing to be gained by looking at a comments section. It's either bots, stans or haters. There's no discourse to be had, it's just a meaningless pit of nothingness. Just listen to the music, watch the videos and ignore everything else.

Yep, stay away from social media and comment sections and only interact with nice people as much as possible.

Fromis 9 has been released from the dungeon. They'll be at the Waterbomb Festival.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7A-FsfLKGA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

wohoooooo, still not sure what their agency was thinking, sidelining them for so long after they gained tons of popularity last year, but better late than never.

And Happy IU day : D

View: https://youtu.be/wDfqXR_5yyQ?feature=shared

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I love the Dark-IVE styling they all look real good. I didn't love the MV but the song is great and the stage performance is really good too

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Supernova reached 2 on Melon already. It's going up so hard it might hit 1 tomorrow. Deserved, song is crazy good.

What's interesting to me though, looks like IVE won't get 1st this comeback. Not on Melon and they have 0 music show wins so far too, and it's not looking good now that Aespa and Newjeans are having comebacks. Seventeen is taking a lot of them. Plus Zico is around of course.

Sad the streak is over between IVE/NewJeans/Idle dominating in a row lol. (As in trading 1 on Melon)

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I found Heya kinda weak compared to their previous title tracks so I'm not surprised it's not hitting with the general public.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I really liked Heya and found it had the sort of traditionally catchy kpop tune that should speak to the general public in a way that Baddie or Either Way couldn't. Really surprised it's not doing better especially against Supernova which I really like but to me it felt a lot more eclectic.

Also speaking of IVE I'm not sure why they suddenly have all these rap parts to Leeseo and barely have Gaeul anything to do in the songs. I love Gaeul but she's probably the weakest vocalist in the group so rapping suited her well and she was pretty good at it - now she's kinda just there in the background.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
It's number 3 behind a song with Jennie and one of the best debut songs from a group from one the more dominant labels in recent history. They'll get their wins and Accendio will be super popular as well. Shouldn't matter anyway, as long as the music is good (in my humble opinion).

Last edited:

Sinistar

Oct 27, 2017
A little late to the party, but add me to the "I'm just here for the music, maaaaaan". The only way I get any information on any groups at all is in this thread (and thanks very much to everyone who shares news and music here). The only fans I interact with are my personal friends and people I meet at concerts. Engaging in any way with any comments sections or socials or any other method for linking with random fans is completely a non-option in most communities, but especially K-Pop.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I got real into 2NE1 when I first started listening to kpop, but their stuff is something I have a hard time going back to now.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019

SNSD was my entry point into kpop in 2010, but then "I Am the Best" happened right before I went to Korea for the first time and I was an instant fan. I still remember going to a shop in Seoul and buying the To Anyone album. A few SONE/Blackjack fans I met suggested I choose my bias based on which photo card was in the box. It was Dara, and she's been my fav ever since.