• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So steam support is really good?

Valve began outsourcing support for general issues about four-and-a-half years ago, so response times have decreased significantly, and these days you can expect a reply within a day even during prominent sale periods. I inadvertently triggered Steam's anti-fraud system towards the end of the 2016 Winter Sale and had full access restored less than 24 hours later, for example.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

Just so you know https://store.steampowered.com/stats/support

There's been 22,000 support tickets for account hacks etc in the last 24 hours alone

You're not alone and you'll be sorted.

Valve began outsourcing support for general issues about four-and-a-half years ago, so response times have decreased significantly, and these days you can expect a reply within a day even during prominent sale periods. I inadvertently triggered Steam's anti-fraud system towards the end of the 2016 Winter Sale and had full access restored less than 24 hours later, for example.

thank you for your responses, i feel better now, i'm checking my profile regularly to see if my inv has been changed

Oct 25, 2017
I think i've locked the account but this is actually a sigh of relief if true, I hope the information I've give (which is literally everything I can think of) will be enough
I looked it up, and changing your email indeed results in a 5 day trade restriction.
And access to the marketplace is the biggest way they could screw you up, so you'll probably be fine.

Fanta

May 27, 2018
I got my account stolen back in 2011 and got it back within a day.

Sent an email straight away to Steam Support and got a reply within a few hours with a couple questions related to payments and they reset the email and gave me it back with a temp password you change after logging in first time.

You'll get it back OP

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Who is St4ck and why does he have scam websites on his profile?

I think he has the highest steam profile level. Almost assuredly it wasn't his account profile page, just a scammer impersonating it.

Edit: Looks like it was someone impersonating him in the real St4ck's profile comment.

dvVpAtY.jpg

3YpD17U.jpg

I can't state this any clearer, no one is sending you free stuff on steam, there are no legitimate skin trading or free skin sites. No one is giving away copies of Cyberpunk 2077 etc...

Treat every single posted link as a likely scam.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Got my account back, guy who used it spend about $30 of my wallet funds but the TF keys are still there thank god.

Still talking to steam support to see if I can get my funds back.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
That's great news. I hope you can get the $30 refunded, but it sounds like that's probably the case.

I'll just say to myself, could've been worse and I'll learn from my mistakes. I obviously have some serious mental issues when it comes to dealing with doing things wrong, I just don't know how to deal with myself when they happen other than to get upset.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how'd they get you? Always good to detail this so others don't fall for the same trap.

Oh, nevermind. Found the post.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll just say to myself, could've been worse and I'll learn from my mistakes. I obviously have some serious mental issues when it comes to dealing with doing things wrong, I just don't know how to deal with myself when they happen other than to get upset.

With stress, I try to realistically consider the scale of the issue and try to just focus on what I can do to alleviate the situation in the present. When dealing with anxiety, depression etc, it can be easy to let your fears get the better of you and escalate the situation in your mind, but we can learn to deal with stress and emotions through techniques and support. I'm glad that you're okay now, and the situation seems to be fine as well.

vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
OP. I'm glad you recovered your account. As you can see, you're always important to someone, even for people you don't know personally.

Era, you're a great community. Thanks for helping op.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Where can I find all the security settings to add to my account? I just want to make sure I have everything on it. Can't seem to find it in the client lol.

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
Where can I find all the security settings to add to my account? I just want to make sure I have everything on it. Can't seem to find it in the client lol.

I'd start here:

Don't feel too bad OP, people make boneheaded mistakes all the time

(Like the time I moved all of my personal files into a single folder on my desktop to prepare to back it up, but actually forgot to do the backup. I didn't realize it till several months later after I formatted the drive. I lost everything including a bitcoin wallet that I don't even want to think about how much it would be worth today).

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thread has been locked at the OP's request, as the situation has been resolved. Thanks to all who helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.