• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah JC2 to this day has the worst driving I've ever experienced in an open world game. Literally unusable in many cases. If you got in a fast car it was like trying to drive a piece of paper at high speeds, the slightest pebble or change in direction would send the car spiraling out of control. 3 was definitely improved a little bit from that bottom of the barrel point.
You must not have played ghost recon wildlands. Superman 64 levels of bad there

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a Just Cause game, but I'd like to jump in at some point due to the game's freedom. I'm wondering if this might be the game, despite some of the lower scores. I think I won't mind the limited changes and dated design mentioned in the OP excerpts.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
have now seen footage and it looks like a launch window game in many ways. awful IQ, really bad motion blur, very bad shadows with artifacts everywhere, awful AO haloing. it really just looks like a mess.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I can hold off until it drops to $30 sometime next year.

At least performance doesn't look awful out of the box like it was for JC3

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'm downloading it now but it's not going to be ready until early tomorrow morning.

I hope I'll enjoy it a lot more than I did Just Cause 3. The reviews seem decent, and I don't expect absolute triple A quality from these games. If it's 3/4 as fun as Just Cause 2...

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been playing for a few hours.
Visually its an unfinished mess. So much embarassingly wrong.
The game needed another few months at least. Special mention to what is hands down the worst water ive seen in a game maybe ever.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this is too bad. JC2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but JC3 was a step back in almost every way. I'd hoped they'd learned from it but it looks like it's still ugly and broken.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game needed another few months at least. Special mention to what is hands down the worst water ive seen in a game maybe ever.
How did they manage to mess that up? Previous JC games had pretty great water rendering.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

Same. Playing at 1440p and the texture loading is just a jumbled messed. I have no idea what is going on. One minute it looks fucking amazing then the next its like nothing is loaded.
My PC Specs: 8700k @ 4.8ghz, 16GB @3000Mhz, GTX1070
Game run smooths at 60fps on High but thats not the issue.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Same. Playing at 1440p and the texture loading is just a jumbled messed. I have no idea what is going on. One minute it looks fucking amazing then the next its like nothing is loaded.
My PC Specs: 8700k @ 4.8ghz, 16GB @3000Mhz, GTX1070
Game run smooths at 60fps on High but thats not the issue.

Yeah which is why i said unfinished mess moreso than ugly. The geometry,foliage and lighting is great.Its like they arrived at a break off point in terms of performance and insteadof starting optimization they just released it. Some of thos n64 textures they hit you right in the story mission cant have been intentional or missed.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Yeah which is why i said unfinished mess moreso than ugly. Its like they arrived at a break off point in terms of performance and insteadof starting optimization they just released it. Some of thos n64 textures they hit you right in the story mission cant have been intentional or missed.

Yep and Rico's character detail is all over the place. One scene it is great then the next you are looking at what I think is a PS3 character model. Hopefully patches will be released because it destroys immersion for me.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep and Rico's character detail is all over the place. One scene it is great then the next you are looking at what I think is a PS3 character model. Hopefully patches will be released because it destroys immersion for me.
Also is it just me or are half the cutscene recorder of a ps3 with very low bitrate?

And hah, the game's gamma curve.
Someone should try entering a river in the night to see something wonderful.

Diseased Yak

Oct 25, 2017
According to the Steam discussions for JC4, there's a bug in the settings that causes it to revert to low. You have to change the settings to how you want them, turn Fullscreen to off, apply, then turn it back to On, apply, and it should stick.

I'm still on the fence about getting it, but I'll prob break down and do so.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
did they finally add co-op to Just Cause?

because if they didn't what's the point.
adding co-op in Just Cause would be the feature that would really improve the experience and make it super fun.

i guess we have to wait for PS5 for co-op?.....

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game sometimes being so ugly in regards to water or textures looking bad sounds like a bug to me. It sounds like something that can be patched without too much hassle, it just sounds like a streaming issue to me. Remember before AC Odyssey came out and people were freaking out about the low textures on Pro? It was the same kind of streaming bug.

I have no idea what's going on with the cutscenes in the game though. I don't think I've ever seen this particular issue before.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game sometimes being so ugly in regards to water or textures looking bad sounds like a bug to me. It sounds like something that can be patched without too much hassle, it just sounds like a streaming issue to me. Remember before AC Odyssey came out and people were freaking out about the low textures on Pro? It was the same kind of streaming bug.

I have no idea what's going on with the cutscenes in the game though. I don't think I've ever seen this particular issue before.

Seems like a streaming issue from what I read because it's plaque with it, there's even some textures that don't show up. JC isn't really good for console due to how bad their cpu are

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, I'll take a Just Cause 3 that's actually playable. I REALLY hope this game runs well on ps4 :/

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
All this talk about graphic issues is making me worried.
It's not a deal breaker but JC2 was a looker back in the day, the water looked great and the performance was amazing considering the consoles (and the RAM!) they had to work with.

Please be fixed with a couple of patches. I just wanna fly around and blow things up smoothly.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, JC3 ran pretty well with boost mode on PS4 Pro. A massive upgrade when when you flip it on. Ended up playing quite a bit of it last summer. The checklist fatigue broke my motivation eventually, but I had a blast for about 20 hours, never finished it though.

Definitely grabbing this on discount next year.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
More of the same and 76 opencritic score. I hope fans of the series will enjoy this game tho.

Apr 8, 2018
did they finally add co-op to Just Cause?

because if they didn't what's the point.
adding co-op in Just Cause would be the feature that would really improve the experience and make it super fun.

i guess we have to wait for PS5 for co-op?.....

I think there are multiplayer mods for Just Cause 2 and 3 on PC, but nothing for consoles sadly. I remember watching gameplay of JC2's multiplayer mod back when it was popular and was really hoping they'd add some type of multiplayer/co-op to future releases on console. Really sucks they haven't done it yet.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For the record there are no streaming issues, those largely exist in shadows and lod but not in textures. ive played for about 5 hours and ive used this gun for the last 2 which has this horribly blotchy texture which isnt planning to load in higher quality assets any time soon.
And the water is super shit even pc (0 tesselation , only a plain reflective surface with fuzzy textures) .
Theres even rail tracks in the desert that are just textures.