• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Flygon

Oct 28, 2017
The ugly ass shit. How are we still getting these ugly ass cartoons in 2019??
Because it's cheap, and because execs want to min-max cost and profit.

Then you will die alone lol. Show seems to have scarred many digimon fans.
I can't remember much, but I recall the show being one of the better shows in the ABC afternoon lineup when I was a kid.
But this was when the lineup was getting worse, so.

Nov 2, 2017
Ugh I utterly despised it. It shared a block in Canada (I think) with a few shows that actually hold up like Mission Hill, Clone High and Undergrads.I was never sure why this was the one that I saw aired the most.

Undergrads is maybe one of the worst shows ever produced by humans...like wretched awfulness the show rerun along with the also abysmal Quads 12000 times over again by Teletoon.

Speaking of, which I didn't see in this thread yet, Quads.

Quads is actually the worst. Full of some of the worst crude humour to ever grace television and offensive (ly unfunny) in just about every way something can be. It's the fucking worst.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You think Justin Beiber sprays his DNA all over the ladies when he's in Paree, Frawnce?
giphy.gif

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Most of cartoon network's cartoons for me. Could never swallow watching a cartoon network series. It's like a sore to my eyes for some reason.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If you think people can't adapt to altered animation styles like Rise, just wait until the new Thundercats is out...

Oct 28, 2017
^Oh, this?

tcats-roar-series-poster2.jpg

I swear it's been an age since I heard about it - keeping an eye out because it's definitely a very interesting interpretation.

---

Anyway, might as well throw another monstrosity I've just remembered down this hole.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I could see the artstyle being off-putting, but the actual animation and the show overall has been consistently great; the action looks so Trigger-esque.

Exactly. I was put off by the art style when it was unveiled, but the show actually looks awesome in motion. I can tell the animators and storyboarders are having a blast making it.

lampeater

Oct 27, 2017
I can't actually remember if the show was any good or not, I know it was kinda nightmare fuel and had catchy intro song - Bump in The Night

Holy crap this suddenly dislodged something in my brain when I saw this.
The theme song was stuck in my head as a kid but haven't thought about it in decades, and then BAM, it's back. GDI.

I don't remember if I ever watched an episode though, so I can't remember why it would kicking around my brain for so long.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't actually remember if this show was any good or not, but seeing all this old stuff sparked a memory and I just had to seek it out – Albert the 5th Musketeer.

Haven't rewatched it since, but I used to love this show as a kid. One of the few 100% French-produced shows (I think?) of the era I didn't utterly despise.

Jun 17, 2019
No one has mentioned this abysmal train wreck of a show?

This disaster was Disney's attempt at Ren and stempy at the time. God I loathed that show.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It was always Ren and Stimpy for me growing up. I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of the show each time it came on.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
SERIOUSLY! why is every single godamn cartoon look like this shit. With the weird fucked up angles and lines. It just looks fucking bad. Why cant we have normal animation anymore!?

So what's an example of normal animation? I'm sure there were even people who hated the BTAS aesthetics when it first came out.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
The Johan Hill show where he was a snarky little least likable cunt

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Even as a pre-teen who was getting into Japan stuff and had seen their name before, this was always the weirdest fucking thing. Why them. Why an american animated cartoon. Why the shoehorned toss in live clips at the end. Everything about it was weird. This was one of those "fans on the head staff" type deals or something. I get that it was the time anime and more was at its peak, but man they could have done anything else.

p323859_b_v8_ab.jpg

My choice.

This was when Nick was going hard on trying to do their nonsense grossout 90s cartoons in an attempt to replace the not so subtle adult oriented shows like Ren and Stimpy and Rocko. Hated this show. Lame "its gross so cool!" aside I just remember none of the few episodes I saw being interesting or entertaining.
You take that back, you heathen. AAAHH!!! Real Monsters is great.

The main animator is also one of the most respected Russian/Ukranian animators in the scene.