• The Great Ace Attorney: Chronicles

Votes: 443 59.9%

• Total voters

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Things were already getting crowded with NEO TWEWY and Ace Attorney on the same day, but it feels like in the last few weeks we've quickly found out that July is just turning into *the* month for JRPG/VN releases.

july.png

Just... a ridiculous amount of games. Then there's stuff like Fuga: Melodies of Steel which *just* got confirmed for next month, and import titles like Utawarerumono Zan 2 (which, I'm sure I'm one of like, 3 people on here that really cares about buying it day-1)

How's your wallet going to fare next month, Era?

addik

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting both The Great Ace Attorney and TWEWY, but the latter I'll get it later. Ace Attorney is my priority right now.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Ys IX for sure, NEO Twewy depends on how the regional price will be for me, but if it's affordable, it's a huge priority. I thiiink Cris Tales is a Game Pass game, which helps, because I also intend to play it.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Wow yea that's packed lol. Ace Attorney already had my money though, good luck other games.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not planning on anything other than The Great Ace Attorney, but that's July purchases in general.

overtoncanon

Mar 14, 2021
Imagine we get some FE remakes announced tuesday releasing at the end of July, wishful thinking but Valentia had a 3 month announce to release timeframe.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
came in expecting to bash Theswweet for not including Cris Tales since its not japanese, thus not a "jrpg"

I leave pleasantly surprised I was wrong in my assumption.

Good day sir.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
TWEWY and Great Ace Attorney for sure, Skyward Sword as well. Another great month for games. :)

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Got Neo:TWEWY, The Great Ace Attorney, Ys IX and MH Stories 2 all preordered on Switch. Cris Tales is on Gamepass so I'll play that there.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I'm picking up-
-Ender Lillies
-Monster Hunter Stories 2
-Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
-Cris Tales
-Fuga: Melodies of Steel
-The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
-Neo: The World Ends With You

Last edited:

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost done with MH Stories 1 so I'll be getting 2 and Silver Case. Ys Ix, TWEWY and Ace Attorney have to wait until I finish the earlier games in their series.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
And yet only one of them is the sequel to The World Ends With You.

It is packed though and that's exciting. I'm definitely getting NTWEWY and I need to check if I can get anything else

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Cris Tales is coming out? Had no idea. Hope it's good.

Same with Neo The World Ends With You, tbh. I'm almost certain that it cannot live up to the original TWEWY at least.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Wow you are right, I didn't realize it.

TWEWY looks awesome from what they've shown so far, and I'm definitely interested in Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney. Going to wait for impressions on them before committing to purchases, but I'm definitely excited.

KakesuSora

Mar 8, 2018
Already got The Great Ace Attorney and MHS2 pre-ordered. I'll be picking up Ys IX too. I want Cris Tales but I'll wait on that one.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I'm just getting NEO and Great Ace Attorney. I'll probably get Monster Hunter Stories 2 after a B2G1F deal or a price cut or something, I enjoyed the first game some but I wasn't over the moon with it or anything. Maybe some day I'll get Ys IX if I ever catch up with that series lol.

I already played both Great Ace Attorney games in Japanese though, so the only new game I'm getting is NEO.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Ace Attorney and NEO TWEWY are all I need, and I'll probably be buying them at the same time because after waiting so long for both of these games, I don't have the patience to wait

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Scarlet Nexus and Disgaea 6 also release at the tail end of June. It's ridiculous. Of the July games specifically, I've settled on MH Stories 2, Great Ace Attorney, and Skyward Sword HD for day one. The rest will have to wait.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'll try Ys IX. AA and TWEWY are the only ones that I'm really interested in, sucks that they're both releasing on the same day and pretty close to the end of my summer vacation.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
The Visual Novel about Formula 1 drivers, F1 2021.

For real, I don't think I'll be picking up any of the July games. I want to get through Famicom Detective Club first, and I've discovered that Corpse Party Switch remaster has English localization, but it's only sold on the Japanese eShop, so I might pick that up.

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
The Silver 2425 and Ace Attorney. Not realy enthused enough about anything else there to grab it Day 1.

e: Watching the Fuga trailer and I'm def on board now.

Last edited:

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Of those, The Great Ace Attorney.

I didn't even realize that was just a month away, geez

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
The only one I'm getting at launch is Great Ace Attorney, but to address the spirit of the question, I'll be getting NEO: TWEWY and Monster Hunter Stories 2 eventually as well

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
It's NEO TWEWY and TGAA for me next month. Would have been fine if they weren't on the same day though, I have no idea which one to play first.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Things were already getting crowded with NEO TWEWY and Ace Attorney on the same day, but it feels like in the last few weeks we've quickly found out that July is just turning into *the* month for JRPG/VN releases.

july.png

Just... a ridiculous amount of games. Then there's stuff like Fuga: Melodies of Steel which *just* got confirmed for next month, and import titles like Utawarerumono Zan 2 (which, I'm sure I'm one of like, 3 people on here that really cares about buying it day-1)

How's your wallet going to fare next month, Era?

NEO The World Ends With You releases on PC as well btw (Epic)

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
What's the deal with Ys IX? It's been out on ps4 for awhile, but it seems like digital only. Is there a physical release coming along side the switch and pc release, or was it just super limited physical?

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
None of the ones in the poll, at least not at launch. Might grab Neo TWEWY and Ys IX somewhere down the line, but definitely not at launch.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Doki Doki Lit. Club is June 30th which is basically July. What is the deal with that game? I'm sooo curious. The announcement thread definitely did its job lol. Skyward Sword followed by Neo:TWEWY and Great Ace. Ooof, that's a lot of backlog.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Neo twewy and Great AA for me.

Trying to beat the original trilogy before GAA releases rn

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
NEO: TWEWY and the rest of the that list does not matter to me. I've waited 14 years for NEO: TWEWY.

I'm currently playing Nocturne HD and am nearing the end. I might do a NG+ playthrough with Raidou instead of Dante

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
MH Stories 2 is the big one for me, but I'll pick up Ys IX, Great Ace Attorney and Ender Lillies when I can too.

I played TWEWY on DS and couldnt get on with it at all, I didn't enjoy either the combat system or the characters, so will skip that.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I've been waiting impatiently for The Great Ace Attorney since DGS' very first trailer, and to a lesser extent TWEWY 2, too, which has been a long time coming. After the latest round of previews for the latter, I'm in, and with GAA I've already placed both English and Japanese (box set) preorders. I rarely do that. I can't fucking wait.

I still remember that vague, and very short teaser for a "brand new Ace Attorney project from Shu Takumi." It was only shared in the Japanese version of that month's Nintendo Direct. Seven years later, and I'll finally be able to play it (...in an official capacity, anyways).

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wondered why Legend of Mana before realizing it's coming out in 10 days.
Definitely AA, maybe TWEWY. Already got Ys on PS4, where it's been sitting in the backlog now.