• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Judgment coming to PS5, Xbox Series, and Stadia on April 23

Publisher Sega and developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio will release Judgment for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and Stadia on April 23 for $39.99 / 1,980 yen, the companies announced.

Publisher Sega and developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio will release Judgment for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and Stadia on April 23 for $39.99 / 1,980 yen, the companies announced.

Judgment first launched for PlayStation 4 in December 2018 in Japan and June 2019 worldwide.

The re-release for current platforms will feature a 60 frames per second frame rate, improved load times, and all previously released downloadable content.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I started this literally a week ago lol. 60fps would make it so much better to play.

Surprised MS didn't lock it in for Game Pass

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
with all of the yakuzas coming to steam/game pass, i can't imagine this not eventually making its way to PC.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
PC is weirdly absent, maybe Google paid for exclusivity (didn't they do that with Samurai Shodown?)

Also $39.99 is a rip off compared to 1,980 yen in Japan

No free upgrade if bought on PS4

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: NO FREE UPGRADE PATH IF YOU BOUGHT THE GAME ON THE PS4 AND NO STEAM VERSION

Sega is bringing Judgment, the murder-mystery action-adventure from its Yakuza team, to PlayStation 5, Stadia, and Xbox Series X on April 23. The remastered version of Judgment will include refined visuals, a 60 frames per second frame rate, and improved load times, Sega says — plus it includes all previously released downloadable content. Sega's re-release of Judgment will cost $39.99.

Judgment was originally released exclusively for PlayStation 4. Yakuza developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio released the game first in Japan, with a global release following in June 2019.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sweeeeeeet, will buy on my Xbox Series X!

I've owned it since PS4 launch and have played all but 15 minutes... Ugh, I hate myself for doing that. Alas, I will have the time cleared in April and 60fps, woohoo!

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I loved Judgment. Maybe I'll give it another playthrough on PS5.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Stadia but no PC is funny given recent news.

Great game, by the way. Pick it up.

Guess we can expect a sequel in the future now.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yesssss

I was hoping this would come to Xbox by the time I was done with the Yakuza games. Sooner than I expected!

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I'll probably pick it up on XBox so that when it eventually comes out on Windows I'll have the Windows Store version. Yakuza 7 treated me well cross-platform.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Its up there in the top Yakuza game for me and free of any Yakuza back log you might have. Go for it

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a physical copy of this for cheap recently, guess I'll wait for this version to come out for PS5.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Will saves transfer between PS4 and PS5? I stopped playing around chapter 5 and it's been on my backlog for a while. I was actually really digging it but had burned out after playing this right after Kiwami 2.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Already beat it on PS4 but that's cool. Honestly the loading time improvements are probably the biggest jump, game was already very solid on PS4.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, I'll definitely pick it up on Xbox as an excuse to play through it again.

Definitely sucks for the PC folks though, who have been supporting Yakuza when possible.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see that Sega is continuing its exclusivity BS with these releases. Sigh.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
No Game Pass, no PC and then being on Stadia on pretty much the day it basically died as a concept. That is...strange. Just strange

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
lol @ Stadia over Steam, tho I can't blame recouping costs if Google paid for exclusivity or what have you.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
rlpu0Ly.jpg

Wow, huge difference in quality between versions revealed by the YouTube thumbnails. PS5 is vastly superior!

Kidding, obviously.

Always good to see more games make the jump. Stadia lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.