• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mercviper

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think some of you understand how much 12 lbs of weed is, bruh.

There isn't a dealer on the planet keeping 12 lbs of that shit in the crib they sleep at. It's not happening.

Nothing about this story makes a lick of sense.
Dude watches The Wire and is an expert on the drug game. I've seen 400 lbs of weed in a dudes apartment and 10 pounds on the regular.
You think they have stash houses?

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand people are skeptical, but if the police were going to make up a story here, why would they make up a story with 3 suspects? The logistics of having 3 people perfectly cooperate and take the fall for a case this scrutinized would collapse quickly. As someone earlier said, this isn't Hollywood. What happened to Botham Jean was tragic and stupid and a continued systematic problem with the American police force. What happened to Joshua Brown was also tragic and stupid, and likely a result of other, different systematic problems in America based on the look of things. But promoting conspiracy theories based on preconceived motives without facts is not the answer.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They definitely should have an external team handle the investigation.
But WokEra gonna stay woke.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really odd how people somehow think that this is some revenge killing by the Dallas PD. First off, why would the Dallas PD risk EVERYTHING for a VERY unpopular grunt cop? The whole Guyger case is under a microscopic lens right now. It'd be extremely stupid and risky for the Dallas PD to kill Brown knowing full well that Brown's death would be heavily investigated and raise suspicion. The risk/reward just makes no sense if you believe this conspiracy.

Risk everything?

They're cops. They're not risking much of anything. Wut.

Dude watches The Wire and is an expert on the drug game. I've seen 400 lbs of weed in a dudes apartment and 10 pounds on the regular.
You think they have stash houses?

1) Yes, some dealers have stash houses.
2) You don't need a stash house to not have that amount of weight on you at your own crib.

For all the talk of moving smart, keeping that much on you in the state of Texas as a black man is the exact opposite of moving smart.

Last edited:

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
You really need to take a hard look at yourself if you look at the facts of this case with the confession and still try to throw it on the cops. This place and the left in general are derided enough as it is without easily disproved conspiracy theories.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
also how badly wounded was their suspect? to risk sitting in a capital murder state until you get collected by the cops when you could have just chilled in the car for 3 hours and sat in a hospital at home and not be at all connected to anything...

oh, but he didn't kill the guy he only knows the guy who did.

like i said, a lot of questions around this one and all we have so far is the word of the police and the rumored confession of a suspect.

Z1r2y3

Oct 28, 2017
12lbs is more than enough to drive 500+ miles for.

1 pound can get you shot it doesn't matter who you are.

People will keep up to hundreds of lbs stashed in their own home.

Shipping is only a viable option if your personally know the person, even then it's a risk involved.

People deal out their own homes ALL the time.

Anyone who argues otherwise is full of shit.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Can't shake the feeling that something's off about this, especially if he was set to testify against the Dallas PD in a week's time.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly, this doesn't sound that unbelievable. The "why now?" of it doesn't make sense unless you consider that this was his main source of income and he needed to cash out. The dudes probably came down as an initial meeting intending to rob if it went left like this. Messed up situation. I don't look at him as deserving of this for moving weed in 2019. RIP

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
No one drives 300 miles to buy weed. Holy fuck this is blatant. Clearly hired for a hit.

I have no reason to believe our police are anything but a gang of corrupt murderers. I will never trust them, ever.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so not only do they cross state lines for some plain old weed, they shoot him and leave the goods behind???
A4FDJdN.gif

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I barely want to travel 20 miles for weed wtf.
I don't think they were meeting up just to pick up a a eigth or a QP
You don't have 12 pounds of weed laying around unless you're supplying to other dealers. Drug dealers get robbed all the time. They are easy targets simply because the dealer isn't going to run to the cops and file a report/incriminate themselves. Hell those people could have been swinging through for 2 pounds just to make shatter or they had to travel to him because they already have a rep for sticking up people out by them and burn bridges.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
The guy who was shot and caught in the hospital confessed. He's gonna be charged with capital murder. What's in it for him to not talk if the police had him do it?
He's dead before his trial if he ratted out police that hired him for a hit.

It's definitely POSSIBLE this is just an unfortunate situation and extremely coincidental. But I have no shame in expecting the absolute worst in police every time. They don't deserve our trust. Fuck them.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Criminals forget they have a right to an attorney? Killers are folding on Day 1?

The other two need to Facebook live their side of the story or something before they get killed during arrest.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's dead before his trial if he ratted out police that hired him for a hit.

It's POSSIBLE this is just an unfortunate situation and extremely coincidental. But I have no shame in expecting the absolute worse in police every time. They don't deserve our trust. Fuck them.

But...why would he cooperate and first get shot (by Brown? Someone else?) then confess to the crime while in the hospital while the two other dudes are being hunted down? Why would he do that? Especially if he's going to just be killed by the same people. The theory is a little thin here.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
On the subject of trekking cross country to score, there is a recent precedent:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ison-for-prescribing-over-500000-opioid-doses

Authorities say Smithers prescribed more than 500,000 doses of opioids to patients from Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio and Tennessee while based in the small western Virginia town of Martinsville from 2015 to 2017 [...] Prosecutors said many patients would drive hundreds of miles one-way to get to Smithers' clinic in Martinsville.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
But...why would he cooperate and first get shot (by Brown? Someone else?) then confess to the crime while in the hospital while the two other dudes are being hunted down? Why would he do that? Especially if he's going to just be killed by the same people. The theory is a little thin here.
You could say the same for all of the unarmed black men who have been shot dead by police for "resisting" or "reaching for a (nonexistent) gun".

I'm going to be honest, police deserve to be smeared even if they are innocent in this one specific case. They can eat shit.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
The guy who was shot and caught in the hospital confessed. He's gonna be charged with capital murder. What's in it for him to not talk if the police had him do it?

Didn't he confess that his associate did it? presecutors might charge him with murder, but that's not a given. And an accessory charge may be less than whatever he might be threatened with. He can talk all he wants though, they have him and can do whatever they want with him and who knows who else. Since we're hypothetically talking about hypothetical police that are willing to kill, tamper, and frame others for crimes.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You could say the same for all of the unarmed black men who have been shot dead by police for "resisting" or "pulling for a (nonexistent) gun".

I'm going to be honest, police deserve to be smeared even if they are innocent in this one specific case. They can eat shit.

But you're dismissing the guy in the hospital too. You don't know anything about him but he can eat shit too?

Didn't he confess that his associate did it? presecutors might charge him with murder, but that's not a given. And an accessory charge may be less than whatever he might be threatened with. He can talk all he wants though, they have him and can do whatever they want with him and who knows who else. Since we're hypothetically talking about hypothetical police that are willing to kill, tamper, and frame others for crimes.

The expectation shared with the media was capital murder.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I'm skeptical of the situation as described by the police. Also, confessions have been falsified before.

Aug 2, 2018
You could say the same for all of the unarmed black men who have been shot dead by police for "resisting" or "reaching for a (nonexistent) gun".

So the Justice for innocents being killed is to harm other innocent people ?? 🤷‍♂️

Eat My Jorts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, but does it make sense given what we know? Again this guy in the hospital was shot and is gonna be charged with murder in Texas. How would the police hypothetically get him and the two other guys to agree to do that for the police?

In a few days we'll find out he's in a coma, and the Dallas police ended all of their questions with, "...if what we just said is true, say nothing."

Aug 2, 2018
I, as king of America, hereby abolish the police.
How in the world do you even think that would work in real life?

So just no law enforcement and I guess we just go by mob rule at that point. Not going to work out as great as you think and I would wager ends up killing more innocent people than you think your saving.