• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
everyone needs a trademark! christ....
All of the men get a weird descriptor and all of the women need some kind of title.

They have The Man, the Queen, the Empress, the Goddess and two Princesses. Who are they going to assign the title of "the Duchess" to? Inquiring minds just gotta know. If Lana were good enough they'd probably call her the Czarina or whatever.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
unfortunatley none of those shirts come anywhere close to being as good as Punk's main WWE one

61t4TDRuA5L._SY450_.jpg

Still have this shirt, still new and unworn.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
PCW ULTRA dropped a huge announcement on Monday, that they were hosting the first annual Wrestle Summit in Los Angeles, California on March 29, 2019, that would feature interpromotional dream matches between champions and stars from other promotions, including IMPACT Wrestling, Seattle's DEFY Wrestling, Iowa's Wrestling Revolver, Australia's Melbourne City Wrestling (MCW) and various Japanese freelancers. They soon began to announce names and as of Wednesday night, the first ten competitors for the Wrestle Summit had been revealed, and which promotion they'd be representing.

IMPACT WRESTLING

Dxn8onHUUAI7k-V-e1548290173410.jpg

IMPACT World Heavyweight Champion Johnny Impact will be on hand at the Wrestle Summit to represent the IMPACT Wrestling brand.

Dxihkj5UUAA4Zat-e1548290162590.jpg

One-third of IMPACT's newest faction, The Rascalz, 2017 IMPACT Super X Cup winner Dezmond Xavier will be bringing his high flying athleticism to the Wrestle Summit representing IMPACT.

PCW ULTRA

Dxe9wGgUcAA5dsp-e1548290151851.jpg

While she's also the face of the IMPACT Knockouts division, PCW ULTRA Women's Champion Tessa Blanchard will be competing at the Wrestle Summit under the banner for host promotion, PCW ULTRA.

DxnWXGGV4AAZpeb-e1548290197108.jpg

The PCW ULTRA Heavyweight Champion Shane "Swerve" Strickland will be suiting up for PCW ULTRA at the Wrestle Summit. With this announcement, it definitely seems to cool off rumors he'd be a part of WWE's February class of new recruits, but never say never.

Dxosz4sUcAA5iDQ-e1548290215163.jpg

Mexico star Daga has been making his presence known in the US of late, appearing for Major League Wrestling (MLW) and Lucha Underground last year and working the recent IMPACT tapings in Mexico. The Crash Lucha star made his PCW ULTRA debut in 2017 and will be appearing at the Wrestle Summit under the PCW ULTRA banner as well.

DEFY WRESTLING

DxjKDrCUcAEhAkX-e1548290238858.jpg

The reigning DEFY Champion Artemis Spencer has been announced as the first representative of the Seattle promotion for the Wrestle Summit. A long-time veteran of the Canadian indies with his hometown Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling (ECCW) in Vancouver, the former ECCW Champion had a breakout year with DEFY last year, defeating Shane Strickland for the DEFY title late in 2018.

DxodEoNVYAAXfgN-e1548290270520.jpg

Another Canadian indie star from ECCW, Calgary's "Ravenous" Randy Myers arrived in DEFY in 2017 and has become somewhat of a cult hero with his bizarre tactics, and will join fellow countryman Artemis Spencer under the DEFY banner.

MELBOURNE CITY WRESTLING

DxeuoPhVYAA-aS7-e1548290294397.jpg

One of the breakout Aussie stars to hit the US last year, Adam Brooks debuted with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (PWG) in 2017 and competed in his first PWG Battle of Los Angeles last year. A longtime star with Melbourne City Wrestling, the 4x MCW Intercommonwealth Champion and reigning MCW Tag Team Champion returns to California, representing MCW in the Wrestle Summit.

WRESTLING REVOLVER

DxjZNHbVAAA-51R-e1548290321328.jpg

The former member of The Cult of Lee with IMPACT Wrestling, Caleb Konley is fighting for team Wrestling Revolver at the Wrestle Summit. The reigning Wrestling Revolver Scramble Champion will be looking to make a name for himself, as he's also the reigning 2x West Coast Wrestling Connection (WCWC) Champion out of Oregon.

JAPANESE FREELANCERS

DxkHnuMUUAAHJGD-e1548290342522.jpg

The first representative from Japan now wrestles out of Las Vegas, but Kikutaro is entering his 25th year in the business, having wrestled for Osaka Pro Wrestling (OPW), All Japan, Pro Wrestling NOAH, WRESTLE-1, DDT Pro and more, not to mention the countless global promotions like CHIKARA, Ring of Honor, Smash Wrestling, Bar Wrestling and more.

https://lastwordonprowrestling.com/...irst-10-names-from-cross-promotion-supercard/
I've been keeping an eye on this and I've liked the talent they've announced so far. Earlier today they also announced Jake Atlas, Zachary Wentz, SENT2SLAUGHTER and Happy Man

I have no idea who the last two are

cmon you can't say that ROH might be good and then post Bandido vs Silas Young

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AEW is gonna have Swagger do a Trump supporter gimmick. Cody, as the never Trump respectable Republican with the Khans and Jeff Flake in his corner, will defeat Swagger. They will all celebrate by busting the AEW wrestlers' attempt to form a union.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
AEW is gonna have Swagger do a Trump supporter gimmick. Cody, as the never Trump respectable Republican with the Khans and Jeff Flake in his corner, will defeat Swagger. They will all celebrate by busting the AEW wrestlers' attempt to form a union.
Judging from Swagger's twitter feed, he's gonna pitch the gimmick to them himself!

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently WWE has been promising everyone that they're gonna get fat contract when the Fox deal kicks in later this year.

Given the Fox contract itself was apparently a bill of goods I wonder if anyone believed him.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda tiring to watch, but the bits of WWE stuff they put on VR are pretty cool to watch on PSVR. I'm not sure I could watch a whole show like that, but it would be cool if they actually gave you the option to see whole matches and the ability to switch cameras around in real time during the match, etc.

I want this for baseball more than wrestling, but I don't know how they'd get the camera right up on home plate, so I don't know if that's actually plausible.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

I've always been kinda surprised that Santana Garrett hasn't been scooped up by a larger promotion by now.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
"You'll have to kill me!"

"Alright then."

*Champion pulls out magnum revolver*

Momo's was ridiculously cocky after barely making out of the match, Tam lacks severe amounts of self esteem so she always gets super driven to improve herself whenever she's put down because she's quick to assume she's worse than she is. The thing she wanted to prove was she could stand on her own two feet without a partner which she felt she did, she didn't realise how close she was to beating Momo.

There were some seeds planted for Tam to beat Momo or Kyona to beat Kagetsu if the champs hold onto their belts for a while.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Are people confident in AEW becoming a big thing or are folks expecting it to become TNA 2?
I just want a competent alternative to the WWE that has some real financial backing behind it. I'm not expecting AEW to overtake the behemoth that is the WWE, but if they can hold their ground and offer something that's different than the WWE within the North American landscape, then I'm cool with that. I think some people are setting their expectations too high and expecting things like AEW to compete in the ratings from Day 1 or something like that, and that's just not realistic.

They would have to screw up A LOT of things in order to become TNA2

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
That AEW logo graphic at the end of the video was pretty nice

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just want a competent alternative to the WWE that has some real financial backing behind it. I'm not expecting AEW to overtake the behemoth that is the WWE, but if they can hold their ground and offer something that's different than the WWE within the North American landscape, then I'm cool with that. I think some people are setting their expectations too high and expecting things like AEW to compete in the ratings from Day 1 or something like that, and that's just not realistic.

They would have to screw up A LOT of things in order to become TNA2
I think it is important for them to be different and being to hold their own. The first year will be important for them as a wrestling company and what they can do.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
My main concerns are those with creative, but I also kind of think they need a more relevant big WWE name than Jericho to gain attention. Unless Y2J killing Naito for 2 years actually resulted in NJPW gaining huge traction with Western fans.

Dato likes Hana's look whilst considering that most modern joshi looks to be shit, Hero considered Hana's look to be cultural appropriation, it was clearly a very funny and smart inside joke based around the idea Dato only likes modern joshi looks that appropriate other cultures. You can tell it was a very good and smart joke by my need to explain it. I'm also one of the few who liked Hana's new look when she debuted it (though I wouldn't call Tam's clearly awesome gear shit) so there's no intended malice towards anybody behind it.

Last edited:

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Jungle Boy officially official. Bring on the Jungle Boy with dad Luke Perry in his corner v.s. David Arquette match

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
My main concerns are those with creative, but I also kind of think they need a more relevant big WWE name than Jericho to gain attention. Unless Y2J killing Naito for 2 years actually resulted in NJPW gaining huge traction with Western fans.

Jericho's enough to get people curious and you only need a bit of curiosity to watch something like that, especially if it's easily accessible.

Then they have to be good enough for people to want to come back. Then if perception says they're on equal footing then perception becomes reality.

Are there enough people curious to keep it afloat? Is the AEW crowd just the WWE crowd because who the fuck else would watch pro wrestling in 2019? Or is there a mythical audience just waiting for an alternative to return as a result of WWE bleeding its audience over 15 years?

This is just America though. WWE is a global thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.