• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
See Marvel, comic book movies can also be actual deep films and not just pure popcorn goofy fun! Congrats WB! You deserved it. The movie was excellent.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Curious how high it can go. I certainly enjoyed the movie, but it isn't the, "let's go see it again," type of movie. MAYBE once more to catch onto some clues I may have missed, but it's less of a spectacle as most big blockbusters are.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Comic book fatigue setting in any day now

Also can we not do the console war thing many have a hard on for, I'd like to read this thread and not just bin it

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I saw it last night. Thought it was good. A little overhyped for me, but good.

Phoenix was amazing though, I take nothing away from him.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Would have contributed if I was still in the US.

I just watched it a few hours ago with a friend here in Japan. The theater wasn't packed, but there was at least 20 people.

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Wow good for them. I wonder how many went in expecting a comic book-y movie and got something else, haha.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
source.gif

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
See Marvel, comic book movies can also be actual deep films and not just pure popcorn goofy fun! Congrats WB! You deserved it. The movie was excellent.
Not sure why people are quoting this as if it's anything remotely controversial (okay, maybe the derailing is annoying). I like the MCU but it's obviously focused action popcorn flicks as opposed something like this, and it would be great to see one or two films from them deviate from the usual tone more than usual. At least it isn't the usual "mArVeL iS tRaSH" shitpost you see dredging up these superhero threads.

Anyways, congrats to the Joker! I hope this auteur one-off approach is something DC sticks with instead of being a knockoff MCU directed by edgy music video man.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Makes comparisons over long-term meaningless because inflation.

Ticket sales are even more meaningless because there's more people now than before.

So what you're actually looking for is share of the population that went to see each movie, but people can go multiple times, so therein lies another issue.

How about just saying how much money it makes. That has better sounding numbers that everyone can understand without extra math!

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
"This movie is literally going to destroy society, nobody go see it!" it turns out, is actually just good marketing.

RockTiddies

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Quote is meant to rib the usual "why does DC only make grim and dark comic book movies!?!? they should have FUN and COMEDY like MAHVEL"

In essence, with LOGAN and JOKER we can see the medium start to take more serious takes on comic book movies as a box office potential, instead of instant bombas like previous attempts

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ticket sales are even more meaningless because there's more people now than before.

So what you're actually looking for is share of the population that went to see each movie, but people can go multiple times, so therein lies another issue.

How about just saying how much money it makes. That has better sounding numbers that everyone can understand without extra math!
Inflation has grown at a higher rate than the American population.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people are quoting this as if it's anything remotely controversial (okay, maybe the derailing is annoying). I like the MCU but it's obviously focused action popcorn flicks as opposed something like this, and it would be great to see one or two films from them deviate from the usual tone more than usual. At least it isn't the usual "mArVeL iS tRaSH" shitpost you see dredging up these superhero threads.

Anyways, congrats to the Joker! I hope this auteur one-off approach is something DC sticks with instead of being a knockoff MCU directed by edgy music video man.
I always love it when people say they "like the MCU" then proceed to underhand it.