• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I don't know about voting for Trump but Biden is braindead.

With the poor offering from the party, I wouldn't be surprised if more people go in this direction.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The pressure of being president of the United States is something that no one has ever prepared for. The only one who seems to be fine with it is Trump, oddly enough."

The president is 73 but Rogan said: "He doesn't seem to be aging at all or in any sort of decline. Obama, almost immediately, started looking older. George W [Bush], almost immediately, started looking older."

I've often thought about this myself. Every President ages like a motherfucker while in office, but not Trump so far.

Obvious answer is he's the only one who hasn't taken the job seriously. He's completely self-absorbed, has no conscience, and thus doesn't feel the weight of the office at all. He barely works, goes on vacation every weekend (Covid-19 fucked that up), and is annoyed whenever he actually has to do anything.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Receipts. I don't buy this at all.
There's already been a couple of replies in this very thread.

I've often thought about this myself. Every President ages like a motherfucker while in office, but not Trump so far.

Obvious answer is he's the only one who hasn't taken the job seriously. He has no conscience, and thus doesn't feel the weight of the office at all. He barely works, goes on vacation every weekend (Covid-19 fucked that up), and is annoyed whenever he actually has to do anything.
Or because he already looked fucking terrible to begin with.

Oct 27, 2017
How'd that kissing-the-ass of a dude who calls my neighborhoods 'The Planet of the Apes' work out for ya.

Fucking racist piece of trash.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about voting for Trump but Biden is braindead.

With the poor offering from the party, I wouldn't be surprised if more people go in this direction.

You'd think that voting for the braindead person who isn't ALREADY destroying the country and killing thousands of people would be a no-brainer, but whatever. It's pretty clear a lot of very stupid people will take any excuse they can to pretend it's not their fault when Trump gets reelected, even when they had the opportunity to help stop him.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Sadly, this is most of the voting populace. Not policy, but stuff like "comedic chops" and "energy". Even though all Trump does is watch Fox News and plays golf. All former staffers have complained about his intellectual laziness. He doesn't' read briefs and so on.

Does Joe even read a newspaper?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Bonus round: would you rather vote for Joe Rogan or Joe Biden for President?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've seen this sentiment elsewhere as well. A lot of people don't vote on policy, but on how they perceive the candidate as a person. This is why it's important to nominate a candidate that actually inspires people, something that Biden fails miserably at.
So why was he able to harness record turnout despite being so uninspiring?

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
It seems pretty consistent with what I've seen from him.

He loves Trump's "I don't give a fuck about anyone but myself, too bad if you die" attitude.

Jan 11, 2018
Sounds about right. Luckily, we don't have to vote for either of them. I certainly won't (I will still cast my vote though).

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Do the others apply make up and tanning to the same extent though? Allegedly. And we've seen how Trump handles media pressure...even GWB opted to dodge shoes rather than call a journalist "nasty".

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part of it is that Rogan's individual criticisms of Biden are tragically valid. Biden is a bad candidate.

Thinking that Trump would be a better leader is ridiculously dumb, though. Trump is way outside the realm of normal parameters in terms of being a terrible President, and is actively getting thousands of Americans killed with his horrifically inept response. And that doesn't even go into just how important Supreme Court nominations are going to be.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
Yeah I've seen this sentiment elsewhere as well. A lot of people don't vote on policy, but on how they perceive the candidate as a person. This is why it's important to nominate a candidate that actually inspires people, something that Biden fails miserably at.

And yet Bernie couldn't inspire his OWN base to vote for him.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I don't care to attract hateful people to "my side", especially at the expense of energizing the base of the Democratic party and especially because the desire to harm the groups they target doesn't at all go away by their voting choices.
I don't care to attract hateful people either but if they're going to endorse someone without demanding them to change their principles all the better. It'd be like complaining about.

"across the isle?"

you dont win an election courting trumpsters.

biden literally polls better than any candidate.
Gonna be real. That white uneducated moderate support that Biden currently enjoys. Gonna bet you a good chunk of them voted for Trump in 2016.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this man would've said the exact same thing if bernie got the nom. for these people, they pretend to "be on the fence" so to speak but will line up behind trump no matter who the candidate is. it's a win-win scenario for them because they get to act like a vote for trump is some "plug your nose and do it" scenario when in reality it'll be with a smile.

THIS is why treating joe fucking rogan like he has the mental fortitude of a savant is dangerous, when in reality he has the brains of an orangutan on dmt and will protect his wealth at all costs.

Because Bernie could attract voters across the aisle?

bernie can't even attract democrats to his aisle, let alone independents or republicans

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Obvious answer is he's the only one who hasn't taken the job seriously. He's completely self-absorbed, has no conscience, and thus doesn't feel the weight of the office at all. He barely works, goes on vacation every weekend (Covid-19 fucked that up), and is annoyed whenever he actually has to do anything.

Trump already looked like shit the second he got into office, and we all know he's already bald and wears a rug. How much worse can he get?

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, part of Bernie's appeal was that he could win over a lot of dumb, problematic "I hate the status quo" people without actually compromising his left-wing principles, due to his history as not being Democratic partisan and having a consistent stance on many important issues, and not coming off as the typical politician who just says things to please donors.

But in the Democratic party, it's only a good thing to compromise your values to appeal to reactionary white suburban voters, and it's actually a bad thing to maintain your left-wing values without compromising if that means it wins over the wrong kind of voters.

So if your entire history is spent pushing racist policies to win over white votes, and get endorsements from all sorts of horrible racist people, that's ok, hell you might even easily become the Democratic nominee, but if a racist person says they might vote for you and not anyone else, even though you don't actually have racist policies, then that's problematic.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
It's not hard to see why someone wouldn't want to vote Biden, but thinking Trump is a good vote over Biden is idiotic.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care to attract hateful people either but if they're going to endorse someone without demanding them to change their principles all the better. It'd be like complaining about.

Gonna be real. That white uneducated moderate support that Biden currently enjoys. Gonna bet you a good chunk of them voted for Trump in 2016.

gonna be an incredibly useful bunch to have voting for you in the swing states.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lol this talking point again? The answer is that the Democratic base was afraid that Bernie wasn't as electable as Biden, simple as that. Any polling on how excited people actually are about Biden is abysmal.

That's part of the answer, but another part is that the youth didn't show up for him compared to 2016. Another part is that the anti-Hillary wing was stronger in 2016 than the anti-Biden/Others in 2020. It's a combination of things that made the math bad for Sanders.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol this talking point again? The answer is that the Democratic base was afraid that Bernie wasn't as electable as Biden, simple as that. Any polling on how excited people actually are about Biden is abysmal.
So Biden only generated all time record setting turnout because Dem voters were afraid of Bernie.

But Biden won't generate all time record setting turnout in the general when Dems are afraid of Trump more than anything else in the world?

How does that make sense? They will show up because they fear Bernie, but won't show up out of fear of Trump?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised to see some in this thread defending Joe Rogan or handwaving away who he'll vote for in November. It's fucking gross.

Black posters were told, after he endorsed Bernie Sanders, that the people who subscribe to his racism and xenophobia should be reached out to and listened to and coddled so they'd vote for Bernie Sanders. Fuck anybody else who reaches out to non traditional voters who may vote for democrats though.

Very progressive.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We don't provide a platform for Joe Rogan, so we don't need this thread on his views.

Status
Not open for further replies.