Mar 29, 2018
Ivermectin kills SARS-CoV-2 in vitro at dosages that would require 35x the normal dose to reach the same levels in blood plasma. It's sorta like how bleach kills SARS-CoV-2 in vitro as well but if one injected it you'd kill yourself before the virus.

Researchers can get anything to kill whatever they want using just about anything in vitro at high enough concentrations. The question is whether it can be turned into a treatment that won't kill us in the mean time. Hell, most chemo is basically a question of whether we can kill a cancer before we kill a person.
I'm sure that's true. All I'm saying is that, anong all the research done on it, only one study said it had a strong positive effect against covid and this study was deemed unreliable. However, other studies showed a MIXED (not wholly negative) response at normal dosages.

Does this mean it's a reliable medicine for covid people should be taking? Fuck no.

More importantly the only company who openly offered to prescribe ivermectin were the same company who pushed that one sketchy af study about its efficacy. They did the same thing with hydroxychloroquine or whatever it's called

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
It's fun to pretend taking using ivermectin to treat COVID is part of the all hands on deck response to the pandemic instead of the result of acute Fox News brain poisoning in our nation's uncles. Really gets my rocks off to be all sanctimonious online and tell people what aren't you HAPPY the horse medicine could potentially work for folks who can't afford the (free) vaccine.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Every time this thread gets bumped, I think Joe Rogan has died and every time I'm disappointed.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
I'm sure that's true. All I'm saying is that, anong all the research done on it, only one study said it had a strong positive effect against covid and this study was deemed unreliable. However, other studies showed a MIXED (not wholly negative) response at normal dosages.

Does this mean it's a reliable medicine for covid people should be taking? Fuck no.

More importantly the only company who openly offered to prescribe ivermectin were the same company who pushed that one sketchy af study about its efficacy. They did the same thing with hydroxychloroquine or whatever it's called

I agree that we can't rule out ivermectin, but you're also totally right that fucking no one should be taking it on their own. Dumbass doctors prescribing it should honestly be penalized.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
I wish world data leaked everybody who's vaccinated so these alt right nuts can see their heroes who promote anti vaxx propaganda are actually vaxxed

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I wish world data leaked everybody who's vaccinated so these alt right nuts can see their heroes who promote anti vaxx propaganda are actually vaxxed
Do you think it'd be worth it to also potentially putting people at other risks (IE teens who got vaccinated in secret against their parent's will) just to own some random people online?

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Do you think it'd be worth it to also potentially putting people at other risks (IE teens who got vaccinated in secret against their parent's will) just to own some random people online?
I guess not

because at the end of the day doesn't more how much coke hard proof you have which we already fucking have…. These people will still be anti vaxx

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Idiots on Twitter and Facebook are now spreading the misinformation Joe pushed on his podcast that Japan has endorsed ivermectin. They won't read this, but I might as well post it here.

factcheck.afp.com

Japan has not approved ivermectin as Covid-19 treatment

Social media posts suggest that Japan's government recommends using antiparasitic drug ivermectin to treat Covid-19, citing remarks by the chairman of the Tokyo Medical Association. But he is not a government official, and while clinical trials are ongoing, the Japanese government has to this...
In the video included in the tweet, Ozaki compares the number of Covid-19 cases and mortality rate in African countries that distributed ivermectin once a year for its anti-parasitic properties to those that did not.

"I believe the difference is clear. Of course, one cannot conclude that ivermectin is effective on the basis of these figures, but when we have all these elements, we cannot say that ivermectin is absolutely not effective, at least not me," he says.

"We can do other studies to confirm its efficacy, but we are in a crisis situation. With regards to the use of ivermectin, it is obviously necessary to obtain the informed consent of the patients, and I think we're in a situation where we can afford to give them this treatment," Ozaki adds.

Neither the Tokyo Medical Association nor Ozaki are affiliated with the Japanese government, and members of the organization can only provide recommendations.

The official guidelines for doctors from the Japanese Ministry of Health states that "compared to standard treatment and placebo, ivermectin did not reduce deaths, shorten the hospitalization period and improve time of virus disappearance."