• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
No doubt at all, like I said earlier he says so much stupid shit, especially when it comes to race. He should just stick to the specific topic and not try and draw comparisons at all.

so why do you think he unnecessarily evoked black people when trying to court hispanics that are less likely to vote for him?

Eh, I get what his saying. While we aren't a monolith black americans have a lot of universal issues that we can at least get on the same page about.Issues change due to generation, class, sex but some of the big stuff stays constant since america is slow/been aint shit for forever. The Hispanic/Latinx diaspora just seems like a harder base to appeal to politically in the american way where we just group everyone together.

if he's speaking to a the "hispanic diaspora" doesn't that include black peoples?

what is the purpose of saying "black people aren't diverse" to make the point that latinos just means people who speak Spanish first and therefore don't share ethnic, racial or cultural baggage that makes them more likely to vote for America's overtly racist political party?

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing he means black people tend to vote for democrats, more than hispanics, which is true, but still it's a very odd thing to say, and obviously not true in a lot of aspects.
So you'd say there were some noteable exceptions to most black folks voting democrat?

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What an embarrassment. And white liberals want to give you shit for not supporting this guy.

as a new immigrant whose green card renewal is in jeopardy... get Rid of Trump first, then we can talk about best candidates. For now. Yeah please support this guy so my family and life isn't upended Due to trump's anti Immigration bullshit.

i am genuinely living In fear and people want to risk more Trump because Biden isn't ideal :s

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What an embarrassment. And white liberals want to give you shit for not supporting this guy.

I wish it wasn't him. But, it is. Or Trump. Even viewing it as a lesser of two evils choice, it's a massive fucking difference. If Trump wins this election, by the end of the next four years, Republicans will have such a hold of our court system, especially the supreme court, that we can all forget about any progressive progress for possibly decades to come. Shit, even just think about four more years of Trump "leading" us through Covid19.

It fucking sucks, but it is what it is and Trump's ass needs gone.

Oct 31, 2017
Cause he is an old as shit; I don't think he is racist though if that is what you are asking.

I would think him being old as shit would make it harder for him to not be racist

I'd imagine how things were for Black people when Biden & trump were young people and I bet they both think "racism is over"

maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like Biden is definitely racist and the two party system is shit

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I would think him being old as shit would make it harder for him to not be racist

I'd imagine how things were for Black people when Biden & trump were young people and I bet they both think "racism is over"

maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like Biden is definitely racist and the two party system is shit
Yeah, I imagine anyone Biden's age is likely racist, well not everyone there were good white people willing to die with black people during the movement, but, Biden for sure wasn't on that side at the start of his career.

But I think the difference, sadly, is racism doesn't define Biden so he'll go where the wind takes him, for Trump racism's a major factor of his campaign.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Biden is racist but good luck explaining to people that racism is a spectrum. I can't wait for Biden to declare Kamala Harris the second fresh clean articulate Black woman in the mainstream.

There's so much in his career that indicates he doesn't view Black folks as 1:1 equals nor does he take us as seriously as he should. Stealing Civil Rights valor should have some blowback but it's Awww shucks Joe. There really is no penalty within the party for disrespecting Black folks or assuming we are dumb as hell (BLM murals and performative dashikis for all!).

Last edited:

Dee Harp

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
User banned (permanent): racism, account in junior phase
Not to defend Biden. But the reality is what is a latino anyway? Because white people decided that it was easier to to just lump all the south American nations into one group instead of respecting them as individual nations. They actual are more diverse then Black people. Because what we call latino is actual a large amount of very different groups of people. Black people primarily describes black people born in the united states and are the descendants of multiple generations. A Brazilian is not the same as a Columbian

Fun fact Asians are also alot more Diverse then black people.

It was just dumb to say though.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it that black people are only envisioned as a typical black American while Latino culture is being expanded to all that encompasses Central and South America? Why are black people from Central and South America (you know... Afro-Latinos), not to mention- you know, Africa, the continent with the most human genetic and cultural diversity on the planet- being left out? Why are y'all constantly putting us down in this thread when shutting up is free?

Y'all suck sometimes, you know that? And I mean that sincerely.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it that black people are only envisioned as a typical black American while Latino culture is being expanded to all that encompasses Central and South America? Why are black people from Central and South America (you know... Afro-Latinos), not to mention- you know, Africa, the continent with the most human genetic and cultural diversity on the planet- being left out? Why are y'all constantly putting us down in this thread when shutting up is free?

Y'all suck sometimes, you know that? And I mean that sincerely.
Yeah the banned poster definitely had me scratching my head. Cultural diversity exists within all races. Saying one is more diverse than the other when comparing any race is bonkers.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I love Biden but this was just a stupid and indefensible thing to say, full stop. I hope he sincerely realizes why it was wrong to say along with his apology.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
This, and Trump saying that Biden is going to hurt God. Ladies and gentlemen one of these two people will have executive power for four years. Still voting Biden but it's like choosing between RoseArt and Cra-Z-Art crayons, when Bernie is Crayola.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
How the hell is there a defense force for this, what is even happening in here.. especially after that second video in which has nothing to do with political views or parties (which was already a shitty take to begin with).

He didn't really clarify what he meant I feel nor apologize. Shrug. He says he'll listen though which I feel is the most important thing.

"What I said on two separate occasions is actually not what I meant"

Last edited:

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm more surprised at the people surprised. Our vote is taken for granted on all sides, and Biden aint going to change that precedent. Support your local people and get more of us in there.

Fuck biden and the DNC. Get the presidency, then get all these stooges out afterward. Including democrats. Long game here.

Remember this shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Isthisyourkinggif

What I don't get is why he even needed to bring up black people at all. Just talk about the diversity of hispanics if you want, don't need to unnecessarily (and incorrectly) monolith black people.

Shit like this bothers me alot. People are trying to excuse it as, oh he only meant it in the the context of politics. Even that's fucking wrong, but it does give a hint at how the Democratic party view black people.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't he just talking about voting habits? It just sounded to me like he was saying latino community's voting is much more varied than the african american community which tends to skew heavily democratic.

But even if that's what he meant, he could have worded it differently.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Isn't he just talking about voting habits? It just sounded to me like he was saying latino community's voting is much more varied than the african american community which tends to skew heavily democratic.

But even if that's what he meant, he could have worded it differently.

Was posted earlier but worth bringing to the front again

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Biden is racist but good luck explaining to people that racism is a spectrum. I can't wait for Biden to declare Kamala Harris the second fresh clean articulate Black woman in the mainstream.

There's so much in his career that indicates he doesn't view Black folks as 1:1 equals nor does he take us as seriously as he should. Stealing Civil Rights valor should have some blowback but it's Awww shucks Joe. There really is no penalty within the party for disrespecting Black folks or assuming we are dumb as hell (BLM murals and performative dashikis for all!).
Lying about getting arrested in South Africa for resisting apartheid was the wtf moment for me

soul

Oct 27, 2017
His advisors must know by now that if they want him to win, they must keep him away from the media. Not that it's fooling anyone. It feels like most Biden supporters simply want to see Trump go away from the oval office rather than seeing Biden winning.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
The sad thing is, it's probably not malicious and probably comes off completely differently in his head...
It doesn't really matter. There was no need to even contrast any group with each other unless you're trying to make one group feel superior over the other to some degree. Even if he doesn't think it's malicious it is. And anyone who gets that script in front of them and thinks "yeah, I'm going to read this" is a moron and to double down on it later, to me, does imply a level of maliciousness, a calculation that says "look, I can piss this group off because I got them in the bag so I'm going to keep saying it in an attempt to appeal to this other group."

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't really matter. There was no need to even contrast any group with each other unless you're trying to make one group feel superior over the other to some degree. Even if he doesn't think it's malicious it is. And anyone who gets that script in front of them and thinks "yeah, I'm going to read this" is a moron and to double down on it later, to me, does imply a level of maliciousness, a calculation that says "look, I can piss this group off because I got them in the bag so I'm going to keep saying it in an attempt to appeal to this other group."
I know it doesn't matter, that's why I said it's sad. I don't know why he apparently can't keep his foot out of his mouth, but it's almost expected at this point.

keku

Apr 23, 2019
Is he wrong tho? As an Argentinian, who has family in the US and I've been multiple times I can agree. There are a lot more nationalities and ethnicities compressed in the Latino label. I'm of Spanish and French decent, yet there I'm a Latino and have been often simplified at best and called Mexican/beaner etc at worst

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
*deep breath*

*sigh*

*deep breath*

*sigh*

The guy is 77 years old.

77 years old.

The guy is 77 years old.

77 years old.

*sighhh*

The more I say it, the more I try to relax, but man. STFU, old guy.

4-6-2015_LEDE.png

I mean yes...
Is he trying to make the numbers go down?

Can he prop up his Latino votes without infringing on others?

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

I saw the cocaine/junkie bit earlier, but fuck me it did not get better.
This is where I am. It's a cringe apology, even in the context of a white politician trying to not rock the boat.

What's worrisome is he's got some many Black people on his team. He's responses to Black people shouldn't be this sloppy.
Tigers don't change their stripes, I guess. It appears to be in his nature, as much as he's always eager to appear compassionate and folksy. When left to his own devices, these "gaffes" are occasionally the result.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*looks at voters in America*

So, this is a good thing, right?

It certainly seems to be. Democratic voters selected the politician, between both parties mind you, with one of the longest and most consistent records of racism. Joe Biden hit Ronald Reagan from the right on criminal justice. He is perfect for white voters in swing states.

Fuck the United States.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
*deep breath*

*sigh*

*deep breath*

*sigh*

The guy is 77 years old.

77 years old.

The guy is 77 years old.

77 years old.

*sighhh*

The more I say it, the more I try to relax, but man. STFU, old guy.

Is he trying to make the numbers go down?

Can he prop up his Latino votes without infringing on others?
I don't think many of us feel attacked by this lol, like someone said eailer this is definitely something that will make white libs go crazy.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that there will always be work to be done. Vote out Trump then hold Biden's feet to the fire. Remind the government who they serve.