Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Damn shame. Its still the one thing I liked most about Bernie. An American Politician willing to speak on Israel and Palestine in a truthful and honest way. When he spoke on it during the debate I damn near double taked.

Hes a fucking unicorn in that respect. All other American Politicians on both sides of the isle are dogshit on this issue. Its remarkable.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of things that the GOP and Trump have let out of the bottle that like it or not were probably only allowed to stay as status quo for a long time because of the sensitivity around them, like this issue. The GOP and more specifically Trump pealed off a lot of bandaids with zero finesse but that in the end have not caused the American public to really care to much because ultimately a lot of people just don't care. Democrats are not going to be in a rush to put things like this back when first of it wasn't they who did it and they aren't going to give the GOP ammunition to call Democrats anti Israel in an election year and give them the issue back to run on as a wedge issue in the future. It's done, it's staying but that doesn't mean we abandon the Palestinians it just means a new plan around the new normal will have to be worked out. This goes for everything Trump has undone and taken for instance presidential powers, if Biden wins and we take back the senate we are looking at the most powerful democratic president in a long time and all thanks to the GOP.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both sides are the same is unfortunately a broken clock situation.

we're absolutely and disproportionately beholden to that country, its PAC and our wretched history of failing all the people who live there (including the Jewish Israelis who want to live in peace and prosperity alongside their fellow man) and in the surrounding regions. And for mostly if not all the wrong reasons.

we can't even undo a pointless and dangerous insult? We teach our kids better than that.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
I dont understand why the Democratic reaction to a Republican president running for his second term is to find the worst fucking candidate to run against him and convince themselves all the shit that is terrible about him actually makes him electable.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure i follow. Even if he did want the move to happen, by not threatening to move it, he has basically given up any leverage he would have. "Keep doing what you're doing or else..."? is a weird strategy.

I'm saying that if he moved it back, or threatened to move it back, he wouldn't gain any leverage because all trust in the idea would immediately evaporate.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I dont understand why the Democratic reaction to a Republican president running for his second term is to find the worst fucking candidate to run against him and convince themselves all the shit that is terrible about him actually makes him electable.
Because people need to realize that America is a shit country that will never work for the people that truly need help.

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now we have two alleged rapists supporting apartheid running for president. What a wonderful election this will be.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, the polling is pretty clear. I wasn't a Biden voter in the primary, but we have mountains of evidence that he's a pretty strong GE candidate. You see the Montana polls this week? Fucking wild. Wilder than I thought possible.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

cuz dems aint shit?

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe I ever disliked Hillary Clinton given how trash Biden has been on multiple issues.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
i mean he's probably happy the republicans bit the bullet and did it first

not that we should be surprised. iirc biden was more of an isreal hawk then Obama.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
how diseased are we as a country that our first instinct is "well this wouldn't be good for his electoral prospects", as though the immiseration of the palestinian people is just a poll number

waddling around like a bunch of idiots going "well gee, it sure does look like these brown people are getting starved to death by the israelis, but I'm gonna need to see how dan in grand rapids feels about this first"

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it makes you feel any better, this is one of the issues I care most about and one of the reasons I donated to, and volunteered for Bernie's campaign. I'm the furthest from apathetic, but also if I were surprised that liberals would support ethnic cleansing you'd rightly be able to tell me that I haven't been paying attention.

www.congress.gov

S.Res.176 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): A resolution commemorating the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem.

Summary of S.Res.176 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): A resolution commemorating the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem.
Reaffirms: (1) that it is long-standing U.S. bipartisan policy that the permanent status of Jerusalem remains a matter to be decided between the parties through final status negotiations towards a two-state solution; and (2) the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 as U.S. law, and calls upon the President and all U.S. officials to abide by its provisions.

Sanders (I-VT), Yea

This is from 2017, not some distant past. Trump cited this resolution when he moved the embassy (the JEA it reaffirms requires the President to move the embassy)

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Im already sick of this piece of shit and hes not even president yet. Like obviously i would prefer him to defeat trump in the next election but yikes is America hopeless for the next 4 years

Oct 26, 2017
It's worse than that. It demonstrates all you have to do is get concessions from Republicans when they're in office safe in the knowledge the subsequent Democrat won't do anything about it.

Why bother negotiating with a Democrat? Wait for a Republican to give away the shop!
That's how it's always been. Sadly. Shit sucks.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Trump punted the fucking football so far to the right that Uncle Joe will have to barely kick it back. Makes sense since a vote for him is simply a life support vote for the progressive laws and judges somehow still in place. It's this sort of milquetoast centrism that will probably manifest in other ways too.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Nothing surprising. American foreign politics rarely change just because the president represents different party. Obama drone striked the hell out of Middle East, just like Bush before him. Biden is doing the same thing.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
not that we should be surprised. iirc biden was more of an isreal hawk then Obama.

Biden sabotaged attempts by Obama and Hillary to pacify conflict in Israel.

Still, rather than bolstering Obama in his confrontation with Netanyahu, Biden weakened him. Two weeks after Biden's call, the Israeli prime minister returned to Washington, where he told the AIPAC Policy Conference he would never sign a peace agreement in which Israeli troops left the West Bank. He also boasted that "the Jewish people are building Jerusalem today," adding, "Jerusalem is not a settlement. It's our capital." When Netanyahu's delegation arrived at the White House, Biden draped an arm around Israel's national security advisor, Uzi Arad. "Just remember," Arad recalls the vice president saying, "that I am your best fucking friend here."

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
wdVFoeJ.gif

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Biden is a self-proclaimed Zionist. Expect more of this sort of stuff.

^ His mannerisms are so creepy. Even the way he says strong.