• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Ok So How likely are we going to see Legalized marijuana, $15 an hour, and more reforms from this new democratic government?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
You think a slightly smarter trump could pull off a fascistic takeover of the entire American government??? Because some spicy whites stormed the capital building and took pictures?

I mean, so long as hundreds and hundreds of anti american assholes storming and taking over a capital building with guns (they found many) and bombs (they found these too) with intentions of taking members of office hostage and wrecking the place while flying traitorous flags, murdering a security officer all on orders from their leader is just seen as "Spicy whites taking pictures" then even I have to say...

Hell fucking yes.

And Im not the doomer type. The fact that mentally so many people are shrinking this incident down to as close to "no big deal" as they can (intentionally or unintentionally) tells me that its definitely within reach. The news cycle spent all night trying to figure out if they were going to take this shit seriously or shrug it off. They could barely decide on calling these people terrorist or protestors. And now they are just spicy taking pictures even though theres dead bodies and investigations by the FBI and explosive devices being found etc..

Where the fuck is the line? Wheres the line where finally domestic terrorism by white people in this country is finally taken seriously because it seems to always be just out of reach.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, so long as hundreds and hundreds of anti american assholes storming and taking over a capital building with guns (they found many) and bombs (they found these too) with intentions of taking members of office hostage and wrecking the place while flying traitorous flags, murdering a security officer all on orders from their leader is just seen as "Spicy whites taking pictures" then even I have to say...

Hell fucking yes.

And Im not the doomer type. The fact that mentally so many people are shrinking this incident down to as close to "no big deal" as they can (intentionally or unintentionally) tells me that its definitely within reach. The news cycle spent all night trying to figure out if they were going to take this shit seriously or shrug it off. They could barely decide on calling these people terrorist or protestors. And now they are just spicy taking pictures even though theres dead bodies and investigations by the FBI and explosive devices being found etc..

Where the fuck is the line? Wheres the line where finally domestic terrorism by white people in this country is finally taken seriously because it seems to always be just out of reach.

The line is gone. We live in a country with thousands of COVID deaths a day and no one gives a shit. We can't hold the GOP accountable for treasonous acts, it's a party of criminals and we're going to let them get away with it.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hell fucking yes.

Forgive me for not jumping to "we're one slightly smarter trump away from being Nazi Germany" but go off on the doomer hyperbole I guess

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forgive me for not jumping to "we're one slightly smarter trump away from being Nazi Germany" but go off on the doomer hyperbole I guess

well we're currently in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the great depression and :reads book: that played a role in the rise of hitler and nazi germany

but I guess that's just history, could never repeat!

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
well we're currently in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the great depression and :reads book: that played a role in the rise of hitler and nazi germany

If there's one thing we all know about history, it's impossible to find any pattern in the past that could apply to current times.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If America is taken over by a facist dictatorship, I'll give you full leave to say "told ya so, I'm not an alarmist!"

kinda doubt it tho

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I don't know if Biden's updated his stance, but he wants decriminalized marijuana federally and the states to decide if it's legal.
maybe like 12 dollars instead of 15 but schumer has been vocal on legalization so in the senate its got some easy pathways, and i doubt the house will hold it up much either.
My Biggest fear is Joe Manchin. He's is a troubling Democrats that's a Republican mindset. He's not in favor of the $2000 checks.