Litigator

Oct 31, 2017
I like the way SIE manages studios. Their management approach seems to be focused on just creating good content that gamers want. Rather than based on spreadsheets and profit models and decisions of clueless suits. I'd rather a talented studio be managed by Sony over a pub like EA or Activision any day.

As long as they keep that up and don't change the way they do things, I don't see that them expanding is a bad thing at all whether by acquiring third parties or expanding their existing studios.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I mean, okay? This feels like... listwarring?

Positive (75+)
  1. 97 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. 97 Super Mario Odyssey
  3. 93 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  4. 92 Bayonetta 2
  5. 92 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  6. 86 Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  7. 84 Bayonetta
  8. 83 Tetris 99
  9. 83 Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  10. 82 Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  11. 81 BoxBoy! + BoxGirl!
  12. 80 New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  13. 80 Snipperclips: Cut it Out, Together!
  14. 80 Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden County
  15. 80/79 Pokémon: Let's Go, Evee! / Pikachu!
  16. 79 Pokkén Tournament DX
  17. 79 Yoshi's Crafted World
  18. 78 Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  19. 77 Arms
  20. 77 Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit
  21. 76 Super Mario Party
  22. 76 Sushi Striker: Way of the Sushido
  23. 75 Mario Tennis Aces
Mixed (74-50)
  1. 74 Fire Emblem Warriors
  2. 73 Kirby: Star Allies
  3. 70 Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit
  4. 69 Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit
  5. 68 Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: Robot Kit
  6. 58 1-2 Switch
Negative (49-)
  1. none
Ok so your list literally proves what I was saying. Almost half of the games are rated in the 70's and almost 1/3rd of the games are re-releases of games I played on Wii U.

I never said they had to be in the "mixed" metacritic category. Just that Nintendo also had a lot of game so in the 70's area and a lot of re-releases.

The only point I was trying to demonstrate is that they are literally not anymore special than Sony's exclusives. I own and play both systems regularly.

And you and the other guy were somehow implying that Nintendo is in some tier of their own. They aren't.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I got it! Sony needs to buy... 3D Realms!

I don't know why, and I don't know how many IPs 3DR still has or what sort of staff they still have, but I feel it in one of my bones that it would be a good thing.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Ok so your list literally proves what I was saying. Almost half of the games are rated in the 70's and almost 1/3rd of the games are re-releases of games I played on Wii U.

I never said they had to be in the "mixed" metacritic category. Just that Nintendo also had a lot of game so in the 70's area and a lot of re-releases.

The only point I was trying to demonstrate is that they are literally not anymore special than Sony's exclusives. I own and play both systems regularly.

And you and the other guy were somehow implying that Nintendo is in some tier of their own. They aren't.
You never said in the 70s, you said 7s. Meaning 70 or less really but I rounded up to 74 for you in good faith. A 79 or even a 7.9 is more like an 8 than a 7.

I never said Nintendo was in a tier of their own, only that you exaggerated their lower bound (which you did), and that was immediately after you criticized someone for doing the same thing with Sony which is why it stuck out.

If you want to do this same sort of comparison with Sony, particularly launch aligned, they're going to come out looking worse though.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
There are very few indipendent studies after thq,ms (and maybe google) massive shopping i wonder who are they talking to