• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
Well it was revealed she wasn't really thirsty, she's just practicing her acting because it's the only way she can right now. She was going to play as the princess at the Golden Saucer, "My Hero" and all her lines are very standard princess in trouble stuff.

Maybe Wedge should have been less subtle with that reveal.

That sounds reasonable.

Jessie's acting to alleviate the stress of the constant threat of death.

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
He's like this in Japanese as well.
Interesting. Yeah, like once after Tifa has a little flashback and seems distressed by it, English Cloud says "what was all that about?" while French Cloud is like "Tifa, you alright?"

I had been playing in English until I got to the church so I didn't really hear French Jessie, but I'd suspect she's closer to the Japanese version than the English.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
"True beauty is a feeling that comes from the heart. Do you understand, Cloud? Beauty is a thing separate from "man" or "woman". Go forth without fear."

Japanese: 本当の美しさは心持次第。いいか、クラウド? 美しさに女も男もない。物おじせず進む。

t is a bit beyond my ability to give an exact translation (with any confidence). However, it seems to be largely the same. Like the "true beauty is an expression of the heart" part is nearly a direct translation (as far as I can tell). Instead of saying "notions of gender don't apply" he says something along the lines of "it doesn't matter if you are male or female." However, I don't think, in practice, there is any real difference between the two scripts here.
Thanks for clarifying.