• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I didn't know who this person was until about a month ago but I think I found out after clicking one of his videos after seeing him ALWAYS in the trending section. While browsing some forums, I heard somewhere that apparently he and his boyfriend broke up. Fast-forward to a little later in the day, I open YouTube, click trending and see that this video had 11 million views in 5 or so hours! (right now it's at 13 million)

I haven't watched the whole thing but it's just him sulking about the break-up.

I'm just fucking stunned that this video has so many views!

Video if you're interested:

Jul 18, 2018
Beauty Youtube is HUGE.
If you wanted to make it big, that would have been the first place you would want to take advantage of

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Has Google's autoplay on home screen gone live for everyone? Is it that + google recommending the video to everyone or is he just that popular?

Jul 18, 2018
I would love to hear abou the history of it.

Like, I am sure it became huge once cameras and bitrate were good enough to showcase their work, or has it been around since even before that?
Look up Michelle Phan, she was one of the first "pioneers" on YB in that category
However some of the largest channels are from outside the US, so it would be interesting to research how the accessibility of people outside the US has affected the growth of this category

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
I would love to hear abou the history of it.

Like, I am sure it became huge once cameras and bitrate were good enough to showcase their work, or has it been around since even before that?

I can't answer this specific question, but I CAN tell you that Jeffree Star has been around since MySpace was the primary social network.

I found out about them when I fell down some rabbit hole (Jeffree used to make music, among other things) as a teenager. I was blown away a couple years ago to learn they were still around AND hugely successful.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think he was on Dr. Phil with some other guy and I remember them saying that they don't talk to people if they're not popular and don't care about people if they don't elevate their status.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I only know this person after taking a quiz testing me if I know certain people and this was a person I didn't know.

Oct 27, 2017
I saw that he bought a new mansion, so jealous.

Don't care for him and his disgustingly racist past. I know he apologized but yeah...

Also, I thought it was rumored that the guy he was with (and has now broken up with) was gay for pay.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
ZAuxmio.jpg

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Racist piece of shit.

it's actually fucking hilarious how his relationship ended up. His boyfriend was not into him and he had to bring women into the relationship to placate him sexually. Everyone could see this coming from a mile away.

wishing this Mr. Ed looking motherfucker the worst for the rest of his miserable life.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Look up Michelle Phan, she was one of the first "pioneers" on YB in that category
However some of the largest channels are from outside the US, so it would be interesting to research how the accessibility of people outside the US has affected the growth of this category
I remember watching Michelle's videos a long ass time ago and was shocked to see her back doing YouTube. Got a wave of nostalgia watching her official YouTube makeup tutorial comeback after her break. I'm also really digging the super chill vibes in her new content.

The Junji Ito-inspired visual narrative video she uploaded gave me some legit creeps.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, tried to watch a couple of videos (make up from Dollar General / TJ Maxx). That condescension is not a god look.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Racist piece of shit.

it's actually fucking hilarious how his relationship ended up. His boyfriend was not into him and he had to bring women into the relationship to placate him sexually. Everyone could see this coming from a mile away.

wishing this Mr. Ed looking motherfucker the worst for the rest of his miserable life.
Jeez.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when this dude toured as glam pop-punk act when I was in high school. I had no idea he was YouTube famous now.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
His boyfriend identified as straight so I couldn't see their relationship lasting anyways.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Does he always talk to his viewers like they're children? I feel like that would get old fast.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Racist piece of shit.

Got damn.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I can't answer this specific question, but I CAN tell you that Jeffree Star has been around since MySpace was the primary social network.

I found out about them when I fell down some rabbit hole (Jeffree used to make music, among other things) as a teenager. I was blown away a couple years ago to learn they were still around AND hugely successful.

Oh thats really sweet!

SpookyLettuce

May 26, 2018
I had zero clue about who this person was until my cousin made me sit through his video tour of his mansion, and all I could think about was the movie Parasite the whole time I watched it. That level of wealth is obscene.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
Racist piece of shit.

I remember one specific video where he kept saying his bf had only dated women before he met Jefree and it sounded a bit odd to me. I didn't expect them to break up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.