VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Microsoft would ever consider consolidating the Motorsport/Horizon brands, and just having a single product with yearly map updates. Launch the game with remastered versions of all four Horizon maps, plus the new content of the next Forza Motorsport.

Why would they do this when the games play differently from each other?

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
If it's out by this year, I'm hoping this becomes a trend of not announcing their games too early. I hate waiting years to play a game when it was announced like 3 years back. Also, no more CG trailers pls

Anyway, hopefully this looks good! And hopefully I like it better than other Bethesda RPGs. I can't seem to get too into Elder Scrolls and stuff
I don't think they'll ever announce that early again. They only did it because they knew a multiplayer only Fallout game would piss people off, and they didn't want 3-4 more years of people hounding them about Starfield and 5-7 more years of people asking about TES6. They'll definitely go back to announcing as close to release as possible after this

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Starfield was always targeting next gen (now current gen) consoles.
Cyberpunk was not on everything, it was developed for years with Xbox One and PS4 in mind and they fucked up the ports.
There are no native Xbox Series or PS5 versions. Those consoles play the game purely through backwards compatibility
Cyberpunk had One S/ One X/ PS4/ Pro/ Stadia/ PC versions. And there was some little things done when running on Series s|x and PS5 in bc mode (60fps), so 6-8. Starfield will only be Series S|X and PC; 3 different versions.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question. Will there be a Steam version of Starfield since MS bought Bethesda? And how is the Windows PC client for gaming?

This is the game I'm waiting for

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. All Microsoft releases should have day 1 release on Steam going forward.

Not great. Improvements have been made, especially aight the Xbox App launcher but people still have issues, etc etc.

Thanks. One last question, can you play offline when using the Windows Client?

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
I'm very interested to see what the focus of this game is. It's obviously going to stick to the BGS template, but after Fallout 4 switched it up and focused more on gathering/crafting/combat than roleplaying, it's clear they don't just want to do "TES post-apocalypse, TES in space," etc. We know there will be base building/settlement stuff, so I'm curious how much that's a focus vs roleplaying and other aspects of the BGS formula, and even what entirely new stuff they'll try. It being their first original IP in 20+ years is really exciting

I believe there was a jetpack in one of the leaked screenshots a few months ago. Based on the aesthetic of the tech, I'd wager it'll be heftier and more of a "realistic" feeling thing than anything in Destiny though
I want lion ramparts with control-lift like feeling which is unrealistic haha.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
This same argument could've been used for Motorsport. Last year was the first time that they announced a Motorsport game and aren't releasing within a year of the announcement since FM1 and 2 were both spring releases after FM1 got delayed

Yeah, but we know FM is using the new Forzatech and they said from the start it's a long way off. If FH5 came out this year I would assume it's cross gen using similar engine to FH4, which is the only way it's feasible. It would seem odd to go more than 3 years with no FM or FH, but maybe they're happy to just put out another expansion for FH4 instead. If there's no FH5 I would expect that. I think the series is too popular to not either release a new one or provide more content (beyond new cars).

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
If I can't collect every plate in space and keep it on my ship this game will be a waste.

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020
Fall would be really great for them with Halo Infinite and Starfield, they haven't had two big games like this launching back to back in a long time.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
If there isn't the blowback will be bad, the Windows store is notoriously terrible.
It's really gonna suck if the GamePass PC version of Starfield ships without proper mod support. I feel like they announced they were implementing some kind of solution for that on the Windows Store ages ago, but nothing of substance seems to have materialised.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
It's really gonna suck if the GamePass PC version of Starfield ships without proper mod support. I feel like they announced they were implementing some kind of solution for that on the Windows Store ages ago, but nothing of substance seems to have materialised.
Now that is not something I expect to happen, they would be very stupid to do that.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I did enjoy the fast turn around on announce-to-release on Fallout 4 and 76, though neither game lived up to my hopes (I still enjoyed much of Fallout 4 though).

Starfield isn't quite the same, having been announced a good long while ago now, but short reveal-to-release would be nice.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm not fussed if it comes out this year or next year, I'd prefer it not to be rushed.

Bethesda are well know for releasing janky and buggy games, I'm curious to see if Starfield will be another buggy mess at launch or will Microsoft make sure they polish it up before releasing.

Sunset

Feb 18, 2021
Yeah, but we know FM is using the new Forzatech and they said from the start it's a long way off. If FH5 came out this year I would assume it's cross gen using similar engine to FH4, which is the only way it's feasible. It would seem odd to go more than 3 years with no FM or FH, but maybe they're happy to just put out another expansion for FH4 instead. If there's no FH5 I would expect that. I think the series is too popular to not either release a new one or provide more content (beyond new cars).
Its odd to have relative radio silence from the teams that made Forza a annual tradition. We have some details on Forza Motorsport like its playable and that they have tested the new driving model, along with new tech, and that cars like the Koenigsegg Jesko and Corvette V8 were likely scanned with their new laser scanning equipment but nothing that we can see or experience

Nebuzel

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree you drop a marquee title and market the shit out of it to drive subscriptions. Halo and Starfield shouldn't be releasing within 2 months of each other. Microsoft must be super confident of their 2022 lineup if they are dropping two major games back to back.

I think it's more likely Starfield is a march 2022 release. Give Bethesda room for more polish, Halo room to work and they won't be competing on marketing.

I agree with your overall sentiment. Better to have marquee games spread out. But Halo was originally scheduled for 2020 release. Only one marquee game, COVID or not, released from 2020 into early 2022 would seemingly be a lack of proper planning. Microsoft is having more than just Halo release in 2021 (in regards to a big marquee game).

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Do we even know if Starfield will ship with mod tools?

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I disagree you drop a marquee title and market the shit out of it to drive subscriptions. Halo and Starfield shouldn't be releasing within 2 months of each other. Microsoft must be super confident of their 2022 lineup if they are dropping two major games back to back.

I think it's more likely Starfield is a march 2022 release. Give Bethesda room for more polish, Halo room to work and they won't be competing on marketing.
Why can't one market two games at once? Halo was supposed to release last year, and Starfield will be published by Bethesda which will have their own marketing push.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. They're going to make me buy an SX before Xmas aren't they lol. I already picked up the PS5 and was hoping I wouldn't have to spend big again till next year

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
The idea that Microsoft cares about unit sales over subscription revenue is old dead thinking. Subscription is the game up and down the company -- thus the push to get all their business customers on Azure, etc. There is no reason for them to care about unit sales, they don't need the money for anything short term, they need to hit the long term recurring revenue strategy.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
This would be great but worries me that it might be crossgen, if it's Series/PC only then hell yes bring it.
Horizon 5 being (possibly) cross-gen should be expected, and not a reason for concern in my opinion. Their engine works well on Xbox One (running at 30fps at least) while still scaling up nicely to 4k60 on PC and Series X.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Horizon 5 being (possibly) cross-gen should be expected, and not a reason for concern in my opinion. Their engine works well on Xbox One (running at 30fps at least) while still scaling up nicely to 4k60 on PC and Series X.
Im not focused on the resolution/frame rate. I'd like to see Playground push forward with FH5 and build it from the ground up around the Series much more powerful CPU and SSD. I'll play it either way but that's my preference.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on when they're going to replace the Xbox One S servers they use for Xcloud with something more powerful (hopefully XSX)?

They've confirmed it will be XSX SoCs, original rumor was for them to replace them this year. With covid and the issue with getting things getting produced currently that may be pushed back.